Cricket Discussion - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The espncricinfo website score has been stuck on 4/201 after 70 overs for about 20 minutes now. This is the sitre that is working and the score is 5/241 after 78 overs. https://www.cricket.com.au/live-streaming

The espncricino site has also got Cameron White down as Craig White.

Rookie error, don't go to cricinfo for up to the minute shield coverage - use the Cricket Australia site for that.

Cricinfo is by far the all round superior site, but the ball by ball coverage is actually taken from the CA feed.

I noticed from the CA over-by-over commentary that there was an LBW appeal against Cameron White on 0. Doesn't say whether it was close and there is no discussion on espncricinfo like there is with test matches. Would have made a hell of a lot of difference if that had been given.

The two First innings' have taken 210.3 overs and with SA 1/55 there are 140 remaining, possibly less if the rain currently falling at Alberton gets to AO. Any reduction in overs due to rain could lead to a difficult decision for Tom Cooper.

Just missed out with the bonus points. Batting points are .01 for every run over 100 in the first 100 overs. Our first innings took 95 overs so 1.79 points. Unfortunately we just missed out with the bowling. You get 0.5 for the 5th, 7th and 9th wickets but only in 100 overs. As the 7th wicket fell at 100.4 overs we only got 0.5. Victoria got 1.5 bowling points and were 6/310 at 100 overs so got 1.1 batting points.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7/216, 224 ahead. After a fast start when SA looked like they could be 270 ahead at stumps on day 3 and more than 350 at lunch on the final day they have slowed down and are only surviving. Going into survival mode seems to cause more losses than anything. For instance Harry Nielsen just got out for 24 off 94 balls and Alex Ross for 49 off 86. Just a few more runs from each of them and we would be getting somewhere towards safety. And protecting your wicket and not scoring hands the initiative back to the bowler. Hopefully there is something in the wicket and we can bowl Vic out in two sessions. If we don't then I feel this game is lost as we may be protecting not much more than 250.

Edit : SA all out for 243(5/35 today) lead by 251. Vic are 0/12 after 4.2 overs.

Last edited:
Redbacks are becoming the Melbourne of cricket. Losing begets losing. As soon as Victoria were within 150 with wickets in hand in the first innings I had misgivings about what would happen. Now what I think won't affect the outcome of the match but it's starting to become obvious the players are thinking the way I do and that leads to a loss of confidence.

In the 4th ODI between South Africa and India, Andile Phehlukwayo has scored 23 no off 5 balls. South Africa needed to score 202 in 28 overs under the D/L system and scored 207 in 25.3 overs. Scoring so quickly was not really all that much of a problem at the time as when Andile came in South Africa only required 28 from 26 balls.

England need 27 in the last two overs to beat NZ. Would be gettable if they weren't 8 down.

EDIT : NZ have, as expected won the match. They won by 12 runs. England were on course to win but wickets in the last three overs slowed them down. They scored 3/24 in the last three overs after scoring 1/29 in the two overs before that. The big turning point would have been the wicket of David Malan for 59 in the 17th over.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back