Opinion Commentary & Media VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit disappointed we haven't had a message from club leadership this week. It's still early so maybe it'll come, but fan sentiment is at an all-time low, and the media wagons are circling with stories about our existence being under threat.
You got a post match interview with Luke McDonald, what more do you want?

Not sure how to really put it but the heat on the club isn't going to change much.

Yeah, we can drop Jy and Lmac or whatever but the fact that they are playing at such low confidence means we are going to be in more pain. The issue with our team is not just the co-captains, its just that no one from our senior group wants to lead this club out of this mess and put an end to the endless embarrassment.

The only players that want to make change are Wardlaw and Sheezel. Our co-captains simply don't care. They are not leadership material. Would Clarko's job be easier if we had just 5 of the oldest players from another team and replace our oldest 5? 100%. It would make a huge difference.

The issue is personnel, and it starts at the top. The team cannot get out of this mess until the young guys get more exposure and get used to the AFL system. I can't stress how crucial it is to understand there isn't a way out of this.
I wouldn’t hesitate in giving the captaincy to Larkey until Sheez or Wardlaw are ready to take the reins.

He’s shown decent leadership and also has the right aptitude for the off field role a captain assumes.

You got a post match interview with Luke McDonald, what more do you want?
anything else no GIF by Ovation TV

Like clock work. Here comes the fold/merge talk
This is what I absolutely, unequivocally, undeniably, irrevocably, ostensibly…..CANNOT STAND ANYMORE. It’s ENOUGH!!!!! I wish these media people would just stop. The narrative is repetitive, boring and quite frankly becoming more and more offensive every time.

So facts:

North debt free
North youngest list and getting smashed yes….but not unlike other clubs before
Other clubs in debt

Soooo, why again are we the ones in the gun?

Rinse repeat, rinse repeat….🙄

This is what I absolutely, unequivocally, undeniably, irrevocably, ostensibly…..CANNOT STAND ANYMORE. It’s ENOUGH!!!!! I wish these media people would just stop. The narrative is repetitive, boring and quite frankly becoming more and more offensive every time.

So facts:

North debt free
North youngest list and getting smashed yes….but not unlike other clubs before
Other clubs in debt

Soooo, why again are we the ones in the gun?

Rinse repeat, rinse repeat….🙄
To be fair, it’s barely come up in the real world. I’ve read a lot more about it here than in the actual media. The media stories are 98% what we have done wrong and what are we might do to fix it, which is what you’d expect.

To be fair, it’s barely come up in the real world. I’ve read a lot more about it here than in the actual media. The media stories are 98% what we have done wrong and what are we might do to fix it, which is what you’d expect.
Thank god for the Tassie team being (somewhat) locked in for entry to the league. If not for this the media would likely being pushing the North to Tasmania angle. We'd also get treated to a McGuire thought bubble/turd where he'd outline some plan for us to play 11 games in Tassie and 11 games in Melbourne or a plan for us to get into the untapped footy paradise that is Madagascar or Uzbekistan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-----------------

3:43 Duck on North and responds to Eddie's comments

Pagan wants Sheezel to be captain

Wayne having a hard time keeping the kid supporting North

There is a long history between Clarkson and Carey and a fair divide between that 90's successful team and the ones that were there just before them

I ran into Anthony Rock on Anzac Day, less than complimentary regarding Clarko

We can’t make the mistake of thinking the AFL want to reduce the teams. They are all about expanding.

It’s also silly for anyone bringing up the uneven numbers in relation to byes. The byes are here to stay at the players association insistence.

The only reason to ever review a teams status in the league is, like it always has been, an irreversible financial drain.
i’m not stressed too much about this, just eddie mcguire trying to make some news for his podcast. if anything the afl will want to go to 20 teams, means more money when it comes to the tv rights deal and more money with advertising. possibly a team in the newcastle area which makes the most sense since they have nearly 650k people in that area.

It might just be me but I'm not overly fussed with our scoring at the moment - it's gone under ten goals once and while far from potent hitting 70-80 points is encouraging when you consider when we spend less time defending we'll be spending more time attacking.

We're working harder because our midfield lets us down not being able to handle the repelled ball from our forwards coming back which is then putting a threadbare defence under constant pressure. That, of course, is on the times they are winning the battle first up to attack before defending.

There is a long history between Clarkson and Carey and a fair divide between that 90's successful team and the ones that were there just before them

I ran into Anthony Rock on Anzac Day, less than complimentary regarding Clarko

Interesting as I've heard less than complimentary things about Rock.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back