Opinion Cricket thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel sorry for Stoinis, he deserved the winning runs. Great knock.

I know this is a meaningless One Day series against the Kiwis but the selection of Heazlett to represent his Australia is a disgrace.

The bloke has not even played One Day cricket for his state and was selected off the back of a Mickey Mouse T20 comp where had the best players in the country been available he would have struggled to get a game.

Brett Geeves has written another excellent article on the subject, bagging Greg Chappell along the way.

I know this is a meaningless One Day series against the Kiwis but the selection of Heazlett to represent his Australia is a disgrace.

The bloke has not even played One Day cricket for his state and was selected off the back of a Mickey Mouse T20 comp where had the best players in the country been available he would have struggled to get a game.

Brett Geeves has written another excellent article on the subject, bagging Greg Chappell along the way.

Agreed, Heazlett is s**t and didn't deserve a game. Unsurprisingly looked out of his depth.

There are about half a dozen more deserving blokes.

we could play you blokes in a hot dog eating contest and it would still mean something to us !:D

another very good Eden park game.. There's something about this ground that creates good close games.
Funny sort of game too.. some sublime bits, but some very average cricket too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a f***en shambles at Napier.

some light rain in the morning and the ground cant handle it.
It hasn't rained in the bay in 3 weeks, so you'd think any moisture would soak in !

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never seen anything more village in my entire life.

No super sopper?
No rope?

they had all that. The problem from what I can gather is that the water wasn't draining away, so it didn't matter what you took off the surface it kept bubbling to the top again.
The thing that annoys me is that they've had the same problem in 2 previous one day games and yet have done nothing to fix the drainage

some very hacked off spectators is the result

What was the umpire doing though? Reviewing it why, when he gave it not out?

Bizarre situation.

What was the umpire doing though? Reviewing it why, when he gave it not out?

Bizarre situation.
Which call?

The first call they asked for a review (umpires) for caught with a soft call of out (out signal given down low against the sternum).

The 3rd umpire is only allowed to review the call he's asked to look at I think, so couldn't give it out LB. The decision of not out he gave was to the referred caught appeal so then they reviewed (DRS) the LBW which they had got a good look out 40 something times on the big screen.

They should not show replays on the bigscreen until the decision is made or they should ask the captain if he wants to review another decision in the case of a not out IMO.

Which call?

The first call they asked for a review (umpires) for caught with a soft call of out (out signal given down low against the sternum).

The 3rd umpire is only allowed to review the call he's asked to look at I think, so couldn't give it out LB. The decision of not out he gave was to the referred caught appeal so then they reviewed (DRS) the LBW which they had got a good look out 40 something times on the big screen.

They should not show replays on the bigscreen until the decision is made or they should ask the captain if he wants to review another decision in the case of a not out IMO.

Ok now I'm with you.

Whole thing was a shambles then and most certainly Kohli shouldn't be able to review after all that time and video.

Apparently Khuwaja will be dropped for Shaun Marsh in India.

I know their records suggests Marsh is preferred in spinning conditions, but I'd much prefer Marsh to be forgotten and we move on.

Apparently Khuwaja will be dropped for Shaun Marsh in India.

I know their records suggests Marsh is preferred in spinning conditions, but I'd much prefer Marsh to be forgotten and we move on.

I'd prefer we pick the best team for the conditions that we're playing and stop trying to look at youth in the test side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back