News Crows Documentary?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know a great comment from Sloane in a midfielders meeting can’t turn us into a better side, but he just adds nothing for mine. He’s a great bloke but comes across as lame and trite as leader.
He is here for the rebuild. He wont have any part on the field when we aim to get back into the 8 in a few years time.

In fact, I doubt any more than 8 current players will be a part of our next premiership tilt in 5-10 years time.

that clip shows me Sloane is absolutely clueless. Claims we used to be the best in the competition at two way running in the midfield.

Even when we made the grand final our midfield was a huge liability and a large part of that was lack of defensive accountability.

The fact he can't see that and trots out the trite 'we just need to get our mindset right and get back to how we were' is really concerning. The fact that he didn't get called out on exactly that by the coaches is even more concerning.

This might just be a small thing, but look at guys like Keays, Seedsman, Smith, M. Crouch and even Sloane sitting there in Adelaide Crows training apparel or merch

Then contrast that to Brad Crouch and Rory Atkins, in particular Atkins sitting there looking like an absolute ******* muppet in his basketball top

Commitment on display right there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might just be a small thing, but look at guys like Keays, Seedsman, Smith, M. Crouch and even Sloane sitting there in Adelaide Crows training apparel or merch

Then contrast that to Brad Crouch and Rory Atkins, in particular Atkins sitting there looking like an absolute ******* muppet in his basketball top

Its not a small thing. I remember the stories of Phil Walsh sending some no-name support employee home because he wore the wrong socks.

Walsh was all about elite standards in everything you do, and we've slipped so ******* past this its disgusting. Rory Atkins dressing like a tween, our captain wearing the Country Road jumper his wife picked out for him rather than the club polo. Brad obviously couldn't give a *.

Seems it's one of the Phil Walsh things we decided wasn't important enough to continue with.

I remember hearing all about the shoes on, team uniform stuff when he came in, a couple of years later we saw footage of a presentation Sam Willoughby gave to the whole playing list and coaches etc. just after his accident, something I think you'd want to pay some respect to but it was all casual clothes, I think I remember Scott Camporeale with shoes off, laid back on a bean bag.

I don't know if it's a big thing or not, I don't know if the Phil Walsh stories were exaggerated, but it certainly stood out to me and others on here.

Maybe we don't need to be so extreme, but an NBA top in a meeting is a bit relaxed for me.

Last edited:
Anyone else find it very interesting that Nicks is sitting behind the midfield group when he addresses them and that they don't even bother to turn around to listen to him? Some very interesting body language from both of them honestly.

The expressions on the players faces during that clip. Nicks may as well have been speaking chinese. Wtf was with that comment from Sloane too? What planet is he living on?

Sloane drank the bathwater. He has fully bought into the 'our best can match anyone in the competition', 'just make the 8 and anything can happen' mantras.

And no, he didn't just tell Crouch to pack his bags, he told the whole midfield group if they didn't want to defend they could pack their bags.

Gives an indication as to why Chayce Jones is so focussed on the defensive side of his game. Too scared to take a risk and run off his man?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back