Coronavirus/COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

These are some of your quotes from just the first page of this thread. I'd suggest you just stop posting about this subject right now. You and Donald trump are part of the problem and for exactly the same reasons. Nobody should follow your advice.

I can take the blind idioacy.

It's the OMG,Hahahahahahaha.lol crap that is spewed out disrespecting anyone with a different view.

Toxic thread pollution.

I note the response to you, of that was like three weeks ago, how could I know. No acknowledgment of being ignorant and making a complete fool of himself arguing and mocking far more knowledgeable folks who tried to set him straight at the time.

Unlike climate change and other issues, this virus moves damn quick and has caught more than a few deniers out.

Stay well Mutt.

I think Trump wanted to be the President, because of the power and to carry out his simplistic solutions to complex problems. What Trump still doesn’t get is that the Presidency comes with great responsibility.

He was advised back in January about this pandemic, but chose to ignore it, not based on any scientific theory or statistics, just his own opinion. Millions of people will potentially die because he is a narcissist that thinks he know better than ‘scientists’, he is not doing his best, he is doing his worse.
I can't speak to his motivation to become president, but Trump acted earlier than most. He restricted travel to/from China and got called racist and got slammed by nearly everyone. As I said, there is no perfect solution to this, but I honestly believe he is trying to do the best he can with all this. I don't see him intentionally bringing death and sickness to America.
Edit: tweet screencap deleted, as its apparently fake.

Last edited:
I can take the blind idioacy.

It's the OMG,Hahahahahahaha.lol crap that is spewed out disrespecting anyone with a different view.

Toxic thread pollution.

I note the response to you, of that was like three weeks ago, how could I know. No acknowledgment of being ignorant and making a complete fool of himself arguing and mocking far more knowledgeable folks who tried to set him straight at the time.

Unlike climate change and other issues, this virus moves damn quick and has caught more than a few deniers out.

Stay well Mutt.

Well said mate. Toxic thread pollution indeed. Glad I'm not the only one sick and f....n tired of one belligerent loudmouth constantly spraying his often contradictory and sneering comments over everything and then being either aggressively defensive or mawkishly "matey" and sentimental. I suspect this is alienating many forum members.

I can't speak to his motivation to become president, but Trump acted earlier than most. He restricted travel to/from China and got called racist and got slammed by nearly everyone. As I said, there is no perfect solution to this, but I honestly believe he is trying to do the best he can with all this. I don't see him intentionally bringing death and sickness to America.
This is a tweet from the Democratic senate leader regarding Trump's decision to close the borders to China.. View attachment 849099

That tweet is fake. Schumer never said that. And fwiw I don’t think he’s intentionally doing anything. There’s no plan there, just bullshitting his way song from one debacle to the next. USA is going to pay for his extreme incompetence here and pay badly.

That tweet is fake. Schumer never said that. And fwiw I don’t think he’s intentionally doing anything. There’s no plan there, just bullshitting his way song from one debacle to the next. USA is going to pay for his extreme incompetence here and pay badly.

Okay, my bad. Nonetheless, he did get a lot of criticism for closing travel to/from China. So many people said after h got elected that he'd crash the economy, he'd take us to a world war with NK, he's in bed with Putin etc.. I think he's done okay and given his approval rating, so do many others. I've never seen the media so much against a president before, but I guess the true test of his presidency will be in Nov and whether he gets re-elected. I personally believe he'll wipe the floor with Biden, assuming Dems are dumb enough to put him up as their candidate.

Okay, my bad. Nonetheless, he did get a lot of criticism for closing travel to/from China. So many people said after h got elected that he'd crash the economy, he'd take us to a world war with NK, he's in bed with Putin etc.. I think he's done okay and given his approval rating, so do many others. I've never seen the media so much against a president before, but I guess the true test of his presidency will be in Nov and whether he gets re-elected. I personally believe he'll wipe the floor with Biden, assuming Dems are dumb enough to put him up as their candidate.

I guess the difference in America is that Murdoch doesn’t own all of the media like he nearly does in Australia. (It’s concerning the way he is buying up local papers in regional areas.) The press actually does its job as the fourth estate and critiques the President. Here apart from the ABC who are constantly threatened with funding cuts, everyone ignores it. This government can get away with anything with the backing of Murdoch papers.

I can remember when a minister stood down over accepting a bottle of wine he didn’t declare. Seems a pittance when you look at Sports Rorts, Illlegal land clearance by a minister, the Murray Darling fiesco, Robodebt which is now illegal, notifying the ‘friendly’ press on union raids and raids on the ABC etc etc.

I work for a not-for-profit, that put in for a government grant, how we found out we were successful was it was published in the Herald Sun, before we had even been notified!

(Apologies for derailing the thread)

Last edited:
Edit: tweet screencap deleted, as its apparently fake.
Have you seen any of his daily press briefings ?

It is just a load of narcissistic bs where he contradicts the medical advice and what he said a matter of days ago and just calls any question which is slightly difficult for him “fake news”.

He told a reporter the other day that “You wouldn’t have a country if it wasn’t for me”

Just the sort of person you want in charge in a crisis.

