commentators to have called both AFL and NRL

Remove this Banner Ad

John Casey called NRL and AFL for Fox
Regularly for a season or two a fairly long while ago I remember. He also called a lot boxing on fox. Funny thing is, I didn't rate him as a caller but thought he was an ok aussie rules caller.

Regularly for a season or two a fairly long while ago I remember. He also called a lot boxing on fox. Funny thing is, I didn't rate him as a caller but thought he was an ok aussie rules caller.
Did he ever call NRL? Can't recall him doing so. If so Amy idea when?

Did he ever call NRL? Can't recall him doing so. If so Amy idea when?
I know he did, couldn't tell you when he started or finished to be honest, it's too long ago for an old dude like me to remember well enough...lol! He's the first guy who came to my mind and another member posted his name here, I just replied, we could both be wrong but I highly doubt it.

A few names to add to this list.

Jimmy Smith and Brett Kimmorley from SEN NSW are calling the Sydney v GWS game this weekend. About the equivalent of Dwayne Russell and David King calling a NRL game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Mark Braybrook doing the pre game on SEN with Dayne Zorko for the AFLW GF so assume he called it but was watching on TV so didn't listen. Braybrook is a long time NRL caller with Fox and on radio.

Heard Mark Braybrook doing the pre game on SEN with Dayne Zorko for the AFLW GF so assume he called it but was watching on TV so didn't listen. Braybrook is a long time NRL caller with Fox and on radio.
His father Denis was a top rugby league referee in the 70’s and 80’s.

Don't know if he has called a regular season AFL games but Chris Coleman calls the Raiders NRL games and did an AFL pre season game between the Swans and Lions last year, reckon he was a regular NEAFL caller.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back