News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm this whole 'we don't want 18 year olds dying from blood clotting after getting AZ' thing from Queensland Health seems pretty ****ing irresponsible in terms of both minimising the risk of COVID to not just young people but also the possibility that they could pass it on to someone vulnerable and further increasing vaccine hesitancy.

Palasczuik needs a pretty big distraction at the moment in order to hide her health departments gross incompetence and negligence by allowing a 19 yr old unvaccinated receptionist to work right outside a hospital covid ward. A disgusting and vile political oppurtunist and scumbag if ever there was one. All the premiers are the same, outbreak occurs within their jurisdiction??? gotta deflect attention away somehow so just blame Morrison, blame the rollout etc....
Feds can **** off as well. Why don't they spell out a plan for the country to get out of this perpetual cycle of lockdowns, restrictions and petty political bitch fights. People lives, livelihoods and mental health are at stake and they giveva shit about is cheap political points scoring. Shame on all of them.

What a monumental screw up it all is, so predictably.

Remember when folks were pretending Victoria was uniquely bad?

Squeaking that I was a PAID DAN ANDREWS OPERATIVE for pointing out this is a global pandemic that's killed millions and overwhelmed the best defences thrown at it in any democracy, saying we could only compare with other Australian states?

Anyone want to play that game again lol.

Squeaking that I was a PAID DAN ANDREWS OPERATIVE for pointing out this is a global pandemic that's killed millions and overwhelmed the best defences thrown at it in any democracy, saying we could only compare with other Australian states?

The rent-a-cops that were screwing the quarantined was uniquely bad.

You aren't a paid for operative, money can't buy that kind of one-eyed loyalty. :p

I was critical of Dan way back because I disagreed with the policy and we had no real plan of how to handle this outbreak other than to shut the city/state down. It was dumb to get cheap rent-a-cops to handle the hotel quarantine, but I can't really blame Dan for one of them boofing a quarantined person, it is obviously not a party policy, the fornication is just for Canberra.

It doesn't matter if a state or the country flips from Labor to Liberal or vice versa, the public service sector is largely the same group of people, the policies will differ but it is the same group of people executing those policies. I think criticising the political parties for poor execution is pretty dumb.

Criticising the policies is a different ballgame though.

The rent-a-cops that were screwing the quarantined was uniquely bad.

You aren't a paid for operative, money can't buy that kind of one-eyed loyalty. :p

LOL.

I'm sure there was another 560,000 words to this post but I didn't bother reading them.

Uniquely bad my hole. That "screwing" stuff simply didn't happen, it was a lie made up by the Herald Sun and believed by only the most gullible of cretins.

Aren't security guards employed at hotel quarantine pretty much in every state?
The selection of security guards is not so bad in of itself. It was the lack of anywhere near proper recruitment practices, training and oversight that was the problem here in Victoria. A hastily patched together response to a global pandemic with poor oversight from the top. Whilst all hotel quarantine set ups will fail eventually we basically brought the failure point forward by failing to take adequate measures in its instigation.

We seem to have learned a great deal from the first year on how to manage HQ and contact tracing but no quarantine system will be close to perfect until we get dedicated sites.

Aren't security guards employed at hotel quarantine pretty much in every state?

No, we have to pretend it is still July 2020 and the only source of information allowed is the Herald Sun.

The selection of security guards is not so bad in of itself. It was the lack of anywhere near proper recruitment practices, training and oversight that was the problem here in Victoria. A hastily patched together response to a global pandemic with poor oversight from the top. Whilst all hotel quarantine set ups will fail eventually we basically brought the failure point forward by failing to take adequate measures in its instigation.

We seem to have learned a great deal from the first year on how to manage HQ and contact tracing but no quarantine system will be close to perfect until we get dedicated sites.

Ah bullshit.

Look at what just happened in Sydney.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is testament to the power of modern mass media that otherwise very intelligent people still can't shake the idea that what happened in Victoria was somehow "bad" or "someone's fault" or the result of "something" and not just part and parcel of what happens in a global pandemic like this.

Palasczuik needs a pretty big distraction at the moment in order to hide her health departments gross incompetence and negligence by allowing a 19 yr old unvaccinated receptionist to work right outside a hospital covid ward. A disgusting and vile political oppurtunist and scumbag if ever there was one. All the premiers are the same, outbreak occurs within their jurisdiction??? gotta deflect attention away somehow so just blame Morrison, blame the rollout etc....
Feds can fu** off as well. Why don't they spell out a plan for the country to get out of this perpetual cycle of lockdowns, restrictions and petty political b*tch fights. People lives, livelihoods and mental health are at stake and they giveva sh*t about is cheap political points scoring. Shame on all of them.
A unvaccinated cleaner in a quarantine hotel.
A unvaccinated receptionist near a covid ward .
And it won't be too long before there is another outbreak as i 100% know that there are unvaccinated public servants being dragged out to the airport to screen travellers going into quarantine. 100% fact.
Palasczuyk talks a big game, but she and her band of misfits keep making the the same mistakes to the detriment to all Queenslanders.

A unvaccinated cleaner in a quarantine hotel.
A unvaccinated receptionist near a covid ward .
And it won't be too long before there is another outbreak as i 100% know that there are unvaccinated public servants being dragged out to the airport to screen travellers going into quarantine. 100% fact.
Palasczuyk talks a big game, but she and her band of misfits keep making the the same mistakes to the detriment to all Queenslanders.
I like how Townsville was locked down yesterday with about 8 hrs notice. The holidayers were cued up on the road to Cairns to get outa there. I know it is hard to stop people moving about, but they actually encouraged the stampede to spread the virus to the next town.

It is testament to the power of modern mass media that otherwise very intelligent people still can't shake the idea that what happened in Victoria was somehow "bad" or "someone's fault" or the result of "something" and not just part and parcel of what happens in a global pandemic like this.
If this is directed at me you have clearly misconstrued what i am saying.

Channel Nien Today Show was telling us Vics that we were staring down an outbreak on a Sunday night promo ad…playing the State v State game

Last edited:

What the ****?

What the actual ****?

#scottyfrommarkerting has literally just blown up the facade that was his national cabinet.
Hanging the premiers out to dry, all the while saying everything is going according to plan is never a good strategy.

What the fu**?

What the actual fu**?

#scottyfrommarkerting has literally just blown up the facade that was his national cabinet.
Hanging the premiers out to dry, all the while saying everything is going according to plan is never a good strategy.
And now the Labor premiers have reacted to his surprise announcement in a way that further undermines confidence in AZ. Why have a national cabinet at all if they aren’t going to thrash this shit out behind closed doors and then present a sensible united front?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back