Cotchin would accept 2012 Brownlow

Remove this Banner Ad

The win loss the Club was at before all the soft tissue injuries (another coincidence), would suggest the Players in the team week in week out were doing quite well.

i think they're just a team that isn't fit enough to run out a full season. you know in 2013 they were 13-3? and crashed to 14-8 as well...

even last year they showed some strong early season form

Yeah sure. Massive call. Hope it never happens so we can truly find out.
I believe he means figuratively not literally; put it this way. Many of us are not happy with Hardwick getting his extension now thinking it's too early. Imagine how we would be if Hardwick over saw a doping program and was given a million dollar holiday and a contract extension. Heck we would already be pissed if he made the Club buy him out of his business before he took the job like someone else did before it even got to that.

i think they're just a team that isn't fit enough to run out a full season. you know in 2013 they were 13-3? and crashed to 14-8 as well...

even last year they showed some strong early season form
I know they are the team that to date are the biggest collection of drug cheats in Australian Sporting History. That's not a personal view, that's what the record books show.

I believe he means figuratively not literally; put it this way. Many of us are not happy with Hardwick getting his extension now thinking it's too early. Imagine how we would be if Hardwick over saw a doping program and was given a million dollar holiday and a contract extension. Heck we would already be pissed if he made the Club buy him out of his business before he took the job like someone else did before it even got to that.
I'd like to know why we Essendon supporters are painted with the same brush?

Hypothetically if is awarded to Cotchin and Mitchell could they sue Watson and or Essendon for lost income?
I presume there is a fair bit of media and other commitments that the brownlow winner gets paid for. Even memorabilia.

From 2009 to 2013, Jobe polled 10, 16, 15, 30, 17 votes. By no means did his form come from nowhere and by no means did it fade away instantly. He was already building as an elite midfielder of the AFL for a few seasons before 2012. If those so-called PEDs worked so well for Jobe, why is it that most of the team was so far behind the rest of the pack?
One of those numbers is not like the others...

I'd like to know why we Essendon supporters are painted with the same brush?
Because when we use the term Essendon Supporters it is "Supporters" as a Collective. Not that guy that supports Essendon Max Bayer. It may not be true of you the individual, however it is of Essendon Supporters as a majority.

Right or wrong (it's wrong), when a group is uniformed they all get painted with the same brush. Ask a Police Office or even someone patched in to a Bikie Club about it.

I know they are the team that to date are the biggest collection of drug cheats in Australian Sporting History. That's not a personal view, that's what the record books show.

i'd call them the biggest 'attempted' drug cheats in history haha

Because when we use the term Essendon Supporters it is "Supporters" as a Collective. Not that guy that supports Essendon Max Bayer. It may not be true of you the individual, however it is of Essendon Supporters as a majority.

Right or wrong (it's wrong), when a group is uniformed they all get painted with the same brush. Ask a Police Office or even someone patched in to a Bikie Club about it.
Yep fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd call them the biggest 'attempted' drug cheats in history haha
34 12 month suspensions say otherwise.

To clarify I am not suggesting the Players intended to cheat one way or the other. Just that never before has Australian Sport had 34 Drug Code Violations from a single team (to my understanding).

Hypothetically if is awarded to Cotchin and Mitchell could they sue Watson and or Essendon for lost income?
I presume there is a fair bit of media and other commitments that the brownlow winner gets paid for. Even memorabilia.
From The Age, "Devastated Jobe Watson speaks of players' pain, foreshadows legal action:"

"One player agent said Watson alone could pursue a case for more than $5 million, such could be the healthy and safety costs against the Bombers and his loss of earnings, particularly if he was stripped of the Brownlow."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...foreshadows-legal-action-20160113-gm4zzo.html

If losing the Browlow is worth some significant chunk of $5 million to Jobe, clearly there's been a huge loss of income to Mitchell & Cotchin.

to clear it up, Mitchell is on record saying he wouldn't accept it.
So it would be Cotchin's alone.

Im surprised he would consider accepting it.
It's either Jobe's medal, or it's no ones in my book.
Im not comfortable awarding something to someone who didn't win it.
NRL didn't award Storm's titles to their opponents
Armstrong's TdF wins weren't allocated to the next in line.

it would surely be a hollow victory.
You've got it the wrong way round.
Mitchell said in a interview he would accept it, I'm certain of this.

For sure, I just think it's a pretty weak defense to say, "The injections weren't even very performance-enhancing, he only doubled his Brownlow votes."
i reckon he would have done pretty well the next year as well if they didn't sign goddard and heppell didn't become an A grade mid

So if an olympic gold medalist gets done for drugs, the silver medalist shouldn't accept the gold?

I actually know a guy who took silver in cycling for Australia in the 1972 Olympics- was beaten by a cheating East German who was on peds. The rest of his life he's felt cheated that he was denied the gold medal this way. He's very modest and doesn't say much, but when he does you can see the hurt.

The medal is not tainted; the cheat is: give the medal to its rightful owners and celebrate them as they should have been celebrated at the time; anything less is a gross injustice. The feelings of the cheat should not rank higher than the justice owed to the cheated.

Yup, and even the Premiership too! Every week except the bye, some poor team was playing a side on PEDs. The results are clearly skewed, let's just declare 2012 void...
But then we don't get the majesty of Neeld's Melbourne defeating a side on drugs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back