Game Day Crows V Dees + BT’s lovechild

Remove this Banner Ad

This game is bloody massive for our premiership chances in 2018.

We’ve produced a couple of massive wins when seriously needed this year against the Tigers and Swans, hopefully today is another one.

I know plenty have said going 2-2 over our next four before the bye would be a win, but I reckon we need 3-1. The Hawks will be a huge challenge so this is the one we just have to grab the 4 points from.

Win this one and I'll start becoming very bullish about going one better than last year.

Melbourne have been in great form, however they've played some poor sides within this month. They've got a strong midfield, flexible forward line and solid defence.

We are slowly getting guys back, the depth boys are playing super well, I only worry we won't be able to kick a decent enough score.

Really was the perfect scenario last week though. Dudbourne getting ahead of themselves and beating up on a VFL team. Have been talking themselves up all week in Melbourne.

Screw Melbourne, they are frauds and area spineless irrelevant club.

Go Crows and lets smash these pretenders.

I think the sentiments are that this game will be a reasonably close encounter. Something to calm the nerves is that we seem to be playing at our best when we have a lot of players out. Think Sydney game (away) and the flooded-game against the Dogs.

I can feel something's going to happen between the Fog and Lever. Fog to continue with his one percenters of hard tackling and player bruising, and I reckon he's going to do some on Lever today!

I think there will be a fair few neutral supporters on the ground. If we can get an early start in the first quarter, the crowd might sway in our favor. We can win this. Crows by 15.

I’m very bullish after looking at who we’ve got in and the hard footy that we’ve had to play the last couple weeks.
Dees don’t play 4 quarters, if we do we will get the chocolates.
Also the vibe is very Adelaide down here.
The vibe between the townspeople, a bar, or just the vibe between you and 1970Crow?

Reckon we drop this one. And that's ok, things just running for them at the moment. Full deck, good form. We still have key injuries and some coming back.

We can reset next week with GWS at home which is a must win.

Split Freo and Hawks away - gets us to 8-5 at the bye. Get some players back in July and make a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think it might be a good thing that Tex is injured. I reckon the media would have played up the Tex vs Lever thing even worse if he was playing to the point of it becoming a distraction. Tex would probably come out in over-agressive mode, trying to live up to expectation and be put off his game.

Dees are overrated. Crows by 30.

Very concerning game. We're playing ourselves in this game: the good team shows up and plays well and we win, the bad team plays poor and we lose. Melbourne is a non factor.

Still concerned

I believe it. Particularly now with the AFLW team having links with NT, I believe we've expanded our fanbase through the Central and Northern states. Would actually be interesting to see which team has more the support today!
Big following In Darwin I joined the Crows Suporters group in Darwin 2013 when living there for a year. I don’t think there was another team with that kind of support in Darwin.
I wish there was one in Cairns. Not a good year though after 2012 then Walker doing his knee early. I doubt I missed a game that year except I did leave a one game 10 mins early when Pets won the game v The Roos. :(

"Dees haven't played anyone in the last month"

Melbourne have beaten Essendon, St Kilda, Gold Coast and Carlton.

Adelaide have beaten Gold Coast, Carlton, Western Bulldogs and lost to Port.

I'd say pretty similar formlines.
This is what makes me think this is no easy game.

Six best 22 players out for us may be the difference. The B Team have done well.so far but Melbourne are a bit better than the other teams we have beaten.

Hoping to get some nice surprises as I check out the scores as we are out and about today. Hoping to get to watch the second half.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back