News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread IV

Remove this Banner Ad

couple of our guys who were anti vax that got a stay of execution based on thier commitment to get the nova reneged one had a show cause, and the other tendered a resignation letter, pretty sad really.

It’s hit my daughter way harder then my wife. She’s just taken herself back to bed. She’s got that sick look, you know when you can tell your kid is sick just by their face. Hopefully she starts getting better soon.

The worst part is the fear she has because of all covid saturation over the last few years.

I hear ye as we faced a similar situation. The good news is she was on the improve once the temp began to subside three or so days in. Fingers and testicles crossed that your lot follow a similar trajectory.

Interesting report in Hun today says:

Nearly 80 per cent of AFL men’s players have already contracted Covid this year as the league expresses confidence Omicron will not make a dent in the coming season.

That seems to be a very high percentage. Does anyone know what the general community rate is?

Interesting report in Hun today says:

Nearly 80 per cent of AFL men’s players have already contracted Covid this year as the league expresses confidence Omicron will not make a dent in the coming season.

That seems to be a very high percentage. Does anyone know what the general community rate is?
according to worldometer, we've had about 132,000 cases per million people in australia.

80% is crazy

according to worldometer, we've had about 132,000 cases per million people in australia.

80% is crazy
Cases aren't the number of infections. They are the number of cases that are tested and verified.

When the Omicron wave went crazy testing capacity collapsed. So who knows how many people actually had covid but were never confirmed as cases?

Great to see you back

The Shining GIF

Cheers, bs. Appreciate it.

Back to roaming the corridors of Bigfooty at weird hours of the morning.

giphy-3.gif

Where you been?

Living a busy life atm, Gaso. I'm one of those few people for whom the pandemic and lockdown actually increased my workload/business.

And just because I wasn't busy enough already, I've also incorporated a bit of a recent sea change into my life and gone back to school.

backtoschool-01.jpg

Inspired by Sopwiths' work, I'm studying to be a Vet Tech.

Decided to do something that makes a positive contribution to the world.

Things have been heaps better here these past 6-8 months

I'm at a total loss as to why that could be.

Come back!

But I am back. Hence this reply.

P.S. Cheers, Gaso. You're a good egg. Free range all the way.

Living a busy life atm, Gaso. I'm one of those few people for whom the pandemic and lockdown actually increased my workload/business.

And just because I wasn't busy enough already, I've also incorporated a bit of a recent sea change into my life and gone back to school.

backtoschool-01.jpg

Inspired by Sopwiths' work, I'm studying to be a Vet Tech.

Decided to do something that makes a positive contribution to the world.

I'm at a total loss as to why that could be.

But I am back. Hence this reply.

P.S. Cheers, Gaso. You're a good egg. Free range all the way.
welcome back too TOD.

always enjoyed your posts and the place is better with you back !

ps One day you may even get the pleasure of meeting my 4 legged best friend with your new vocation to be !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well it got me. Tested positive today. Just as I knew it would go I caught it on day 6 of iso, so another 7 days coming up.

Don’t feel anything yet except a slight sore throat. Good news is mrs Keating wanted to go to Moomba this weekend so at least I don’t have to do that and I should be right for the footy 👌

Well it got me. Tested positive today. Just as I knew it would go I caught it on day 6 of iso, so another 7 days coming up.

Don’t feel anything yet except a slight sore throat. Good news is mrs Keating wanted to go to Moomba this weekend so at least I don’t have to do that and I should be right for the footy 👌
Here's to a speedy recovery

welcome back too TOD.

always enjoyed your posts and the place is better with you back !

ps One day you may even get the pleasure of meeting my 4 legged best friend with your new vocation to be !

Thank you, KR.

You're a good egg, too.

9B3B338400CC067A36803E7F63D4368F-kiwi-ei.jpg

Good to have you back TOD. I've been thinking about that exact vocational change myself. Kudos for doing it.

Cheers, yotr.

Only one life to live and all that.

I have zero qualifications or pre-accreditation in the field so I'm starting right from the bottom, but I'm enjoying it and finding it really interesting so far.

Take the leap, my man. Can recommend. (Of course your bank balance may well take an opposing view on all of this.)

last day of isolation today, day 6 results came back negative so I'm free to go.
Crazy to think that the covid infected person can also leave on day 8 if they choose to regardless of having symptoms or not.
Guess the onus is on you to actually stay home if you're sick at that point.

Sorry to hear that mate

All good. We’re all getting it sooner or later. My only concern is that my daughters have only had one jab. My 10 year old is already on the mend so no worries there. My 9 year old who just tested positive today has a high temperature and a headache, both handled with Panadol.

If she follows the same trajectory as my eldest she’ll be ok in 3 or 4 days.

Last edited:
All good. We’re all getting it sooner or later. My only concern is that my daughters have only had one jab. My 10 year old is already on the mend so no worries there. My 9 year old who tested just positive today has a high temperature and a headache, both handled with Panadol.

If she follows the same trajectory as my eldest she’ll be ok in 3 or 4 days.
Quick recovery mate - nice to see you keep the family close together. Wife and I have been lucky so far but it's only a matter of time.

Quick recovery mate - nice to see you keep the family close together. Wife and I have been lucky so far but it's only a matter of time.

Hopefully by the time you do get it there’s better treatment available. I don’t want to go the early crow because I only tested positive yesterday but so far I’ve had worse colds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back