PC Command & Conquer series remaster

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
EA are bringing back C&C with remasters by Petroglyph which consists of many former Westwood members. They are starting with Tiberium Dawn and Red Alert.

Today, I’m thrilled to tell you we are going back to the beginning. We have decided to remaster Command & Conquer: Tiberian Dawn. And while this is incredibly exciting on its own, we’re also aware of how passionate the community is about the Red Alert universe. So, we will also remaster the original Command & Conquer: Red Alert™. But what about the classic expansion packs you may ask - Covert Ops, Counterstrike, and Aftermath? Well, C&C and Red Alert wouldn’t be the same without them, so all three expansion packs will be bundled with the base games into one remastered collection - without microtransactions.

Rest of the quote at
https://www.ea.com/news/details-command-and-conquer-remastered

https://www.pcgamer.com/command-and...red-are-being-developed-by-former-candc-devs/

https://au.ign.com/videos/2018/11/14/command-conquer-remasters-announcement

I remember when real time strategy was my absolute favourite genre. If I had to order them:

Starcraft
Warcraft 2
C&C2 - Red Alert
Dune 2
Star Wars - Galactic Battlegrounds
Z
Command and Conquer
Warcraft
Total Annhilation

Stopped PC gaming around 05

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This dropped on the weekend and I've been playing it. The re-mastered is not bad, in game is great but the full motion video doesn't clean-up as much as I'd like. Bringing back great memories and can't wait to get my Mammoth tank choke point set-up. Still on the first game, will finish that before moving to red alert.

AI is the same, you can play funny buggers with some of the attack ranges and your units might also get killed if you don't babysit them.

Early days with my replay but you can definitely waste a bit of time if you like hording units till you are unstoppable before attacking.

I liked playing the Skirmish against the PC
Haven't done that yet. I do remember hooking up two pc's at home via Lan back in the day and having battles with my Dad. Can't remember how we ended up with two pcs but it probably took a long time to get them working. I'm guessing I walked 15km home from school that day and it was snowing.

This dropped on the weekend and I've been playing it. The re-mastered is not bad, in game is great but the full motion video doesn't clean-up as much as I'd like. Bringing back great memories and can't wait to get my Mammoth tank choke point set-up. Still on the first game, will finish that before moving to red alert.

AI is the same, you can play funny buggers with some of the attack ranges and your units might also get killed if you don't babysit them.

Early days with my replay but you can definitely waste a bit of time if you like hording units till you are unstoppable before attacking.
Can you still edit the ini files so you can have s**t like infantry being as lethal as commandos and light tanks as powerful as Mammoths?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back