Workshop Cricket Kit Designs/Discussion

I was thinking this while watching the Gold Coast game tonight. There are new designs every 2 years for the BBL so maybe next year they could remove the black on the sleeves?

WBBL style jerseys would be the way to go IMO. Colouring looks way better.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
The Victorian , going to Marvel tomorrow for the BBL, what’s the best way to buy tickets and where is the best place to sit?
At Marvel for the cricket I have sat Level 3 quite a few times however for non Derby matches, level 1 is open for GA. If you want to meet the boys after the game or get a signature/photo level 1 is the go. If you want a great view of the whole field and the smashing thats gonna happen first rows Level 3.

As for tickets, BBL crowds are down this year so you could get tickets at the gate. I have always been a member so I have never had to buy tickets before the game but I would probably say tickets at the gate.

At Marvel for the cricket I have sat Level 3 quite a few times however for non Derby matches, level 1 is open for GA. If you want to meet the boys after the game or get a signature/photo level 1 is the go. If you want a great view of the whole field and the smashing thats gonna happen first rows Level 3.

As for tickets, BBL crowds are down this year so you could get tickets at the gate. I have always been a member so I have never had to buy tickets before the game but I would probably say tickets at the gate.
Looks like we are getting GA tickets So that we can move around. Go from lvl1 to lvl3 and vice versa. Thanks for the info.

I’m going with family but if you see a guy in an India shirt, you know it’s me. :)

The Victorian , going to Marvel tomorrow for the BBL, what’s the best way to buy tickets and where is the best place to sit?
I’m a Renegades meber and i can echo exactly what The Vic said.
At the MCG mate, #teamgreen
Yeah nah, no bias at all here but the spectacle at the Gades games is better than at the Stars games. Even just for simplicity of knowing where GA is at Marvel it’s much easier (there’s TVs everywhere showing what each bay is for, but also the atmosphere under the roof is great.

are you going Wednesday? Team Green is looking good!
I sure will, might see you there!
Yeah nah, no bias at all here but the spectacle at the Gades games is better than at the Stars games. Even just for simplicity of knowing where GA is at Marvel it’s much easier (there’s TVs everywhere showing what each bay is for, but also the atmosphere under the roof is great.
The only good thing about Gades games is that it's at the train station. Also the pitch is terrible.

The only good thing about Gades games is that it's at the train station. Also the pitch is terrible.
Jolimont and Richmond are closer to the G than Marvel is to Southern Cross innit?

Also, I for one am hoping The Victorian does a meet and greet and a BBL game. Great up and coming poster.

Jul 3, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, Pittsburgh Penguins
Also, I for one am hoping The Victorian does a meet and greet and a BBL game. Great up and coming poster.
Agreed. Wish I could be there to meet the great man.

Jolimont and Richmond are closer to the G than Marvel is to Southern Cross innit?

Yeh but getting up from Geelong only requires one train.

I'll scope him out and see if he's the real deal or not ;)

He’s only been here for a few months but it just feels like he’s been here for years.

Testify!

y50I3BB.gif

Glad I picked the 'Gades to go for, so easy to jump on the train in Geelong, arrive at Southern Cross, and be a short walk from the stadium. Not that getting Metro trains on Tuesday was overly difficult, it was just a pain in the arse

Jul 4, 2012
County Grant
AFL Club
Geelong

How good is it! I don't know a single Stars fan in Ballarat, everyone is on the renegades bandwagon here, easy to get to and they are so much more entertaining.

And honestly who wants to be associated with a side Eddie is involved in?

Testify!

y50I3BB.gif

Glad I picked the 'Gades to go for, so easy to jump on the train in Geelong, arrive at Southern Cross, and be a short walk from the stadium. Not that getting Metro trains on Tuesday was overly difficult, it was just a pain in the arse
How good is it! I don't know a single Stars fan in Ballarat, everyone is on the renegades bandwagon here, easy to get to and they are so much more entertaining.

And honestly who wants to be associated with a side Eddie is involved in?
I may be the only person outside the CBD of Melbourne that goes for the Stars haha.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I may be the only person outside the CBD of Melbourne that goes for the Stars haha.
They were talking about the locational divide of the Stars and Gades the other night in comparison to Sydney (Thunder Western outer suburbs, Sixers inner city)
A few things got brought up
Stars- More Traditional & Renegades- More Rebel
Stars- Upper Class & Renegades- More Second Class Citizens
Stars- More Eastern, Southern and CBD (Includes Latrobe Valley) & Renegades- More Western and Northern (Includes going as West as Ballarat and Geelong)

What would you think would be the divide between the 2 teams?

They were talking about the locational divide of the Stars and Gades the other night in comparison to Sydney (Thunder Western outer suburbs, Sixers inner city)
Stars- More Eastern, Southern and CBD (Includes Latrobe Valley) & Renegades- More Western and Northern (Includes going as West as Ballarat and Geelong)

Stars would be more traditional cricket fans (playing at the MCG, home of cricket, where people have been going to for years)
Gades would be more kids and families or relatively newer cricket fans (easy to get to the ground, more flashy - think motorbikes etc - out of towners such as Ballarat and Geelong)

But that's just my opinion. At the end of the day, the two teams where both brand new and therefor everyone had a choice to make on who they wanted to go for, so it really was just a toss of the coin.

The reason I chose the Stars was because my brother chose the Renegades, and I wanted to rip s**t on him when they play each other.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Stars would be more traditional cricket fans (playing at the MCG, home of cricket, where people have been going to for years)
Gades would be more kids and families or relatively newer cricket fans (easy to get to the ground, more flashy - think motorbikes etc - out of towners such as Ballarat and Geelong)

But that's just my opinion. At the end of the day, the two teams where both brand new and therefor everyone had a choice to make on who they wanted to go for, so it really was just a toss of the coin.

The reason I chose the Stars was because my brother chose the Renegades, and I wanted to rip s**t on him when they play each other.
I picked the Stars for a number of reasons, I prefer the MCG to go to the game. I thought that the Renegades were a more 'Rebel' team and liked the Stars more. I also liked the players joining the Stars as they were more star powered than the Renegades. My friend also went for the Stars and encouraged me to get a membership which was super cheap (not the case now).

what does 'more rebel' mean? Also, calling another Big Bash team's fans second class citizens, lol.

The only difference is that CA pays for Stars billboards to go up in the south east and Renegades ones in the North and the west (and geelong I guess).

Back