Coach Craig McRae

Remove this Banner Ad

First of all well done to the Collingwood board and management for running a proper process. Not leaking any stories or any other BS during this period. Just a clear focus on what they were looking for and have come up at the end of this process with Craig McRae.

Love the McRae story, or his journey as he liked to put it. Seems a no nonsense type of fella and apparently excellent relationship builder and developer of your talent.

Wish you every success and hope you coach for the next 10 years with a Premiership or 3 along the way (I wish)

Lockdown helps with Stopping Leaks as less people know the Info

Knowing your strengths is one thing, tooting your own horn is another. We will just have to wait and see.
I just think you're conflating confidence with something undesirable personally. We shall see, but all I've heard about him is that he's humble and a great people person.

Wow, that didn’t take long …

… from GW saying a few hours ago that “We’re looking at other roles around the club for Sanderson” to an official press release now that he’s gone:

Read to the end of the article.

" “We are still chatting with ‘Sando’ about the future but he has stepped down as an assistant coach. Over his time with us he took responsibility for the mid-field, the forwards and, late this season, the backs. "

No, but the best way to get the same point across was to let Wrigtht sing his praises and say exactly the same things and then he could have said I will let my actions speak. Same point would have gotten across.

It was not a big deal but made me a little uncomfortable. I am old school in that regard.

If we make that mistake then the narrative turns to how he needed to be shielded from the media and maybe he's not confident in his ability to fulfil the role.

No matter which way those responses went he was in a no-win situation because the line of questioning itself was ordinary at best and a little nasty at worst, but I personally am happy that he had the confidence to unequivocally stand up for himself on day one and not take a backward step.

Knowing your strengths is one thing, tooting your own horn is another. We will just have to wait and see.
Based on your critique I just watched it again.
I think you’re judging him harshly and disagree wholeheartedly with you.
Maybe watch it again and factor in talking to a camera and having to sell yourself instantly.

from the rumours etc that have abound in trade rumours sites / twitter etc that is quite likely to happen . eg dyaln Stpehens alrady aske dto be tarded to us, Crouch Lipinski .Dunstan Hewitt etc. Not forgetting we have two potential good ones in Begg and Johnson - along with Reef Mc as an up and coming inside mid.

So I agree with Fly ... I woudl not be surprised to quick turnaround as motivation among players will be entirely reinvigorated.

nice work.... yes i heard that dusty was a big fan and tom lynch too and both have said some things on twitter about moving over to us.... i'm sure sparked by Fly's comment that we should make top 4 next year..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me that's a bonus, vindictive old trd cost us a flag.
You could argue he cost us a couple. Had we recruited a big bodied ruck after Keating belted us we may have snagged 07 too.

Just on the FIGJAM discussion why is the perception that it’s a negative? I think times have changed and having supreme confidence in yourself is a positive trait as long as you know how to bring others up to your level which it appears is a key pillar of McRae’s coaching philosophy.

FWIW I didn’t get FIGJAM vibes.

Starting off your Collingwood coaching career by thanking Richmond?

I'm starting a 'Sack McRae' thread.
Firstly, I do understand you're speaking in jest.

But, I reckon he's the sort of bloke whose very humble and grateful for how he got where he is. I think it's very appropriate for your first presser to acknowledge how you got there. And if he brings some of the things he's learned from Matthews, Clarkson and Hardwick then I think we'll do very well. But if he does it again, I agree........