Cricket 2017/18

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Renshaw & wouldn't have minded him given a go but form's form.

Dunno how the hell SMarsh gets yet another bloody crack though. Every bloody year it's the same old tease. Blokes got amazing potential, has proven it at the highest level but not nearly enough in Aust for me to trust him now... I guess we'll see. Looking forward to it.

Happy with Bancroft and Marsh but Paine is an absolute joke...hasn’t scored a Shield century in 11 years.

Marsh has had to many chances and, if Cowan has been written off for age why hasn't Marsh? I think choosing a batsman @ 6 is the right option if no All rounders are performing though. So I am happy with this selection but Marsh hasn't even scored a ton in 3 shield games has he?

Happy with Bancroft and Marsh but Paine is an absolute joke...hasn’t scored a Shield century in 11 years.

He's there because he's the best glove man. Don't see the issue.

Alex Carey isn't ready.

Could be worse Wade could be there

Marsh has had to many chances and, if Cowan has been written off for age why hasn't Marsh? I think choosing a batsman @ 6 is the right option if no All rounders are performing though. So I am happy with this selection but Marsh hasn't even scored a ton in 3 shield games has he?

Marsh scored 91 ageist the full strength NSW side. It was a very good innings.

I wouldn't have picked him personally

Your getting too personal. The whole selection set up is a farce and time to get rid of Pat Howard

Hardly.

The only one I said we shouldn't pick is Wade. Flat out despite 'improving', his glovework is still average at best and I'm being generous there.

The selectors picked a keeper who is first and foremost a fantastic gloveman.

Bancroft smashed the door down, his selection was obvious. He isn't a fantastic keeper so I'm glad we didn't go down that route of picking a part timer as our test keeper.

The number 6 was and is questionable. I'm not a Marsh fan, although I like SMarsh a lot better than his overhyped brother! I would have personally picked Cartwright but SMarsh isn't that awful considering none of the other options smashed the door down.

Maybe we could get A.Healy into the side? Can we do that?

Sure lets get another one in our side that should captain the brain explosion XI....if you saw her shot today you'd know what I'm talking about!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure lets get another one in our side that should captain the brain explosion XI....if you saw her shot today you'd know what I'm talking about!
I did. But given all the others apparently are out because they can't keep I thought I'd throw her name out being a pretty decent keeper...

I'll back anyone who gets a crack behind the stumps. Is a pretty dangerous career choice at the moment it seems.

I did. But given all the others apparently are out because they can't keep I thought I'd throw her name out being a pretty decent keeper...

I'll back anyone who gets a crack behind the stumps. Is a pretty dangerous career choice at the moment it seems.

She's a very good keeper. Sarah Taylor from England is the best in the world period, she is brilliant.

Unless she is related to Tubby & can get Aussie citizenship then I don't care... Trying to find our gloveman/woman/person LP!! Focus on the task at hand mate :p

It's an area unfortunately we are quite weak in. It was bad enough that Wade was even an option keeping at test level, he was never that good. Unfortunately we've gone from having an abundance of keepers (I mean we had Chris Hartley retire last year and he'd be the test keeper if he was still playing) to having very few. That said I'm bullish about Alex Carey and Sam Whiteman, and to a lesser degree Jimmy Pierson. All 3 have a lot of potential. Carey was touted this year but they made the correct call there, he wasn't ready this year.

It's an area unfortunately we are quite weak in. It was bad enough that Wade was even an option keeping at test level, he was never that good. Unfortunately we've gone from having an abundance of keepers (I mean we had Chris Hartley retire last year and he'd be the test keeper if he was still playing) to having very few. That said I'm bullish about Alex Carey and Sam Whiteman, and to a lesser degree Jimmy Pierson. All 3 have a lot of potential. Carey was touted this year but they made the correct call there, he wasn't ready this year.
I think we've got good keepers. I like Wade. I also like Neville. Whoever gets that role at the moment will cop it though it seems. Makes it hard to build confidence when there are people calling for the axe so quickly + so many other options just waiting to step in should it fall.

I think we've got good keepers. I like Wade. I also like Neville. Whoever gets that role at the moment will cop it though it seems. Makes it hard to build confidence when there are people calling for the axe so quickly + so many other options just waiting to step in should it fall.

We need to be patient with these young keepers they need to have a few good Shield seasons.

Wade is fine for limited overs cricket where there is less of a chance of stuffing things up behind the stumps.

hope you didnt miss the draft prep meeting to coach the womens cricket side mate, Australian open coming up soon too.

Looking forward to the cricket. The balmy army tend to bring a good vibe I reckon. Love the banter & they have some bloody witty chants.

I'll disclaim this with the fact one of my favourite chants is also one of the less witty.

Caaarrrrberry. Caaarrrberry.
He's a mode of transport and a little bit 'o fruit.

:D

Shaun Marsh has been dropped and re picked more often than he scores a 100, 34 year old had his time, should be stamped never again

Normally I'd agree but the other options have been extremely ordinary this summer. No doubt Maxwell would do something stupid so I'm glad we aren't taking a gamble there

Normally I'd agree but the other options have been extremely ordinary this summer. No doubt Maxwell would do something stupid so I'm glad we aren't taking a gamble there
So he did all the hard work in asia , comes back fails then has back to back 50's then another low one , then a hard fought 45no to force a draw. Not a massive wrap on the bloke, but he deserved a chance at home and to replace him with Marsh is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back