News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just had a quick look on Twitter and a lot of anti vaxx accounts have tried to tie this to their movement. It has nothing to do with that. It’s because of all the fighting done years ago by the unions to get decent working conditions, like the 8 hour days and 5 day weeks and having somewhere to sit and eat lunch and have a safe workplace.

Otherwise we’d still be going to the toilet in buckets and deaths would still be seen as just par for the course.

Well maybe if they did they wouldn't have 15,000 deaths compared to our 1200 in a country that's less than half as populous as ours.

The real inconvenient truth that people like Cretin, sorry, Creighton want to ignore is that lockdowns in Australia have saved thousands of lives while also doing less damage to our economy as countries, like Sweden, with a much higher death rate.
Or have we just delayed?
The current plan to opening up suggests there will be deaths.

On Pixel 4 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well maybe if they did they wouldn't have 15,000 deaths compared to our 1200 in a country that's less than half as populous as ours.

The real inconvenient truth that people like Cretin, sorry, Creighton want to ignore is that lockdowns in Australia have saved thousands of lives while also doing less damage to our economy as countries, like Sweden, with a much higher death rate.
If we had the same deaths per capita as Sweden the death toll here would be around 37,000+ (1446 deaths per million in Sweden compared to 44 per million in Australia).

Just had a quick look on Twitter and a lot of anti vaxx accounts have tried to tie this to their movement. It has nothing to do with that. It’s because of all the fighting done years ago by the unions to get decent working conditions, like the 8 hour days and 5 day weeks and having somewhere to sit and eat lunch and have a safe workplace.

Otherwise we’d still be going to the toilet in buckets and deaths would still be seen as just par for the course.
Yes it is very safe eating on the road. :stern look

No, because there's a thing called the vaccine. You might have heard of it, it's been in the news a bit.
Never heard of it hmm even on the news must not be a real thing 😡 spreading FAKE NEWS! Let me go back to watching Fox News and loving Donald trump with his massive mummy milkers.

Can l shop with Mrs.H.yet ?
Nope - my wife is locked down too. Hates it. She can't drive so its me who shops. 5hits me when I go to supermarket and there are so many other couples. No - only one can go!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really wow.
FMD thanks for the heads up, you really thought about this

So we open up at 80% double Vax.

You think there will be no deaths?

The amount of deaths will depend on hospital / ICU capacity. Hopefully they are spending up big now to increase these, or maybe buying a submarine would be a good distraction?

Nope - my wife is locked down too. Hates it. She can't drive so its me who shops. 5hits me when I go to supermarket and there are so many other couples. No - only one can go!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who grocery shops as a couple? The only time we argue is in the Supermarket

Mate, can you really not tell the difference between opening up at 70-80% double vaxxed and Sweden's approach?
It's not a Sweden v Melbourne comparison.
Because if you did, you'd need to take into consideration the economic equation for a fair and more equal comparison of the living that are suffering.
They are two extremes, Melbourne the most restricted city on the planet and Sweden the most free, from what I can gather.

The Sweden comparison was global. And they fair quite well on that comparison in terms of death rate.

Anyway I'm sticking away from this thread.
Because after speaking to mate today from Melbourne he's not doing to well mentally in lockdown and I'd imagine many others aren't either.

I don't think there's any point to me discussing anything covid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back