Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter Gala Day today, I was on hockey.
Fever last night and aches in my joints. Like a trooper I fronted up hoping not to be doing much.
Umpired five games in a row and now I’m stuffed.
My boys team did go undefeated though so we won through to districts.

We can help.

I dont think its achievable.

When I first went into foster care I ended up after a bit in a group home and I was the youngest kid in there at 13. My next door buddy was called Lachie and he was older than me. He took me under his wing and helped me survive those first months. He was the first guy I loved and how I knew I was bi.

We each had one thing left from our previous lives. I had a Collingwood top signed by Bucks my dad had given me, and he had a Carlton bandanna his dad had given him. We would hang s**t on each other about our clubs, he was a typical arrogant Carlton flog about how good they were going to be but I loved him so I just laughed and gave it back. We went awol from the home the next year and got into the MCG with some stolen money and had an awesome time watching Collingwood win in a shootout and persuaded some pissed Carlton supporters to give us beer.

I went to see him for his birthday on this day in 2013 and found him dead from an OD. He was a smack addict and I hadn't known what to do except find money for him and hope he would go into rehab but of course he didnt. I took his bandanna and still have it and wear it to all Collingwood Carlton games.

Part of me is glad to see them go well for him, but I feel cheated he isnt here to hang s**t on me and let his cocky arrogant Carlton loving face split into that grin. I miss that grin with all my heart. I can't go on Sunday because I'm too ****ed up after my operation but I will be watching on TV with my son wearing that bandanna and I warned him his old man may cry like a weak cnut but he is ok with that.

I dont think its achievable.

When I first went into foster care I ended up after a bit in a group home and I was the youngest kid in there at 13. My next door buddy was called Lachie and he was older than me. He took me under his wing and helped me survive those first months. He was the first guy I loved and how I knew I was bi.

We each had one thing left from our previous lives. I had a Collingwood top signed by Bucks my dad had given me, and he had a Carlton bandanna his dad had given him. We would hang s**t on each other about our clubs, he was a typical arrogant Carlton flog about how good they were going to be but I loved him so I just laughed and gave it back. We went awol from the home the next year and got into the MCG with some stolen money and had an awesome time watching Collingwood win in a shootout and persuaded some pissed Carlton supporters to give us beer.

I went to see him for his birthday on this day in 2013 and found him dead from an OD. He was a smack addict and I hadn't known what to do except find money for him and hope he would go into rehab but of course he didnt. I took his bandanna and still have it and wear it to all Collingwood Carlton games.

Part of me is glad to see them go well for him, but I feel cheated he isnt here to hang s**t on me and let his cocky arrogant Carlton loving face split into that grin. I miss that grin with all my heart. I can't go on Sunday because I'm too ducked up after my operation but I will be watching on TV with my son wearing that bandanna and I warned him his old man may cry like a weak cnut but he is ok with that.
The good thing about not hating another team is that it means you can have more hate to spare for Essendon and Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you havent tried before jmac its worthy... black and tan..... my version is 50% stout with 50% coopers green.

My grandma taught me the recipe as a kid, so it has to be good for you
Seconded - you can get really wild with the combinations.

My most recent fave black n tan combo is Hawkers Tropical Stout + Stomping Ground Pale Ale. *ing delish!

If you havent tried before jmac its worthy... black and tan..... my version is 50% stout with 50% coopers green.

My grandma taught me the recipe as a kid, so it has to be good for you

I was introduced to Black Velvets by my wife’s grandparents. Their preferred morning drink. So good.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seconded - you can get really wild with the combinations.

My most recent fave black n tan combo is Hawkers Tropical Stout + Stomping Ground Pale Ale. f*n delish!
This is a whole new world opening up before me.

Maybe this could be the way for the Libs to bring back the Teals and Greens? Protect the environment by eradicating pests whilst wearing smart clothes and being under the influence.

Libs would have more success going the Trump route and trying to appeal to badly dressed pissed blokes trying to shoot stuff from the back of utes. Dapper pissed hunters have disappointingly become a very niche market.

Maybe this could be the way for the Libs to bring back the Teals and Greens? Protect the environment by eradicating pests whilst wearing smart clothes and being under the influence.

It could work. I’d come along for the shits and giggles.
My brother in law is an Aboriginal man who owns several guns. He hunts feral animals regularly and has learnt how to butcher a deer.
Pretty cool.
Doubt he’d swing to the Libs though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back