Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

have seen RATs in the clearance shelves in many places.
Thats All Folks Clap GIF by Digital Pratik

I think you will find that if patients were treated early within the first 48hours of getting covid that hardly anyone would have ended up in hospital. Unfortunately therapeutics were discredited and in some countries banned so that patients had no options for early treatment other than patacetamol. Once in hospital Remdesivir was used to treat patients which is deadly. You may want to also look into the bonuses that hospitals in the US where given when a patient tested positive from covid, where treated with remdesivir and when they died from covid.
I haven't really followed the news on this covid19 event, but I have had at least 3 flus (perhaps covid because a mate told me the experts said we're all gonna get it) and haven't even bothered going to the GP. I appreciate your comment!

Of course it exists in the wild. Viruses that exist in the wild are not generally any problem to human beings. The problem exists when gain of function research turns the virus into a bioweapon. There is published evidence that gain of function has been going on for decades. It's also interesting that the virus and it's vaccine was patented years before the virus even existed.
Thanks again! Like I said I don't follow the news and it's great to get some info here that I can trust.

I haven't really followed the news on this covid19 event, but I have had at least 3 flus (perhaps covid because a mate told me the experts said we're all gonna get it) and haven't even bothered going to the GP. I appreciate your comment!

Highly unlikely you actually had influenza three times, if we're being technical.

Most people that think they have influenza actually have a cold.

Anyone on here actually considering booking a cruise now (as in in the post covid world?) I really want to understand the motivation.
we were supposed to go in March 2020, but it was cancelled 30 mins before we were supposed to leave, so we got double credit and have rebooked for July next year

we were supposed to go in March 2020, but it was cancelled 30 mins before we were supposed to leave, so we got double credit and have rebooked for July next year
Good luck

I've done the boat to Tassie and that's long enough for me.
Cruises hold no interest to me, but then neither does camping and that is also popular.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't wear masks often anymore. However, you may have noticed an unexpected benefit. Not only does it reduce your risk of catching covid-19 and transmitting it to others, but I just noticed that it seems to reduce coughing as well.

When I've started coughing fits in the last few days, I simply slipped on a mask. It seems the humidity of your own breath being trapped in the mask helps to alleviate tickly dryness in your throat, greatly reducing or eliminating the urge to cough. Are masks the new dry cough syrup?

I don't wear masks often anymore. However, you may have noticed an unexpected benefit. Not only does it reduce your risk of catching covid-19 and transmitting it to others, but I just noticed that it seems to reduce coughing as well.

When I've started coughing fits in the last few days, I simply slipped on a mask. It seems the humidity of your own breath being trapped in the mask helps to alleviate tickly dryness in your throat, greatly reducing or eliminating the urge to cough. Are masks the new dry cough syrup?
Big benadryl doesn’t like this

Covid has popped my side among family and friends so we're laying low as well. Nobody seems to be having big get togethers, I've had a few quick drop ins this morning and it's already nearly over.
It seems to be more widespread than the government would like us to believe.

Big benadryl doesn’t like this
I read the abstracts of a couple of studies showing that pretty much all major cough syrup active ingredients are placebos. I personally find that pholcodine works a little for me. It's illegal in the United States and found in Durotuss in Australia. I think it works for me a little because it makes me just 'high' enough to ignore the urge to cough and enough to fall asleep.

I've had covid-19 twice now (that I know of). The first time around I did my usual coughing routine of having cough medicine to help me sleep. I lost my sense of smell and taste for a few days, which seems to be a very old-school covid symptom, more Wuhan than omicron. I felt generally rubbish and tired.

The second time around, I didn't even need the cough medicine - just a drink of water would basically get rid of the urge to cough. There was no loss of taste or smell, I felt generally less sick and the tiredness was not as severe. It may have been a different variant, or hopefully my immune system is learning to deal with it.

Coatsworth has been wrong about pretty much everything so far but bless him for having the confidence to keep going in the hope something sticks.

He's right that is worth * all as a health measure though

From ninemsn..

The Prime Minister says the government is keeping a close watch on a new, super-spreading COVID-19 strain.
Anthony Albanese confirmed he's taking advice from health authorities after the Omicron strain, named "The Kraken", was detected in Victoria.
"There are a range of these variants developed and we can expect that it is something that will continue into the future," the prime minister said on Saturday.

The strain is running rampant in America, accounting for 40 per cent of new cases.
A few days ago, New South Wales health confirmed a small number of XBB.1.5 cases were detected in the state during the fortnight before December 24.

The new variant has been labelled by the World Health Organisation as "the most transmissible sub-variant which has been detected yet".
The sub-variant of Omicron was first detected in India in August but has now been found in 25 countries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back