News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
".........the point is, basic scientific literacy, a willingness to dive in to these things, we find again and again, that the narrative that we are being handed, and the narrative that we see being enforced on social media, is itself garbage and politicized, and one can deduce what its purpose is, by virtue of the fact that clearly it is willing to harm people in order to keep the message simple and on track........."

Victoria has marked one week without community transmission after the Black Rock cluster that sparked alarm early in the new year.

No new local cases of coronavirus were recorded overnight, but three have emerged in hotel quarantine.

Nearly 18,000 tests were received on Tuesday.

Last edited:
Snake_Baker posted a link to the Weinstein/Heyling podcast earlier in some thread and it repeated something i'd heard rumours of earlier about this. That when the trial was completed with a smaller dose as the first or second dose the effectiveness was up around 90% as well.

The argument Brett W made for this makes some sense, it was simply that the immune response to the higher dose of vaccine compromised the immune response to the virus. So theoretically that could be a short term issue and that after a while the vaccine increases its effectiveness. But who knows really.

Snake_Baker posted a link to the Weinstein/Heyling podcast earlier in some thread and it repeated something i'd heard rumours of earlier about this. That when the trial was completed with a smaller dose as the first or second dose the effectiveness was up around 90% as well.

The argument Brett W made for this makes some sense, it was simply that the immune response to the higher dose of vaccine compromised the immune response to the virus. So theoretically that could be a short term issue and that after a while the vaccine increases its effectiveness. But who knows really.

Basically correct, but it's still just theoretical.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will you know what it is for when its done?

I know what it is for. It is another Covid vaccine using more traditional methods but still with some new techniques in the way they attach the protein spike (Snake_Baker would understand that far more than I do). Basically it is RNA versus MRNA which is what the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are. This would be far cheaper to produce and only require normal refrigeration. It would be a good candidate for the developing world.

Speaking to the guy who manages me in the trial yesterday they should be able to tell me whether I am on the placebo, 5mg dose, or 25mg dose soon as the role of the placebo cohort is pretty much over after they track any side effects for two weeks. After that, they are tracking the immune response and there is no way the placebo can impact on that.

I know what it is for. It is another Covid vaccine using more traditional methods but still with some new techniques in the way they attach the protein spike (Snake_Baker would understand that far more than I do). Basically it is RNA versus MRNA which is what the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are. This would be far cheaper to produce and only require normal refrigeration. It would be a good candidate for the developing world.

Speaking to the guy who manages me in the trial yesterday they should be able to tell me whether I am on the placebo, 5mg dose, or 25mg dose soon as the role of the placebo cohort is pretty much over after they track any side effects for two weeks. After that, they are tracking the immune response and there is no way the placebo can impact on that.

What have you actually taken, and what analysis was done prior to treatment?

Did they draw and analyse blood serum?

What have you actually taken, and what analysis was done prior to treatment?

Did they draw and analyse blood serum?

Two injections.

They did a full batch of blood tests and a health check before starting and they draw more blood at each appointment for the shot. Then I have regular follow up appointments where they will draw more blood.

Two injections.

They did a full batch of blood tests and a health check before starting and they draw more blood at each appointment for the shot. Then I have regular follow up appointments where they will draw more blood.

What is the vaccination?

Covid 19 RNA based vaccination. Stage 2 trial.

Okay, do you have a paper for it? Any idea about it's sequence or mode of operation?

It's probably not publicly available if it's still only phase II.

I assume it's a similar spike sequence insertion template to others that are available..

Okay, do you have a paper for it? Any idea about it's sequence or mode of operation?

It's probably not publicly available if it's still only phase II.

I assume it's a similar spike sequence insertion template to others that are available..

No. The way they explained it to me was that this company had developed a new way of binding the protein spike from the coronavirus to the other components of the vaccine. So my understanding was that it was an upgraded version of the old vaccine methodology rather than a completely new approach. I am not that knowledgeable about science so not sure if I was asking the right questions.

No. The way they explained it to me was that this company had developed a new way of binding the protein spike from the coronavirus to the other components of the vaccine. So my understanding was that it was an upgraded version of the old vaccine methodology rather than a completely new approach. I am not that knowledgeable about science so not sure if I was asking the right questions.

Basically, what I have seen of these RNA type vaccines is that they insert spike sequences in the cells which basically throw a spanner in the viral replication machinery once Sars-CoV-2 has entered a host and this stops it in its tracks.

What you are referring to is some type of "carrier" RNA strand which acts to insert an accompanying set of proteins which jam up the replication works. It's interesting. I'd like to see it's mode of methodology when it becomes available.

I posted some comments on the drug "remdesivir" a while back, which works by similar protocols, but without the RNA insertion.

Click on the functional groups marked 1-5 in this link for a better understanding:

*Take particular note of functional group 2 as the insertion mechanism in to the viral replication template. I suspect your vaccine works via a similiar route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back