Corona virus, Port and the AFL. Part 4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hotel Quarantine system leaks like a sieve despite guards on the hotels so how is this going to work? Marshall has volunteered SA because he doesn't have the money to build a dedicated quarantine facility like Vic, Qld or WA.

Think about this in terms of the home quarantine trial SA is starting this week.

If people can go to their home in SA from NSW, quarantine there for 14 days and then catch up with family without taking up places in the medi-hotel system then isn't this the first step of doing exactly that? Maybe I've missed something but it looks like that is what will happen.
It's about timing. At the moment, if one of those people quarantining at home is infected and leaves the house, it means an instant lockdown. Yes, it is the future when we are "living with the virus", but too high a risk right now.

It's about timing. At the moment, if one of those people quarantining at home is infected and leaves the house, it means an instant lockdown. Yes, it is the future when we are "living with the virus", but too high a risk right now.

There’s no way it doesn’t happen. If social media has taught us anything, it’s that the average human is cooked, and has the resilience of a gluten-free blancmange.

This is worse than when I found out that Ace Frehley was a brain damaged alcoholic.
Does he not realise that those likes are public? Or does he just not care?

Arsene Wenger we need answers.

Going to need details of the alleged tweet likings in question. Or is this another "I cant believe what he said"

If a person cannot successfully verify their location or identity when requested, SA Health will notify SA Police who will conduct an in-person check on the person in quarantine.

and if the person is not where they should be what happens then? Do the police scour Adelaide looking for the potentially positive person?

These are random checks so is a person going to be woken up at 3 in the morning just to check they are not out on the town?

We don't tell them how often or when, on a random basis they have to reply within 15 minutes," Mr Marshall said.

It sounds good in theory and will probably work with people who want to do the right thing. But as we have seen there are people who skip hotel quarantine with guards on the door. I only live 5 minutes from the local shopping centre so I leave my phone at home with my partner go to the shops then scoot home inside of the 15 minutes if I get a call. There are ways around it Premier and some devious sod is bound to find them.

I hope this works but I have visions of the, 'Man Skips Home Quarantine and Tests Positive' headline.

Going to need details of the alleged tweet likings in question. Or is this another "I cant believe what he said"

The ‘best’ one was a tweet that read “Bring Back Trump”.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda beach in Melbourne yesterday

7fadf8bcc2b8774ff396885dcf5552f1

St Kilda beach in Melbourne yesterday

7fadf8bcc2b8774ff396885dcf5552f1
Where are all the right wing boomers who I thought were the greatest threat to lockdown compliance?

I know technically this probably isn't non compliant... But it should be. Anyone with any commonsense should be able to see that, and think yeah, nah, maybe I won't exercise there.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

This is worse than when I found out that Ace Frehley was a brain damaged alcoholic.
Does he not realise that those likes are public? Or does he just not care?

Arsene Wenger we need answers.

Ace Frehley is brain damaged? I guess that explains the make up

If Gladys Berejiklian is so keen to make decisions that affect the rest of Australia, maybe we should all be allowed to vote in the next NSW election. :think:

Where are all the right wing boomers who I thought were the greatest threat to lockdown compliance?

I know technically this probably isn't non compliant... But it should be. Anyone with any commonsense should be able to see that, and think yeah, nah, maybe I won't exercise there.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Is mask wearing compulsory in Victoria while you're out and about? If you're going on a leisurely stroll I mean, not exercising as such.

Is mask wearing compulsory in Victoria while you're out and about? If you're going on a leisurely stroll I mean, not exercising as such.

Yes. That technically is non-compliant. Technically its non compliant even if there is no-one about (which is annoying) but that's an obvious breach. They really should carry a coffee cup or drink bottle to make it look more compliant. Bike riders fair enough. No one is jogging/running. I think everyone assumes we are in lockdown for months. (The weather was really lovely on the weekend!)

Last edited:

The Hotel Quarantine system leaks like a sieve despite guards on the hotels so how is this going to work? Marshall has volunteered SA because he doesn't have the money to build a dedicated quarantine facility like Vic, Qld or WA.
Because if you’re fully vaccinated you (and the public) are actually safer at home than you are in hotel quarantine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back