Science/Environment Coronavirus - Should masks be mandatory?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mask wearing has been made compulsory for millions of residents in the Greater Brisbane region including walking or driving on your own. Justified by fake news and government wanting to apply rules that are "simple" but enforced by a $200 fine. It's ****ed.

Do I really need to wear a mask in the car?​
Yes — even if you are alone while driving.​
Health Minister Yvette D'Ath said the mask rule also applied to people in cars because health officials wanted to make mask use "as simple as possible for everybody. When you leave your household, put it on and keep it on until you get back home … including in the car," she said.​
Dr Short agreed. "I think because of the short timeframe that this has all happened in, we want clear, concise instructions for everyone to follow," she said.​

Fines of $200 apply to those caught not wearing a mask for no legitimate reason.​

Mask wearing has been made compulsory for millions of residents in the Greater Brisbane region including walking or driving on your own. Justified by fake news and government wanting to apply rules that are "simple" but enforced by a $200 fine. It's f’ed.

Do I really need to wear a mask in the car?​
Yes — even if you are alone while driving.​
Health Minister Yvette D'Ath said the mask rule also applied to people in cars because health officials wanted to make mask use "as simple as possible for everybody. When you leave your household, put it on and keep it on until you get back home … including in the car," she said.​
Dr Short agreed. "I think because of the short timeframe that this has all happened in, we want clear, concise instructions for everyone to follow," she said.​

Fines of $200 apply to those caught not wearing a mask for no legitimate reason.​

Agreed it should be simplified, but you do need to be credible, or you will lose the goodwill of populations, which might be needed for longer than first thought

Agreed it should be simplified, but you do need to be credible, or you will lose the goodwill of populations, which might be needed for longer than first thought

Not having to wear a mask when driving on your own is about the simplest rule there can be. Such a bullshit restriction undermines faith in public officials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back