Crows Chat That 'Doesnt Deserve Its Own Thread' Thread part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure why but I thought they would stuff it up!

They have talked previously about the difficulty of matching up the various different ticketing databases they have had to use over time to get the correct collated information. As someone who works in the area of data management, I can completely understand the nightmare that would have been. Now it seems though that they have got it all sorted, hence the email checking the details! So woo! Well done club.

They have talked previously about the difficulty of matching up the various different ticketing databases they have had to use over time to get the correct collated information. As someone who works in the area of data management, I can completely understand the nightmare that would have been. Now it seems though that they have got it all sorted, hence the email checking the details! So woo! Well done club.

You're right, it would have been a task going back to those early 90's records and matching them up with todays database.

So, whos driving over to the Cattery?
Thanks to my wife's girlfriend Ive got tickets yahoooooooooooooo
Be Afraidy Cats...I've been twice for 2 wins:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:.
Now that's a good omen.
Wave to Floggs Creek for us

I'm not a smoker but gawd what a typically whiney Adelaidian complaint. Do you realise how stupid it sounds to want smoking banned outside?

So you'd be ok with me taking a mouthful of vodka and spraying it all over your face?

Essentially the same thing, except the vodka wont, you know, kill you?

Haha.. you never get away from car pollution ya nong, thats the problem. There is plenty of evidence (go search for it) that pollution is worse than passive smoking.

The thing is we need cars and busses and trucks to go through daily life.
We dont need some feral campaigner smoking cigarettes.

This is a stupid argument. Its like the gun nuts saying "cars kill more people, why not ban them"

I got an email from the AFC asking me to confirm my details - name, address, email etc. I noticed that they had the first year of membership and consecutive since years as well.

This is the first time I have noticed they have recorded these years (mine are both 1992).
So that's legit? My sister and i weren't sure whether to respond or not. They have my joining date as 2013 but I started out as Bronze in 1997, if I remember correctly.

So what if it's not directly blowing into your face? You're breathing in toxic exhaust fumes every time you step outside. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there.
So you want to compound that by having another known noxious substance blown in your face

The thing is we need cars and busses and trucks to go through daily life.
We dont need some feral campaigner smoking cigarettes.

This is a stupid argument. Its like the gun nuts saying "cars kill more people, why not ban them"

Agree it is a stupid statement, nearly as stupid as thinking banning guns will stop people killing each other or by banning guns the bad guys wont be able to still get them.

But back on topic it is incredibly rude for people to light up a ciggy when we are crushed together on the bridge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So that's legit? My sister and i weren't sure whether to respond or not. They have my joining date as 2013 but I started out as Bronze in 1997, if I remember correctly.

Contact the club to sort it out, I think its great they are trying to maintain your history of when you became a member.

You guys are the silent achievers of the competition. No one takes notice of the fact that you have claimed many big scalps. For example West coast away and Sydney.

Agree it is a stupid statement, nearly as stupid as thinking banning guns will stop people killing each other or by banning guns the bad guys wont be able to still get them.

But back on topic it is incredibly rude for people to light up a ciggy when we are crushed together on the bridge.

Yeah bad guys can get guns in Australia too.
How many of these mass shootings have been by actual criminals?

No theyre all done by people like you or me that lose the plot or have mental issues from the start.

That arguement is even more stupid. Why have drug laws then? or murder laws? If they arent going to stop people anyway, why bother right?

How many massacres have we had since Howard's gun laws came in?

Yeah bad guys can get guns in Australia too.
How many of these mass shootings have been by actual criminals?

No theyre all done by people like you or me that lose the plot or have mental issues from the start.

That arguement is even more stupid. Why have drug laws then? or murder laws? If they arent going to stop people anyway, why bother right?

Not sure what you are arguing here, people lose the plot and want to kill someone they will use a knife, hands, fire, car, truck etc.

Why completely ban guns and penalize people that use them legally for sport and recreation, our current gun laws are fine with plenty of checks and balances built in.

I would think most shootings in Australia would be gang/drug related with illegal guns.

The gun laws we have now are great (a bit illogical in some respects) but I have no issue with them.

Only have issue thinking banning guns all together will get them out of criminals hands.

You're not getting it though are you.
These mass shootings in cinemas, schools etc arent done by 'criminals'.

These are regular people who shouldnt have access to guns but do.

You ever tried to buy a gun in Australia? You'd sure have a lot more time to think about whether you'd go ahead with the massacre.

Not sure what you are arguing here, people lose the plot and want to kill someone they will use a knife, hands, fire, car, truck etc.

Why completely ban guns and penalize people that use them legally for sport and recreation, our current gun laws are fine with plenty of checks and balances built in.

I would think most shootings in Australia would be gang/drug related with illegal guns.

When was the last time someone killed 50 people in less than a minute with a knife.

You're producing all the worst arguments the gun lobby have.

There havent been ANY mass shootings since 1996. ZERO. Criminals or no criminals.

Guns that are legal and used for sport or farming are still legal, but theres measures to make sure they are accounted for, and locked up. You cant buy ammo at the supermarket.
What if I decide I want a rocket launcher for sport, is that ok?

Last edited:
When was the last time someone killed 50 people in less than a minute with a knife.

You're producing all the worst arguments the gun lobby have.

There havent been ANY mass shootings since 1996. ZERO. Criminals or no criminals.

Guns that are legal and used for sport or farming are still legal, but theres measures to make sure they are accounted for, and locked up. You cant buy ammo at the supermarket.
What if I decide I want a rocket launcher for sport, is that ok?

I think we are at cross purposes here, I thought you were advocating banning guns.

It sounds like we agree the current laws in Australia are good and are doing what they intend to do.

The current gun laws in most of the USA are ridiculous.

Seems like you are talking about the USA and I have been talking about Austraila , whenever there is a mass shooting in the USA we get the "lets ban guns brigade" out in force here.

And yes i have purcheased firearms as I am a licenced gun holder so I am very familiar with the legislation and my responsibilities.

I think we are at cross purposes here, I thought you were advocating banning guns.

It sounds like we agree the current laws in Australia are good and are doing what they intend to do.

Seems like you are talking about the USA and I have been talking about Austraila , whenever there is a mass shooting in the USA we get the "lets ban guns brigade" out in force here.

And yes i have purcheased firearms as I am a licenced gun holder so I am very familiar with the legislation and my responsibilities.
Most gun owners I know here think the US laws are stupid. Legal or not, you should not be able to buy a semi auto like it's a hamburger.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Seems like we're agreeing however your points you made towards gun ownership are plain dumb. A gun has very few purposes bar causing physical injury. Yes some people have them for sport, some because they need a humane way to euthanase an injured animal. To compare that to a knife or a truck which have hundreds of uses in society, is a bit daft. Once again I'd like you to give me an example of when someone killed 50 people with a knife in less than two minutes.

Nobody really wants to 'ban' guns here because they simply aren't an issue. I think most people are talking about the US in those cases.

As an outsider the Americans' reasons for having a gun, and retaining the laws, are just plain ridiculous.

Can you imagine if a type of food or drink caused as many deaths as gun violence in the US. Would they still be selling them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back