Coronavirus 2020 / Worldwide (Stats live update in OP) Part 8: This Thread is for Reasonable ON TOPIC Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't wear masks often anymore. However, you may have noticed an unexpected benefit. Not only does it reduce your risk of catching covid-19 and transmitting it to others, but I just noticed that it seems to reduce coughing as well.
Plus you don't need to brush your teeth!

Of course you're shilling for BigFluoride now.
if there is one thing I learned when I was at a water treatment plant for work, it was stay away from the fluoride shed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was pretty crook earlier this week but it only lasted two days and it didn't 'feel' like covid as I've had it three times beforehand

But I never tested for it, so maybe it was?

I tell you what though, ever since I had covid the first time, whenever I've gotten any kind of cough/cold, I've had to resort to my Ventolin puffer, which I never really had to for the past 15 years

(Had bad childhood asthma - 'grew out of it' during my mid twenties and only since covid in my late 30s I've need to use it again)

I haven't looked at the stats but know of a few who have tested positive in the last couple of weeks, I won't be surprised if there's a bit of a wave.
You wouldn’t know as people have stopped testing by and large, so hospitalisations might be a better indicator. These are in steady decline so probably not, though there may be a lag I suppose.

You wouldn’t know as people have stopped testing by and large, so hospitalisations might be a better indicator. These are in steady decline so probably not, though there may be a lag I suppose.
I can tell you just about all hospitalisations for the last few months that have come under the COVID banner were not because of COVID. We, in the medical profession, hope the strains don't become anywhere near as virulent once more.

Anecdotally felt like a ******* terrible flu season. Ive had a cough and head stuffiness for about a month that i just cant shake. Did get COVID again in early winter too.

I work for DOH and when i tested positive i asked my manager what our policy was, absolutely no clue. Make no mistake, nobody cares anymore.

If sick but functional, work from home. If sick and non functional, take a sick day.

Doesn’t really need to be a covid specific thing, being sick with the flu or whatever else is also not something you want to be passing on.

If sick but functional, work from home. If sick and non functional, take a sick day.

Doesn’t really need to be a covid specific thing, being sick with the flu or whatever else is also not something you want to be passing on.
Yeh, thats not really even policy but its certainly not attitude (were being driven hard to come in regardless, so many people coughing and spluttering around the office) but i more meant we dont have any policy around re testing or mandatory periods away following a positive test and many of us have live hospital visits as part of our role.

Yeh, thats not really even policy but its certainly not attitude (were being driven hard to come in regardless, so many people coughing and spluttering around the office) but i more meant we dont have any policy around re testing or mandatory periods away following a positive test and many of us have live hospital visits as part of our role.
Sounds almost negligent on the part of your manager.

Felt good on Tuesday but went out the last few days and starting to get the sniffles again.

Seems to be going around like wildfire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back