Yeah, great idea let’s have the church’s packed on Easter Sunday.

He said the virus was a non issue about a month ago that would disappear.

The fact that he is any sort of chance to win in November is an indictment on the Democratic Party and the US as a whole.

I honestly believe he is trying to do the best he can with all this. I don't see him intentionally bringing death and sickness to America.
Not a single poster has suggested Donald Trump wants death and sickness - stop repeating it.

Well said mate. Toxic thread pollution indeed. Glad I'm not the only one sick and f....n tired of one belligerent loudmouth constantly spraying his often contradictory and sneering comments over everything and then being either aggressively defensive or mawkishly "matey" and sentimental. I suspect this is alienating many forum members.
The ignore function has been my friend for years now 🙂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The US government's top infectious disease expert has made a stark prediction about coronavirus-related deaths.

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CNN on Sunday morning local time that the virus is likely to claim hundreds of thousands of lives and infect “millions” in the US alone.
Confirmed coronavirus deaths in the US doubled in two days, surpassing 2,000 Saturday evening, according to states’ health data. More than 100,000 people have contracted the disease throughout the country and 664,000 cases of COVID-19 have now been confirmed across the world, with 177 countries affected.

I guess the difference in America is that Murdoch doesn’t own all of the media like he nearly does in Australia. (It’s concerning the way he is buying up local papers in regional areas.) The press actually does its job as the fourth estate and critiques the President. Here apart from the ABC who are constantly threatened with funding cuts, everyone ignores it. This government can get away with anything with the backing of Murdoch papers.

I can remember when a minister stood down over accepting a bottle of wine he didn’t declare. Seems a pittance when you look at Sports Rorts, Illlegal land clearance by a minister, the Murray Darling fiesco, Robodebt which is now illegal, notifying the ‘friendly’ press on union raids and raids on the ABC etc etc. I work for a not-for-profit, that put in for a government grant, how we found out we were successful was it was published in the Herald Sun, before we had even been notified!

(Apologies for derailing the thread)
Sure, the media does critique the president, but when 92% of coverage is in a negative light, some would say they have a bias against POTUS. If they could put aside their disdain for him and compliment him when it is warranted, many people would think of the media differently. Trump is by no means an angel, but he is neither the devil. He has actually done plenty of good things, but instead the media decide to focus on the negatives.

Sure, the media does critique the president, but when 92% of coverage is in a negative light, some would say they have a bias against POTUS. If they could put aside their disdain for him and compliment him when it is warranted, many people would think of the media differently. Trump is by no means an angel, but he is neither the devil. He has actually done plenty of good things, but instead the media decide to focus on the negatives.

Warning thread derail. The anti Trump bias is really only a counter balance to Trump's own commentary where 101% of it has Trump as perfect. It's only a matter of time when Trump tweets about his perfect, tremendous bowel movements, 'Folks I gotta say today I had a s**t that was so, so tremendous. It smelt like butter scotch and then crushed rose petals and I have to say, no one, NO-ONE has ever done a more perfect s**t. Ev-ver.'

Last edited:
Please outline the good things other than the low interest rate inspired economy which was not sustainable.

MD , Trump has gone to a whole new level.
He lies for fun.

I have stopped watching and listening to the news mate. Constantly leaning to worst case scenarios and scare mongering imo.

Trumps biggest issue for me is he tries to put a positive spin on every single thing he does and often gets lost mid speech and then starts his own rambling off the cuff dribble which never ends well.

But in his defence he has the vast majority of media against him from day one simply because they don’t like him. People can say what they want but he had the US economy in a very nice spot before this hit us all.

The treatment of Trump shows that in today’s world if you are not popular and row the accepted social line it doesn’t matter what you do, the left will relentlessly try to pull you down and ruin you.

Take it to the Trump thread. It’s boring. It’s all been done to death.

USA is gonna pay a massive covid cost unless it’s many different jurisdictions can align and act in a cohesive fashion and I can’t see that happening until it’s too late sadly.

Please outline the good things other than the low interest rate inspired economy which was not sustainable.

Regardless what people think i don’t back any politician but to suggest Trump hasn’t been good for the US economy and lower wage earners in that country is simply incorrect.

