News Coronavirus Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure what that story has to do with TCM. TCM is a combination of Chinese herbs and acupuncture. There are no black market animal products involved. Never have been. Herbs means plants, in case some people on here haven't picked up on that. The Traditional Chinese Medicine I have been referring to, the one used by the doctors in Wuhan, and practiced for thousands of years, has nothing to do with black market animal products. Not sure how many times I need to keep explaining this.
Why so serious?

well at least we know what worked to get the world out of depression.From my admittedly hazy school days it was Keynesian economics which worked. Which is why Govts around the world are announcing huge stimulus packages. Now the downside of that is it could be inflationary...well luckily there is bugger all of that around.
So i don't think we'll get to 24 %..double digits ? maybe.
Wasn't so long ago that the GFC was real and scary and all sorts of things were going to happen..in the end NZ's unemployment rate moved from about 4.5 % to 6 %, Aussie's would have been similar, and it corrected back to normal very soon after that and soon we were actually importing labour.

Both nations have resources and materials the world needs..so I think we'll survive better than most.

Erm, yes Keynesian economics in the form of WWII, government intervenes to create demand …….for tanks, aircrafts, ships, rebuilding structures etc.

Erm, yes Keynesian economics in the form of WWII, government intervenes to create demand …….for tanks, aircrafts, ships, rebuilding structures etc.
Well, at least we know that what Hoover did was a disaster, causing the recession to spread around the world and ultimately creating the circumstances which allowed the Nazis to rise to power in Germany.

So getting ahead of myself, but if we stay the course this should mean footy can potentially restart in July/August?

Obviously no crowds and players and staff temp tested on arrival to training and games?

Depends on the Richmond, Carlton, Collingwood and * injury lists at the time.

lol ok I guess i was closer than I thought.

Goat's Rue is another which was a medieval herbal tea for addressing what were then the symptoms described for diabetes. The lead active compound was isolated and identified as guanadine (a), later converted to the biguanide (b) via the famous Strecker synthesis, then manipulated over time for efficacy & toxicity until they whacked a couple of methyl groups on one of the terminal amines to give the world the modern day wonder drug "Metformin"(c), which I believe is still one of the top 10 selling drugs in the world today.

(a) 1586149072373.png (b) 1586149100918.png (c) 1586149131939.png

Anyway, the wash up of all of this is that no one bothers with "Goat's Rue" tea anymore, nor should they waste their time bothering with "Ma Huang", or ****ing "Tiger Penis" & "Rhinoceros Horn".

Science is cool, superstition is not.

I’m far from a Trumpist, but I find it interesting he’s the only one that cops grief.

The Turkish leader was a week or two ago saying he didn’t believe in the virus and had no concerns. The now have 27,000 infected and 570 deaths...

tumbleweeds.gif
Yeah but with a haircut like that, Trump gets everything he deserves

Copying my previous replies to your same vitriol? I'll keep doing it until you actually read the information in it.

ICGAF about some garbage on the internet. Bullshit is bullshit and Chinese medicine is bullshit regardless of how you package this.

You should scamper off before I take this discussion up 3 levels. Keep tossing underarms up all day if you like and I will keep smashing them out of the park. You are completely ignorant of drug pharmacology and potentially dangerous if you are actually prescribing this crap to sick people.

Keep saying it every day

The greater populace are not yet sneezing and coughing all over each other and despite sneezing in your elbow the greater populace have very poor hygiene standards.

Take one simple example...when I go to the footy in winter I always come away horrified at the amount of spitters I see, those that don’t wash their hands at toilets and then probably go pump communal sauce into their pies and touch everything else; cough and splutter in the crowd and so on.

Perhaps the Govt will fine spitters which I think once was the case.

The first week of July is the coldest in Victoria and that’s when I expect to see the bad things happening when hygiene is at its worst. Let’s have a look then where we are at.

My hope is that the isolation measures already in place, combined with an uptick in the number of people getting the flu jab this year will help out overall.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ICGAF about some garbage on the internet. Bullshit is bullshit and Chinese medicine is bullshit regardless of how you package this.

You should scamper off before I take this discussion up 3 levels. Keep tossing underarms up all day if you like and I will keep smashing them out of the park. You are completely ignorant of drug pharmacology and potentially dangerous if you are actually prescribing this crap to sick people.

Get back to me when you've read the information. Until then, you're just an old man shaking his fist at the clouds.

I've seen the TV news stories. I've noticed lots of editing and emotional framing.

Call me old-fashioned but I have been suspicious of the news media ever since WMDs (and then I learned about Nayirah).

When I was a child, it was common for people to be skeptical of the TV. I'm 32.

Are you suggest that footage of mass death in Italy and New York is being faked?

Also, what happened with the Kuwaiti ambassador's daughter wasn't anything special you know.

That you think it was betrays your naivety.

Get back to me when you've read the information. Until then, you're just the old man shaking his fist at the clouds.

I'M BACK!

No ***ing diagnostics, no bloods, no WBC counts, no cytokine data, no nothing. Did they even pull out a ****ing thermometer and table some readings?

