Remove this Banner Ad

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Is this for real?

However, there is another documentary currently in the making and for Aussie rules fans, particularly those who follow the Crows, it will make for compulsive viewing.
It will be the Crows like you’ve never seen them before.

Fans of the Netflix series Drive to Survive will be familiar with the concept of having a camera crew invading the inner sanctum of a professional sporting team and delivering perspectives that previously could only be imagined.

At this very moment, there is an Amazon Prime film crew embedded with the Adelaide Football Club.

The club is a little coy about all the details, but head of football Adam Kelly confirmed that filming had begun.

Those critics of the Crows who constantly accuse the club of not being open enough may have to eat their words because apparently the camera crew has access to all areas.

According to witnesses, the cameras were rolling in the Barossa Valley when the club incurred the wrath of the AFL and the Melbourne media pack.

The club wouldn’t confirm whether the cameras were present when Tyson Stengle’s pre-season mishap was discussed, but they didn’t deny it either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comparing the Crows to that era of the bulls.. what the fu** are they smoking.
Whilst I agree, there are some parallels between us and the Bulls.

Success in the 90s. Nothing since.
Bulls.activley dismantle their winning team and have been cursed since.
We push Modra out, have been cursed ever since.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Yeah, there's Amazon crews at many clubs following different things. I believe other crews are at West Coast following Nic Nat, and Carlton following Eddie Betts, among others.

Will likely end up like Amazon's The Test series
So sounding like it will be a wide ranging AFL series focusing on a number of clubs rather than just ours?

So sounding like it will be a wide ranging AFL series focusing on a number of clubs rather than just ours?

Yep. I think it's the one Eddie McGuire was pushing in a partnership with Amazon but then Collingwood declined to be involved

Doccos are supposed to be based on fact and not hide the truth.

No chance this is a real doc, just another club puff piece
The Amazon Prime 'All or Nothing' series I've watched are pretty good. Don't always paint the teams they follow in a positive light.

Having said that, if they were to tear a team down completely it's unlikely that they'd keep gaining access to places.

So it'll fall somewhere in between a warts n all doco and a club sanctioned promo.

The Amazon Prime 'All or Nothing' series I've watched are pretty good. Don't always paint the teams they follow in a positive light.

Having said that, if they were to tear a team down completely it's unlikely that they'd keep gaining access to places.

So it'll fall somewhere in between a warts n all doco and a club sanctioned promo.

The Test fell pretty close to a puff piece with some questionable omissions (Warner's failings in the Ashes) but overall it was interesting and had unique insights

I reckon this will be similar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doccos are supposed to be based on fact and not hide the truth.

No chance this is a real doc, just another club puff piece
What are you on about? Sounds like it will follow a number of AFL clubs, there’s never been a doco like this for AFL or our club, so not sure how you could say this will be a puff piece without seeing it first.

If this isn't any good I'll spew up.
That was a great documentary

Ahead of its time given the acclaim given to the likes of Sunderland Til I Die now, 25 years later

[

The Draft doco was good as well, Headland wearing a Freo polo to draft interviews with other clubs etc.
I never saw that but remember hearing about it. Is it available anywhere now?

They could have Tex and Jordan meet up and discuss leadership.
Tex has been branded literally Hitler just for daring to be upset that Jake the Snake left. Imagine if he dished even a quarter of the vitriol that MJ did.

Only started filming this year so won't have any of the juicy stuff. You'd hope they backtrack back to 2015 with guys who were here. Doubt we'll get anything of interest regarding 17/19 though.
Any of the juicy stuff that's already happened anyway

I'm sure we're capable of more hijinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back