Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when are other states opening borders?

WA I gather is not until 2025, but what about the rest?

Qld shut it's border to SA but aren't they opening up to NSW and Vic soon?

Tas opens Dec 15th. Vic and NSW already open.

QLD may be opening its borders this week, they're a bee's dick away from 80%.

So when are other states opening borders?

WA I gather is not until 2025, but what about the rest?

Qld shut it's border to SA but aren't they opening up to NSW and Vic soon?

Tas opens Dec 15th. Vic and NSW already open.

Queensland are opening borders on the 17th Dec. So at most they're locking SA out for a couple of weeks. Seems a bit pointless.

Who gives a stuff about WA

In hindsight we should have opened up about December 11th and let businesses have a few more weeks of decent trade, Christmas Parties, shopping etc during their peak period. That would still allow people time to get to SA for Christmas.

Not sure why they pulled the trigger so early, its cynical of me to think its so others could learn from our mistakes before they do the same, or to put pressure on others to do the same, but its probably true.
My Mrs work show (among I expect many others) has been cancelled. So businesses once again miss out.

So, positive COVID-19 test recorded for a woman who flew from Adelaide to the Northern Territory after spending time in Port Noarlunga, in Adelaide's southern suburbs, last week had been identified as a false positive. :D :D :D :D :D :D

The NT slammed the border shut when this woman landed in Darwin. Will they re open them to SA?

Today's return is an improvement as all SA cases are now accounted for. SA has only one COVID case hospitalised which is not bad almost two weeks into open borders. Since the borders reopened to 25,000 applicants SA has recorded 49 cases of which 25 are linked to the Norwood cluster. Several of the 49 were interstate or overseas acquired and the Norwood cluster remains the only major local transmission.

Last edited:
Queensland are opening borders on the 17th Dec. So at most they're locking SA out for a couple of weeks. Seems a bit pointless.

Who gives a stuff about WA

Annastacia is jumping at shadows. It will be interesting to note the tsunami of southerners wanting to head north to Queensland for Christmas. SA had 25,000 lined up so I reckon Qld could easily have 10 times that number.

Get to work today. No-one around. Dead quiet. Dark af. Like some horror movie. Open my email and see:

WELCOME TO COVID CITY NOW PISS OFF HOME AND GET TESTED

And I'll be damned if that swab to the brain didn't clear up my hayfever instantly, lol...

4e192c69ebada416cbf527e1c44cf2e56c5242c9_hq.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

US biotech Novavax is expecting results from an Australian study of a coronavirus and influenza vaccine at the start of next year, paving the way for the development of a combined jab to fight both diseases.

The Australian government is still waiting on 51 million doses of Novavax’s original coronavirus vaccine, with the product yet to receive approval for use in Australia.

Outgoing health minister Greg Hunt said last Friday he was hopeful Novavax would receive the first international approvals for its COVID vaccine this week and that there might be some “positive news” about an Australian approval by Christmas.

Has anyone got covid around here?

Everyone has? I missed it?

sh*t! PANIC STATIONS! LOCK THE DOORS! AND HOPE THEY DON'T HAVE BLASTERS!

It's a bit like saying there's no droughts or famines because it rained last week when I was eating breakfast

US biotech Novavax is expecting results from an Australian study of a coronavirus and influenza vaccine at the start of next year, paving the way for the development of a combined jab to fight both diseases.

The Australian government is still waiting on 51 million doses of Novavax’s original coronavirus vaccine, with the product yet to receive approval for use in Australia.

Outgoing health minister Greg Hunt said last Friday he was hopeful Novavax would receive the first international approvals for its COVID vaccine this week and that there might be some “positive news” about an Australian approval by Christmas.

About time !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So we are still hell-bent on vaccination only events to stop the spread whilst Israel just ok'd the 4th jab/2nd booster. Maybe we should just let everyone be at this stage going by world data half those vaccinated are gonna be as protected as the unvaxxed come the test.

About time !!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

IS OLD VACCINE TECHNOLOGY THE KEY TO HESITANCY?

At the end of the day, if someone is more comfortable with another vaccine, the goal should be to get people vaccinated," said Leana Wen, MD, an emergency physician and health policy expert at George Washington University and former health commissioner of Baltimore. "Having more options is always better. At this point when we have a surplus of vaccines, we should be offering individuals the choice as much as possible."

William Schaffner, MD, an infectious disease expert at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, said there could be an advantage in the emotional appeal of a vaccine strategy with an apparent track record.

"Psychologists tell us that facts are essential, but what changes behavior is how people feel about something," Schaffner told MedPage Today. "They have to feel comfortable and reassured. ... Anything that will persuade some people to make them feel more comfortable in accepting a vaccine is something I endorse."

But the available data on mRNA and adenoviral vector vaccines accumulated over the last 6 months shouldn't be overlooked, they noted.

Purified Protein Technology

For Novavax's protein subunit vaccine candidate (known as NVX-CoV2373), spike protein is made by infecting cultures of insect (Spodoptera frugiperda) cells with a baculovirus that's been altered to contain genes for making the spike. The cells then churn out spike proteins, which are purified and mixed with an adjuvant to make the vaccine.

The Novavax candidate contains the "Matrix-M" adjuvant, which is composed of the plant-derived glycoside saponin, cholesterol, and phospholipids.

Paul Offit, MD, director of the Vaccine Education Center at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, said this is the exact same technology used in the Flublok influenza vaccine, and is similar to other purified protein vaccines that have been around for a long time, like the hepatitis B vaccine.

We've seen vaccine acceptance polling rise from 30% to 40% to 70% since December. Those are the people who are reassured by reason and logic and data," Offit told MedPage Today. "Then there's the access issue, that's being addressed. The third is inertia, where some people don't have a problem with it but haven't gotten around to it yet. Then there's a fourth group of science denialists who don't believe in what they're being told, or think that the disease is gone. These people won't believe in the government or the medical establishment or pharma."

There's also the fact that if a vaccine does have a side effect, it will likely show up in the first 6 to 8 weeks of use, Offit said.

"Of all the vaccines we use, in infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, none of them have any long-term effects," Schaffner said. "No vaccine has shown side effects 2 to 5 years later. That doesn't exist because there's no biological reason for it."

Schaffner said the argument could also be made that "we know vastly more about mRNA vaccines than we do about Novavax. Novavax is new whereas we've given the mRNA vaccines to 170 million people in the U.S. alone. We may know more about the safety there than we do about Novavax."

Wen said it's still important to emphasize the good safety record of the vaccines while still taking patient preference into account.

"I have no concerns about the long-term effects of mRNA vaccines," Wen told MedPage Today. "That said, there are individuals who may have these concerns, and if another vaccine is what it takes to get them vaccinated, I think we should do everything we can to dispel misinformation while increasing options

Israel boosters seem to be working and not waning so far. The discussion about a potential fourth is only for the immunocompromised.
Covid19 vaccines are not the only type that require multiple shots. It is nothing new.

Hopefully it's like Tetanus, by about the 3rd one you have it's a lifetime protection

Fifteen minutes for most.

For some it's an agonising couple of days. I have zero doubt some people got knocked around more by the shot than they would've by covid.

You certainly WONT DIE either way. You might, if you are in an overwhelmingly minority.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back