Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you conversing with it? Thats what the ignore list is for
It’s pretty low to dehumanise a contributor because they hold contrary views. If I recall Sobrave you are a proponent of locking people up if they choose not to vaccinate? I find that position extreme, simplistic and ultimately reprehensible but I’m not going to deny your humanity or your right to comment

It’s pretty low to dehumanise a contributor because they hold contrary views. If I recall Sobrave you are a proponent of locking people up if they choose not to vaccinate? I find that position extreme, simplistic and ultimately reprehensible but I’m not going to deny your humanity or your right to comment

very well said 👍

And picking up on strappingtapes theme, it’s the hypocrisy that sticks in the craw. What was Dan “ring of steel” Andrews doing 6 months ago? That’s right welcoming the worlds tennis circuit to Melbourne
Which was possible because there were zero local cases given he actually closed off the metro area and properly locked down. So that's like, the opposite of hypocrisy eh?

London is interesting. I'm copping it from Boris supporting friends in the UK with numbers falling.

I look at Israel to understand the state of play I back them to follow science and achieve the likely outcome we will be stuck with. They lead with vaccinations they make the right calls with a view of protection of health of the population as a priority.
Israel cases are on the rise.
French cases are on the rise.
German cases are on the rise.
Spanish cases are on the rise.

Boris's cases have fallen over the past 5 days.
Hospitalisations are up deaths are up but they are lagging indicators.

It's interesting.

I'm not legitimately proposing people be thrown in jail for not taking a vaccine FFS

Yes, no problem with easing restrictions in some regional areas but what is required is a 'ring of steel around' Sydney so that the virus cannot escape. inside that ring of steel a stage 4 lockdown has to be implemented just as Melbourne did last year.
Exactly. It's clear now those in Sydney will move around, you can't open up parts of NSW and rely on thousands of anti-vaxxer's / anti-lockdown idiots to stay in Sydney and not go around the state. If they won't / can't ring Sydney then they need to keep everywhere else locked down. Plus they should be locking down Sydney harder, not talking about letting construction start again and other easing of restrictions when the numbers are going up, not down.

London is interesting. I'm copping it from Boris supporting friends in the UK with numbers falling.

I look at Israel to understand the state of play I back them to follow science and achieve the likely outcome we will be stuck with. They lead with vaccinations they make the right calls with a view of protection of health of the population as a priority.

It's interesting.

It really is peculiar. I haven't seen the number of tests conducted for the last few days, but tests were slightly on the decline. Positive tests were at about 4% a few days ago. It will be interesting to see the testing numbers over the last few days to see what the positive test rate has been. This virus really has had a peculiar impact on the world and no one seems to know how it's going to play out.

It's interesting.

I read current figures are not related to opening up - what that will have done will start in another week so keep an eye on what’s happening from a week away.

It's interesting.

Why would you be copping it? Are they bragging about something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep an eye on what is happening with children too. Looks concerning.

The information starting to surface around long covid, that is the longer term impacts of the disease that lasts, weeks months and possibly indefinitely after the onset of the virus is also worrying.

There is still much research to be done as attention is focussed on stopping the spread of the virus atm but medical researchers are most worried about the potential long term impacts on brain function for children and young adults infected with the virus.

The information starting to surface around long covid, that is the longer term impacts of the disease that lasts, weeks months and possibly indefinitely after the onset of the virus is also worrying.

There is still much research to be done as attention is focussed on stopping the spread of the virus atm but medical researchers are most worried about the potential long term impacts on brain function for children and young adults infected with the virus.

That article is sobering. My god the world will be dealing with the after effects of this for decades.

just on the RPA rumour, they've since tweeted that a patient attended emergency with COVID and caused a pause and clean up. no staff considered contacts out of the incident because the usual protocols followed. business as usual. no ambulances being turned away according to them. retweet follows

So natural occurrence or escaped from lab? Are we any clearer on that one?

I still don't understand how anyone could think it came from anywhere other than the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

"
Although there were no findings in clear support of either a natural spillover or a lab accident, the team assessed a zoonotic spillover from an intermediate host as “likely to very likely,” and a laboratory incident as “extremely unlikely” [(4), p. 9]. Furthermore, the two theories were not given balanced consideration. Only 4 of the 313 pages of the report and its annexes addressed the possibility of a laboratory accident (4). Notably, WHO Director-General Tedros Ghebreyesus commented that the report's consideration of evidence supporting a laboratory accident was insufficient and offered to provide additional resources to fully evaluate the possibility (5)."

Last edited:
Imagine my surprise to learn that those articles about how superior NSW's contact tracing systems are to those in Vic were just total, untested bullshit.

Imagine my surprise to learn that those articles about how superior NSW's contact tracing systems are to those in Vic were just total, untested bullshit.

Victoria's contact tracing systems last year were pretty bad. To their credit they have ramped up with contact tracing efforts lately, and it has shown with them coming out of lockdown tonight.

That article is sobering. My god the world will be dealing with the after effects of this for decades.

Sad but true. In Australia most people are not familiar with the term 'long COVID' but in the UK it is a huge issue. One of the big questions around vaccines is do they prevent long COVID? We know they reduce COVID symptoms and greatly reduce the risk of death but does being infected while vaccinated still have any long term effects? It will probably take a decade for the long term effects of COVID to be fully understood.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back