*Due to President Trump’s pro-growth policies, real gross domestic product (GDP) growth exceeded 3 percent over the last four quarters.
*Real GDP grew at annual rates of 3.4 percent in the third quarter of 2018 and 4.2 percent in the second quarter.
*More than 5 million jobs have been created since President Trump’s election and the unemployment rate remains below 4 percent.
*This is the eighth time this year that the unemployment rate has been below 4 percent.
*Prior to this year, the unemployment rate had fallen below 4 percent only five times since 1970.
*The unemployment rate for African Americans in May fell to 5.9 percent, which is the lowest rate on record.
Asian and Hispanic-American unemployment rates have reached record lows this year.
*Initial weekly jobless claims have hit a nearly 50-year low under President Trump.
*Under President Trump, job openings outnumber the unemployed for the first time on record.
*Recently, more than two-thirds of Americans rated “now” as a good time to find a quality job, tying a record high in a poll by Gallup.
*Americans are seeing more money in their pockets thanks to the booming economy.
*In recent months, workers have seen their largest nominal year over year wage growth in nearly a decade.
In 2017, real median household income rose to a post-recession high.
President Trump’s policies are helping to lift Americans out of poverty.
*African-American and Hispanic-American poverty rates reached record lows of 21.2 percent and 18.3 percent, respectively, in 2017.
*Since the election, 4.6 million Americans have been lifted off of food stamps.
*Consumer confidence has soared under President Trump, recently reaching an 18-year high.
*President Trump is delivering on his promise to bring back American manufacturing.
The National Association of Manufacturers’ Outlook Index had the highest annual average in its history over the past year.
Manufacturing added 284,000 jobs in 2018, the most added in a year since 1997
*Small Business optimism jumped to a record high under President Trump, according to a survey by the National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB).
*The NFIB’s Small Business Optimism Index broke a 35-year record in August.
President Trump signed the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act into law, ushering in the largest package of tax cuts and reforms in American history.
*More than 6 million workers received tax cut bonuses and benefits.
*More than 100 utility companies have announced lower rates.
President Trump is ensuring American workers receive the training and education they need to compete in today’s economy.
*President Trump signed an executive order establishing the National Council for the American worker.
*More than 185 companies and associations have signed our “Pledge to America’s Workers,” promising more than 6.4 million new training and career opportunities.
*The President signed legislation that reauthorized the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act, making more than $1 billion available for career education programs.
*President Trump has prioritized the economic empowerment of women.
The women’s unemployment rate recently reached its lowest rate in 65 years.
*The Small Business Administration lent approximately $500 million more in capital to women-owned businesses in 2017 compared to 2016.
*The Administration helped launch the Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative, which could leverage more than $1 billion to support women entrepreneurs.

BUT he is massively ballsing this covid management up so no matter what he has done that will all be gone in a swipe and most likely him with it.

I'm a former patient at the RCH who also underwent ECMO back in 2003. I think there were less than 10 ECMO qualified doctors and nurses working in the ICU unit at the time. Just wanted to say i'm glad your daughter is alright now, and that she has a happy and healthy life. The staff at the RCH are a very underappreciated part of our society. From the outside looking in most are aware that it's a great hospital. But when on the inside you sadly get to see the magic that they work.

Sorry to pull you up Igloo, I appreciate your post, and glad you were well looked after. But my better half is one of those ECMO trained nurses, and before we moved to western Vic, worked in RCH ICU for several decades. Your point is generally correct in that there weren’t many ECMO trained staff in those days, but there were at least 2-3 nurses on every shift, and from a total ICU pool, nurses alone numbered more than 20 (my wife was in one of the early grips trained in it, but there were several groups coming through). On top of that were doctors and perfusionists, but the nurses were (and still are) the frontline staff when it comes to managing ECMO patients. ICU is the best and worst of the RCH - brilliant staff, and lots of healthy kids emerging from it - but not all patients are stories with happy endings. I can tell you the staff remember the good outcomes, but they grieve for years over some of the kids that don’t make it. Sorry, got sidetracked and a little heavy there, think I wrote more than I intended to.
All the best to everyone, and your families. Look after your elderly, and your vulnerable. Stay safe everyone... I luv youz all.

Pre Corona his approval rating was 36 %
he lost popular vote by some margin.
what would be somewhat bizarre , it’s possible this crisis may save his presidency.
Historically Americans rally around the flag in a crisis.

I have stopped watching and listening to the news mate. Constantly leaning to worst case scenarios and scare mongering imo.

Trumps biggest issue for me is he tries to put a positive spin on every single thing he does and often gets lost mid speech and then starts his own rambling off the cuff dribble which never ends well.

But in his defence he has the vast majority of media against him from day one simply because they don’t like him. People can say what they want but he had the US economy in a very nice spot before this hit us all.

The treatment of Trump shows that in today’s world if you are not popular and row the accepted social line it doesn’t matter what you do, the left will relentlessly try to pull you down and ruin you.

A strong economy has interest rates above 2%. The share market doesn’t equal the economy. IF you print more money, then it becomes of less value and asset prices like share markets go up.

Non-Murdoch Media hate liars. Non-Murdoch Media hate Trump. Murdoch won’t allow his media to criticise anything his mates do wrong.

A strong economy has interest rates above 2%. The share market doesn’t equal the economy. IF you print more money, then it becomes of less value and asset prices like share markets go up.

Non-Murdoch Media hate liars. Non-Murdoch Media hate Trump. Murdoch won’t allow his media to criticise anything his mates do wrong.

Economy was a bad word choice I should have said work force so you are correct in that sense.

Again you suggest that the left tells the truth while the right lies when they both lie out their bums to push their agendas

But in the end Trump being a twat is irrelevant to this virus and how it’s dealt with

The bull market was in before he took office. The rate of growth actually slowed under Trump.

Regardless, the next few months are looking bleak for a few countries. Iran, Pakistan and India are in real trouble and the US look set to find out why universal healthcare is actually good. The US currently spend over twice per capita what we do on healthcare, for a far worse outcome.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back