Toast Congrats Marc Murphy on 300 Games - His Final Game 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations Marc Murphy on your 300th and last game..
You have been a great servant of the Club, bleed Navy Blue and deserve to join the 300 club...

Now onto the next phase of your career making many father sons/daughters... Good Luck...

Happy to cheer you on if needed :tongueoutv1:

Last edited:
Hopefully, those who are in such a negative mindset about this have the decency to now keep it to themselves, this is now a celebratory thread, not one to question and ridicule one of our own.

Thank goodness this kind of garbage isn't prevalent amongst Carlton supporters outside of places like this.
make for interesting couplets attaching the disparaging stuff alongside any sheepish efforts in this thread...........

From my perspective, Marc Murphy will be remembered for his loyalty to Carlton.

He has had multiple opportunities to move, including early on to GWS when they first formed and apparently more recently to Geelong.

It's a shame his career was railroaded by significant long term injuries.

Let’s rally behind our former captain and hope we get the win for him.

Any and all bad feeling goes out the window now. A retirement should always be a celebration.
seems a little simplistic.......

#Murph300

E8Z0n3hVcAAe0HZ

Watching through the club highlights package, there was a lot of great stuff of his performances even after 30, which is about when the constant, incessant rhetoric about needing to move on from him started. There's even a great running goal from this year!

One of the greatest players our club has ever had, and should be remembered as one of the greats of the game. He just did everything right from day 1 of walking in the door.

His consistently excellent performance was immense, and I struggle to remember another player who's ever accomplished that body of work across their entire career. Not Burgoyne, or Simmo, or Franklin, nor many others can say that about their respective careers.

Congrats Murph, what a career.

Watching through the club highlights package, there was a lot of great stuff of his performances even after 30, which is about when the constant, incessant rhetoric about needing to move on from him started. There's even a great running goal from this year!

One of the greatest players our club has ever had, and should be remembered as one of the greats of the game. He just did everything right from day 1 of walking in the door.

His consistently excellent performance was immense, and I struggle to remember another player who's ever accomplished that body of work across their entire career. Not Burgoyne, or Simmo, or Franklin, nor many others can say that about their respective careers.

Congrats Murph, what a career.
can't touch this, why bother trying...........:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done Marc Murphy on 300 games

Wishing you well in your retirement and nice to see you put it in perspective by talking about what Doc’s going through

Wheels came from Warburton, not even sure it was in our recruting zone at the time, as we had most of Gippsland (Traralgon, Bairnsdale, Sale, Maffra, Fish Creek). Didn't you guys have Bendigo area?
We had Bendigo area but also my area which Warby-Millgrove was in our league but clearly it just outside our Carlton zone of the time for Wheeler to be a Dog. Love to see a map where all the borders were around here. Warby must have been on Bulldogs side of the border of zones on this map. I think clubs had a few zones. Ratten whom was in another league close to ours came from Yarra Valley too and in the Carlton zone. Fraser Brown from Lilydale in the Carlton zone. I think Monkhurst whom I remember playing against in under age footy, played for Collingwood so must be a few borders in this area for Carlton, Bulldogs and Collingwood. Wayne Johnston from Wandin North, Carlton zone.

that is a ripper photo. Cripps looks like his head was photoshopped in and Fisher looks like he’s been scrounging around Frankston station looking for some durries.

Casboult looks like an 80s dad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back