Multiplat Cricket22

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks the same as Cricket 19

Graphics look a bit sharper , more licensed teams. I wouldn’t bother with career mode but guess that appeals to some.

Hard to judge game play on the easy mode but some of the shot animations like Stokes flick over mid wicket look improved.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like somehow it’s been released early overseas.

Marvel looks good.

Attachments

• Cricket 22 2021-11-26 22-23-03.png
    Cricket 22 2021-11-26 22-23-03.png
    773.4 KB · Views: 105
  • Cricket 22 2021-11-26 22-22-35.png
    Cricket 22 2021-11-26 22-22-35.png
    701 KB · Views: 101

tombomb

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Had a small play just now.

Feels like a buggy mess, there is something seriously wrong with defensive shots. Turned the commentary almost immediately off as it is awful.

Will leave for a while and hopefully some patches come through.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Had a small play just now.

Feels like a buggy mess, there is something seriously wrong with defensive shots. Turned the commentary almost immediately off as it is awful.

Will leave for a while and hopefully some patches come through.

Yep all reports are its bug ridden right now patches to come over the coming days. I guess its been difficult with a lot of this time as work from home but it staggers me how many games get released so poorly. Always give the cricket games 2-3 weeks to catch up with the gurus to create the "real" teams and players from the non licensed.

Disappointing that it seems like it was rushed. Very buggy. Running between the wickets has a massive delay. Fielders teleporting. The forward defensive shot, of all things, seems to have disappeared...

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Another patch coming today.

Loophole around unlicensed players with fake bats to. Go to bat manager and assign bats to players IE NB to Wade etc.

These games are never great straight out and considering they had to do most of this work from home its not to bad, patches will fix the game play and give it a few weeks and the academy will be full with "real " teams and players.

Good little glitch in career mode with training if you're an all-rounder, while batting you can get your player bowling to you batting and get the skills for it.

Piss off Ross and don't fix it.
Reminds me of one of the Don Bradman games where you could have a team with 2 Smiths, 3 Starcs, 1 Lyon with a spare as 12th man

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It has been almost 2 weeks post release and the game is still unplayable for Xbox users awaiting any kind of patch. To think the game was going to be released the week prior makes you think how the hell did it get past any form of testing in the first place?

I can see the glimpses of this game being very good , best cricket one out there but how can you expect people to fork out $79-$100 for a game that is so broken on release and still broken 2 weeks later? The other two games that come to my mind are Cyberpunk 2077 and WWE 2k20 being completely broken to the point of refunds offered etc, right now cricket is in the same boat.

The most ironic thing is that from memory a staff member from the Big Ant company was openly criticizing the wicked witch AFL games which IMO whilst pretty poor didn't release as broken as Cricket22 which has been nothing short of a cluster f***

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
It has been almost 2 weeks post release and the game is still unplayable for Xbox users awaiting any kind of patch. To think the game was going to be released the week prior makes you think how the hell did it get past any form of testing in the first place?

I can see the glimpses of this game being very good , best cricket one out there but how can you expect people to fork out $79-$100 for a game that is so broken on release and still broken 2 weeks later? The other two games that come to my mind are Cyberpunk 2077 and WWE 2k20 being completely broken to the point of refunds offered etc, right now cricket is in the same boat.

The most ironic thing is that from memory a staff member from the Big Ant company was openly criticizing the wicked witch AFL games which IMO whilst pretty poor didn't release as broken as Cricket22 which has been nothing short of a cluster f***

I think the lack of Xbox updates is due to Microsoft at the moment as the updates have been rolling out on Steam and PS. I read the other day that apparently Microsoft don't do any testing over weekends hence those patches still waiting to be approved

KAYNE

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2007
Big White
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne
I think the lack of Xbox updates is due to Microsoft at the moment as the updates have been rolling out on Steam and PS. I read the other day that apparently Microsoft don't do any testing over weekends hence those patches still waiting to be approved

I get that but it's well known that Microsoft take longer and this shouldn't have been released in the state that its in. It's a common issue with Big Ants cricket games at release they're very buggy. While they do continue to work on them and they end up fantastic it is not worth getting them at release. I will be getting this after Christmas for sure.

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Exactly I completely understand the issue with Microsoft is out of there hands but how on earth did they release a game in its day one condition? I understand all the patches and I know in the long run this game will be good but to put a game out there on shelves that is unplayable is madness. On the xbox version you can not okay a forward defence , balls that are fielded on the ring are being called 4, the ball disappears , the game constantly crashes etc.

They were even delayed a week on the release which was mostly cut scenes of Paine in the skipper role and team selection which realistically wouldn't have had anything to do with the actual gameplay mechanics itself. I can't recall having a game that has required patches daily for 2 weeks so far?

Lynchy04

Cancelled
Apr 20, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
It hasn't required patches daily for two weeks at all.

After the initial patch it's been leaps and bounds better.

They have been patching it almost daily and I agree from some of the gameplay videos I have seen it looks like it has gone off leaps and bounds and I’ve got no doubt in a months time can comfortably say best cricket game ever made.

The gripe was it still got released in a horrible condition and if you picked this up off the shelves of say JB or EB and paid $100 for it you’d expect the game would work and not crash constantly (Xbox version)

Back