News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This propaganda machine full of latte soy sipping left wing nuff nuffs should be sold off to the private sector. We don’t need to be wasting billions on a national propaganda machine, which is sounding more, and more like a Chinese run misinformation network.

100% correct.

It exists to placate arts degree bureaucratic w***ers who make up about 5% of the country. Privatise it now and let them pay for their bullshit. We'll see how long it can support itself.

ABC news should be disgusted in itself.

Two weeks ago they were trying their best to spread fear claiming that by last week we would have 10-15k and this week would hit 40k. Blaming Scomo for the disaster that was unfolding.

Even the four corners program earlier this week that was obviously pre recorded was suggesting the figures were already at 10-15 k.

This propaganda machine full of latte soy sipping left wing nuff nuffs should be sold off to the private sector. We don’t need to be wasting billions on a national propaganda machine, which is sounding more, and more like a Chinese run misinformation network.

On a positive note Australians are doing a great job following social distancing guidelines.

Our leaders are finally earning their keep and keeping the population safe.

Stay safe and Go Roos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I don’t think privatising is the right answer, turn it into a jobs program for artists. Get back to making Australian content.

I thought 4 Corners painted a great picture of the missed opportunities that’s so far occurred; and there will likely be more that old hindsight will provide

When 9/11 happened people were shocked. 20 years later people are shocked that it was allowed to happen.

It’s the last remaining outfit of good journalism. The smart libs will never privatise because they’ll be in opposition and will need the ABC to hold a labor govt to account.

I think we need to overhaul our National Medical Stockpile, put into legislation that we have national manufacturers of medical equipment and medicine that go into the stockpile for pandemics and from the stockpile we sell that produced in excess to other nations, or donated to third world nations as foreign aid.

If this pandemic was far more lethal like MERS, it would come down to more than bidding wars.

I think we need to overhaul our National Medical Stockpile, put into legislation that we have national manufacturers of medical equipment and medicine that go into the stockpile for pandemics and from the stockpile we sell that produced in excess to other nations, or donated to third world nations as foreign aid.

If this pandemic was far more lethal like MERS, it would come down to more than bidding wars.

There needs to be a military approach to epidemics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think privatising is the right answer, turn it into a jobs program for artists. Get back to making Australian content.
So taxpayers should fork out even more money for self-important luvvies to produce more content that is watched by fewer people?

Unfortunately, this thread has started to meander down the Random Chat pathway. I suppose it’s not surprising but it is a pity.

I do miss the pointless regurgitation of numbers related to foreign countries that have no real bearing upon our reality.

Oh yeah, and Trump.

While this goes on, it makes what Twiggy did all the more impressive. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...secure-160MILLION-worth-medical-supplies.html

So taxpayers should fork out even more money for self-important luvvies to produce more content that is watched by fewer people?

Our commercial media does not do news and analysis. Though imperfect, there’s no better source of news and analysis than the ABC.

Sunrise or 60 minutes isn’t spending years investigating nursing home mismanagement. Or providing functional info from bushfire zones.

They’d rather pay Tom cruise for a sit down. Or provide tabloid versions of stories the ABC has already done the hard yards on.

Rickety posted this a few pages back l think. What a goose. ( Tom, not Rickety 👍 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back