Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not so bad as it buys us an extra week. Richo is going to have to do some hard talking with the State Governments and the AFL. It would be nice if we could count on the Cows for some support but as usual they will take it up the arse and not say a word.
They aren’t contending, the harder it is for us the happier they’d be.

I sort of think that if caring for one’s own health and those around you and the community won’t encourage people to get vaccinated then the fact that their life will shrink in coming months while the fully vaccinated have more freedoms might do it.

Those too terrified because of religious beliefs of it being the Mark of the Beast, those who have had negative experiences in the past with a vaccination or those who believe Andrew Wakefield et al’s lies or the New World Order might still not be moved to do it though and settle for a very insular life, severe illness or death or many interactions with the police..

Some difficult decisions for some going forward.

I would've thought wearing at all times would be best, in the classrooms too. This is wearing it only when not in the classrooms, is what the abc report has quoted.

Masks are mandatory in secondary schools but only recommended in tertiary institutions.

I would've thought wearing at all times would be best, in the classrooms too. This is wearing it only when not in the classrooms, is what the abc report has quoted.
I am not saying it makes sense, but wearing a mask, even partially, would reduce spread. Not sure if it is necessary either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does having teachers wear masks in high schools, except when they are in their classrooms, and sports people that come from all over Adelaide to train together but not play community competition, lower the probability of spread?

No but people will feel safe. Lock 10 people in a room 5 with masks and 5 without for 8 hours and 1 has the virus, all 10 are leaving with it.

I certainly was not in favour of either protests, BLM nor Antilockdown during a pandemic but there were differences.

The BLM organisers at least attemptd to work WITH police and to follow distancing and masking directives.

The anti lockdown orotests were held during full lockdowns when the Delta strain is in the community and disregarded directives.

And the anti lockdown protesters were actually defeating their purpose by protesting, risking an extension of lockdowns if there is a super spreading event.

A definite difference.
But as ai said I am against both protests during a pandemic.

Obviously she didn't want to look too much like Andrews, but Gladys could have picked up the phone to Marshall for cover and said she'd listened to him. Coverage of a Liberal leader for the backflip. Instead it'll be a shitshow to at least September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back