Game Day Crows V Blues Thursday night footy!

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Going to this one, can’t wait.
Nothing better than seeing Carlton come to Adelaide Oval because they usually lose!
Knocked them off their finals tilt late last year, let’s do it again but earlier!
Crows by 23
Rachele, Rankine and Fog to light it up and get the crowd rocking!

Going to this one, can’t wait.
Nothing better than seeing Carlton come to Adelaide Oval because they usually lose!
Knocked them off their finals tilt late last year, let’s do it again but earlier!
Crows by 23
Rachele, Rankine and Fog to light it up and get the crowd rocking!

Will be the biggest test so far. I'd love to see Nicks go toe to toe in this one. This game will say as much about Nicks as it will where we stand.

I'm looking forward to this one too ...

Pedlar and Fog back in adds so much toughness at the ball.

Want to see the forward-line at full tilt and see what it can do - Fogarty, Thilthorpe, Rankine, Pedlar, Walker, Rachele ... oh my!

Butts and Murray with huge jobs. Doedee to make it tough to get an easy ball in the air.

Can our mids attack when under pressure? Will they fall back into a follow mentality? Hopefully not with Captain, my Captain on the job!

Carn the Crows.

Biggest test so far for our midfield

Some have been saying, with our forwardline we just need the mids to break even.

Well what happens when you come up against another dangerous forwardline?

It's going to be a challenge, but we can't win with their tall forwards getting lots of clean ball in from their mids.

Good chance to see how well we're actually travelling. There's been a bit of excitement after winning the past couple of weeks, but there are a few question marks over the teams we beat. Carlton are travelling better than Port or Freo, so winning this will mean a bit more than those other two. On the other hand... if we sh*t the bed it will be crushingly disappointing.

Good chance to see how well we're actually travelling. There's been a bit of excitement after winning the past couple of weeks, but there are a few question marks over the teams we beat. Carlton are travelling better than Port or Freo, so winning this will mean a bit more than those other two. On the other hand... if we sh*t the bed it will be crushingly disappointing.
I’d say the Blues are going as good as anyone currently going around. They have arguably the top 4 forward line in the league. Can see them ending up top 4 this season if they can keep their standard trajectory.

Losing isn’t going to end any perceptions after this round, but as long as we continue to play that same brand of attacking footy we’ve done all year, then I’d be satisfied. If we do maintain our forward form, and at home, we have a solid chance of a relatively surprising win.

Max to win the rising star nomination this round.

I’d say the Blues are going as good as anyone currently going around. They have arguably the top 4 forward line in the league. Can see them ending up top 4 this season if they can keep their standard trajectory.

Losing isn’t going to end any perceptions after this round, but as long as we continue to play that same brand of attacking footy we’ve done all year, then I’d be satisfied. If we do maintain our forward form, and at home, we have a solid chance of a relatively surprising win.

Max to win the rising star nomination this round.
Looking at their midfield vs ours, I suspect Max will be pretty busy tonight. So lots of TV time to put him in front of the Rising Star judges.

Big test for our defence tonight.

Smith and Dawson won us the game last year with their run off half back. Milera and Hinge are going to need to stand up tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest Home & Away game for us in a while. Likely to be a big crowd. Weather good. Our squad is pretty much fully fit.

Can't wait

I'll barely be able to sleep at work today*

*I'm pretty sure I've used that joke on here before

If the weather turns I reckon our grunt and effort can get us over the line.

A bit nervous as this is a big test for us, win and the AFL world will stand up and take notice of us. Lose and whilst not the end of the world, with matches against Collingwood and Geelong coming up puts us in a weak position coming into the bye rounds.

We've been pretty good at generating one-on-one's in our F50 this year.

Certainly looking much more coordinated. Not having smalls as the deep target or players flying against each other constantly which has been our MO in the past.

Down back we've covered reasonably well the last two weeks by not letting our defenders get caught out one-on-one too often.

Both important tonight. Both forward lines will do damage one-on-one

This morning in the arrowman household...

Arrowman: burp scratch slurps coffee
Mrs Arrowman: Good morning darling - do you want to have your dinner in front of the footy tonight?
Arrowman: WTF? OMG, I'd forgotten! Huzzah!

Looking forward to this one. I make it a 40-60 game but very winnable. I won't melt if we play well and lose narrowly, but - well - it's good to have the "I'll be disappointed if we lose" feeling back again.

Really looking forward to this one, big test for us to see where we are at. We don't get may opportunities these days to play on the big stage with the whole country watching, so hopefully we put on a good show and don't get overawed by the big occasion.

Would love to see Rankine and Rachelle continue their good form and both light it up tonight. I think Dawson will be very important for us again, if he can have an influence in the middle again that will go a long way to helping us get up.

Crows by 13 points

Back