This is not science.

This is utter, utter, utter shite, and you embarrass yourself by even posting it. Your ignorance is astounding!

Just answer a straight question for once.
I've got people saying to me, 'answer the question, I know it will be a conspiracy theory, and if you don't answer the question, then I know you are here to spread conspiracy theories'.

Doesn't bode well for a mature conversation now, does it?

Here's all you need to know. Bill Gates recently took part in an interview with CBS. It is about 30 minutes long.

In it he explains that his foundation is advising the Trump administration on how to manage the lockdown (now and into the future).

He also explains that although schools may return to class, other public gatherings will not, until mass vaccination is in place.

In other words, forget about parties and sports and probably even the beach until we have all taken our vaccines.

Don't take my word for it, listen to it yourself. Listen to what Bill Gates is telling you.

Now bear in mind that it wouldn't matter if the blue team or the read team were in charge. Gates > president. He is telling you so.

Don't believe me? Here's more footage of Gates explaining how things work:

That is only a one-minute clip, well worth checking out.

Now the logical conclusions which follow from all of this are obvious.

But they go against what most people presently believe, so they will of course get mad.

And they'll direct that anger towards myself and anybody else who dares to point out the obvious.

So this is the part where people call me names, make flippant sarcastic remarks, and tell themselves they are so smart.

"Scientists who analyze mortality statistics from influenza and other respiratory illnesses say it is too early to estimate how many fatalities have gone unrecorded. For a disease with common symptoms such as covid-19, they said, deaths with positive results almost certainly represent only a fraction of the total caused by the disease."

I've got people saying to me, 'answer the question, I know it will be a conspiracy theory, and if you don't answer the question, then I know you are here to spread conspiracy theories'.

Here's all you need to know. Bill Gates recently took part in an interview with CBS. It is about 30 minutes long.

In it he explains that his foundation is advising the Trump administration on how to manage the lockdown (now and into the future).

He also explains that although schools may return to class, other public gatherings will not, until mass vaccination is in place.

In other words, forget about parties and sports and probably even the beach until we have all taken our vaccines.

Don't take my word for it, listen to it yourself. Listen to what Bill Gates is telling you.

Now bear in mind that it wouldn't matter if the blue team or the read team were in charge. Gates > president. He is telling you so.

Now the logical conclusions which follow from all of this are obvious. But they go against what most people presently believe, so they will of course get mad.

And they'll direct that anger towards myself and anybody else who dares to point out the obvious.

So this is the part where people call me names, make flippant sarcastic remarks, and tell themselves they are so smart.

So you are putting two and two together and getting eleven. And you went straight to conspiracy theory. Dismissing anti-vaxxers isn't conspiracy, it is what smart people do.

Last edited:

Now the logical conclusions which follow from all of this are obvious. But they go against what most people presently believe, so they will of course get mad.

Answer these ones directly in your own words:

1. What exactly do you think the agenda is?
2. Why would countries all over the world deliberately tank their economies?
3. What motivation does the media have to fabricate stories of hospitals being overrun and people dying?
4. What would you actually do differently in response to the Covid19 outbreak?
5. How many fatalities would be acceptable in Australia so that you theoretically could be spared the lockdown and social distancing measures?

Yes I mentioned this last week, except that there has been 10 million file for unemployment benefits in the last fortnight. Also concerning is that 700k jobs were lost in March prior to things really getting out of hand (typically that is +200k jobs) when 10 mio people filed for unemployment benefits. The last week of April there were 280k and the week before that 200k filing for unemployment benefits. Typically there are about 200k more jobs created each month. Unemployment rate now would be has high as about 14pct.....officially its at 4.8pct. Great depression unemployment rate was 24pct. This is going to be higher than that due to the service nature of advanced economies these days.

My comments about the US health system is that you wouldn't find any place that had significant concentration of people that lacked access to medicine/treatment. So the data could be impacted by access to even relatively cheap over the counter medicine regardless if you have health insurance or not. Both would be impacted, but there would be a more material variance in a western country where medicine is freely available.

It would take far more rigorous and controlled testing to get meaningful results in the west, it would take a lot longer to do. I can understand why a scientifically minded person would see the advantage from an analytical point of view, it is just not moral to use poor people in poor country as lab rats.

Answer these ones directly in your own words:

1. What exactly do you think the agenda is?
2. Why would countries all over the world deliberately tank their economies?
3. What motivation does the media have to fabricate stories of hospitals being overrun and people dying?
4. What would you actually do differently in response to the Covid19 outbreak?
5. How many fatalities would be acceptable in Australia so that you theoretically could be spared the lockdown and social distancing measures?

Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean somebody isn't out to get you. :stern look

Anyone who thinks this is a conspiracy please search online for the videos of the Italian and Spanish hospitals trying to deal with everyone dying, that is what happens when you have a "Hug an Asian" day and host sporting events in the middle of a pandemic. Places which have minimised the damage have locked down movement and restricted travel to the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back