News Crows buy professional eSports team - Update: SOLD

Remove this Banner Ad

The SMA gain the benefits, not the Crows. And they're not telling people how to live their lives, but there's no need for a football club to provide outlets for people to gamble

The SMA must sell a bucket load of stuff to get that $4 million dollars the AFC receive every year?

I wonder if you would like the SMA to stop selling soft drinks to children, ice creams and lollies to diabetics and meat pies to vegans?

The SMA must sell a bucket load of stuff to get that $4 million dollars the AFC receive every year?

I wonder if you would like the SMA to stop selling soft drinks to children, ice creams and lollies to diabetics and meat pies to vegans?
Pokies are a rigged exercise that are designed to screw people out of their money with a minimal return programmed in. Gambling is a big enough problem with the AFL as it is, let alone the clubs adding to the problem with pokie venues as well.

it's irrelevant because I was merely pointing out that many of the club pubs in Melbourne DO make money.

please go and find the post where I condone pokies Mr X.
You're condoning them by wanting the club to get involved with them.

Pokies are a rigged exercise that are designed to screw people out of their money with a minimal return programmed in. Gambling is a big enough problem with the AFL as it is, let alone the clubs adding to the problem with pokie venues as well.

Where did I suggest we should have them in the first place?

The SMA gain the benefits, not the Crows. And they're not telling people how to live their lives, but there's no need for a football club to provide outlets for people to gamble.

Just because other clubs do it doesn't mean we need to.
There is no reason for us not to unless they ban pokies for eveyone.

It’s a pointless feel good gesture.

Also lets not pretend the Adelaide Crows are not doing this as a social responsibility campaign.They are doing this to prevent anymore revenue being removed from the SANFL coffers.

We may hold our own licence and controlour own destiny but we are still a flagship enterprise of the SANFL.

have you got your reading glasses on? I never so much as suggested the club should get a pub, let alone put pokies in it.

It is not semantics. The club doesn't sell, nor gain any revenue from selling cigarettes or alcohol directly to consumers anywhere we play.

Pokies destroy plenty of lives, I'm glad the club has nothing to do with them.

So does alcohol, but if the club bought a licensed venue without pokies would you be outraged at that? Pokies are a fact of life and I'd much prefer that any money made from them ultimately provides some benefit to society rather than just further lining the pockets of the already wealthy. Not that pokies venues haven't sent many a person broke.

The SMA gain the benefits, not the Crows. And they're not telling people how to live their lives, but there's no need for a football club to provide outlets for people to gamble.

Just because other clubs do it doesn't mean we need to.

That's a fairly simplistic first sentence. You surely must understand that the reason that we lobbied for more return from the SMA is because of the extra revenue that they were generating from the crowds that we bring in through the gate. Are you suggesting that our slice of the pie would remain the same if the SMA stopped selling alcohol?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Absolutely

They can sell crack for all the **** I care. If it’s legal it’s not our job to set or implement social policy

It's not rocket science. We exist to win flags or we do don't. A simple mission statement is lost on so many. Laugh at Port all you like, but at least they provide a metric for judgement. We've never been anywhere near as brave.

So, right now, is your preference that a soulless corporate make the cash from misery instead of an entity that gives back? To be honest, you read like a pokie shill. You'd rather the profits stay where they are. That's quite odd.

So, right now, is your preference that a soulless corporate make the cash from misery instead of an entity that gives back? To be honest, you read like a pokie shill. You'd rather the profits stay where they are. That's quite odd.
Yes, I'm a pokie shill. And you sound like one by trying to justify the club by getting involved by claiming it's OK since the club "gives back".

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on this one.

No we are not.

You do not have the right to impose your views on social policy that are over and above the law on us

You can believe what you like but you cannot ascribe meaning to what you believe whilst it contravenes current law and social policy

Your beliefs currently have no meaning beyond being the answer to a trivia question: what does MRB37 believe?

So no we won’t agree to disagree when it’s a binary question of law

No we are not.

You do not have the right to impose your views on social policy that are over and above the law on us

You can believe what you like but you cannot ascribe meaning to what you believe whilst it contravenes current law and social policy

Your beliefs currently have no meaning beyond being the answer to a trivia question: what does MRB37 believe?

So no we won’t agree to disagree when it’s a binary question of law
We're just gonna have to agree to disagree.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back