Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We're on the up again lol

View attachment 1087947
1. Vaccine roll-out has been painfully slow in a lot of countries
2. Second doses are probably not being administered in the time frame recommended
3. Attitudes to social distancing and hygiene are probably becoming somewhat lax now that vaccines are starting to be rolled out

Basically, people are stupid and incompetent.

He still should've been keeping as isolated as possible from his housemates, not drinking with them.

In an ideal world yes. People are complacent about whether they have it. I was tested last year and I roamed around my house while waiting for results.

But the reality is 6 blokes living in a house and he was already infected. Drinking together was not a good idea but they were all going to be locked down anyway.

You get results hours after a test now so the best result is that none if them left the house before he received the result.

And it's still not as if he had a party which was an incredibly stupid pre-emptive announcement. Social media is viral itself and he could have been attacked and threatened at least online over an outright falsehood. You could see the activation building up.

1. Vaccine roll-out has been painfully slow in a lot of countries
2. Second doses are probably not being administered in the time frame recommended
3. Attitudes to social distancing and hygiene are probably becoming somewhat lax now that vaccines are starting to be rolled out

Basically, people are stupid and incompetent.

Cant help but think the new mutant variants that keep popping up are gonna be more resistant to the vaccine and we're gonna end up back at stage one again. Keep those international borders closed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is going to go on for years lol. The vaccine won't change a thing as far as we're concerned here in Australia - our international border will still be closed, we'll still be in lockdowns over a handful of cases, interstate borders will still close regularly. Overseas, the vaccine will just reduce the death toll.

I feel like they can just swap the fixture and get through the snap lockdown without too much further disruption. Stay in Melbourne, play the game, do your recovery and head home and go into a bubble of sorts.

Should be fine, surely.

I feel like they can just swap the fixture and get through the snap lockdown without too much further disruption. Stay in Melbourne, play the game, do your recovery and head home and go into a bubble of sorts.

Should be fine, surely.

Other problems will pop up.

For example, North played in Queensland on Saturday. In less than 28 days, they're fixtured to play in WA. Mark McFlogface will now require anyone who has been in Queensland in the last 28 days to quarantine for 14 days. So that fixture is cooked and the flow on effect begins.

For example, North played in Queensland on Saturday. In less than 28 days, they're fixtured to play in WA. Mark McFlogface will now require anyone who has been in Queensland in the last 28 days to quarantine for 14 days. So that fixture is cooked and the flow on effect begins.

It will all depend on whether they get exceptions. This is why teams are going to go back into a bubble.

Dan's "gOLd StAndARd" Hotel Quarantine program starts up again soon...

One of the strange things about the Australian COVID figures is there are currently 77 hospitalisations in Australia and of those 71 are in Queensland. Is Queensland just unlucky or do they transfer all positive cases in quarantine to a hospital? New South Wales, which takes three times as many returning Aussies as Queensland has only 4 people in hospital. Maybe Queensland is taking more people from badly affected parts of Europe such as Italy, France and Germany?

As this latest outbreak leaked from a hospital maybe their quarantine management needs upgrading?

Last edited:
The Deadbacks were still in Brisbane yesterday for a one-dayer (got flogged again!), so I wonder if they were able to travel back to Adelaide afterwards. If/when they do they'll have to quarantine for 14 days, so that may postpone their next fixtures/floggings.

I have not heard that SA has imposed any travel restrictions with Queensland. So far WA is the only State to require self isolation. With the QLD CMO declaring a hotspot and Annastacia Palaszczuk implementing a 3 day lock down in Greater Brisbane those restrictions may not be long in coming.

Does not look good for Queensland tourism as they were looking for a boost over the Easter school holiday break. On TV this morning they were talking about 20 flights a day into the Gold Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back