COP26 whats expected, whats delivered

Remove this Banner Ad

COP27: Dark clouds hang over Egypt ahead of climate change summit​

ABC Science
/
By environment reporter Nick Kilvert and Sarah Dingle

Posted Sun 6 Nov 2022

Can we expect anything more from our Government than we got at COP26 ?
WHY NOT?
our government has already upped our emission abatement target since cop 26.

Well we havent done it. So i dont get why you are asking in the past tense?

For many an aspiration is all that is required to bathe in sweet nothings *

* sweet nothings
phrase of nothing

words of affection exchanged by lovers.
"Ned appeared to be whispering sweet nothings in her ear"

COP27 climate summit reaches halfway point, with warming limits, emissions, compensation in spotlight​

The world is waiting for Mr Bowen to make some noise.

Delegates probably deep ib discussion on the most critical failure, why is their junket in such a crappy party city and how to improve the venue for their next pointless talkfest.

I am not denying the cause just this waste of money given the agreements are predetermined, watered down and some of the big polluters just lie or cheat anyway.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Delegates probably deep ib discussion on the most critical failure, why is their junket in such a crappy party city and how to improve the venue for their next pointless talkfest.

I am not denying the cause just this waste of money given the agreements are predetermined, watered down and some of the big polluters just lie or cheat anyway.

Just ignore China, job done.

But the targets only eventuate at all because the leaders want to go to these conferences and say hey look at what we are doing and feel smug about themselves. You need the meetings for the most childish of reasons. But without it the targets wouldn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back