Crap CD's that you bought just because you liked one song

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks, Grendel. Your'e a champ. :D

I was going to sit in with band that wanted to cover Van Morrison's 'Brown Eyed Girl' Cat Stevens 'Hard-Headed Woman' and Neil Young's 'Cinnamon Girl.'

I didn't know these tunes, so I bought a really crappy compilation CD full of songs I hate just to get 'Brown-Eyed Girl.' It's a kick ass tune BTW.

I also picked up 'The Very Best of Cat Stevens.' The very best? No thanks. I hated 'Hard-Headed Woman' and I refused to play it. I did like 'Another Saturday Night.' Kind of catchy although there really isn't anything interesting for a guitar player to do.

Lastly was a Neil Young's greatest hits. I didn't care for 'Cinnamon Girl' either, but the cover version we did was a lot of fun. Now I like it quite a bit.

3 Crap CD's. 3 songs.

Peace & thanks again, Grendel. ;)

"Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too" by New Radicals. Bought it for my partner who loved the Magna commercial tune. The rest is pretty bland.

Lenny Kravitz - 5. Bought it for the single 'Fly Away', rest is pretty average though.

Kim Salmon and the Surrealists: Essence.
Bought it for the cover of The Silver Apples' "A Pox On You". The rest of the album varies between so-so and boring.

Russ Ballard's "Voices", for the title track. Have since chucked it away, the rest of it was that bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Lee - Breathing Tornadoes for the first single Cigarettes Will Kill You. The rest of the album was just dull. Ironically I then bought the Hottest 100 CD from that year that featured the very same song.

Originally posted by Macca19
The Alien Ant Farm cd because i liked Smooth Criminal.

Moral of the story: Never EVER buy a CD when the hit single is a cover version.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back