Game Day Crows v Freo - Friday, probs not good

Remove this Banner Ad

Same; I feel really flat too. I'm looking at another mediocre year, followed by a Nicks' sacking mid-2025.
Then another re-start. Hard to look forward to :sadv1: .
3 days ago, I suggested to my mate we go fishing tonight (good high tide on dusk).
Also a Crows fan, he reminded me the Crows were gonna be playing tonight.

He's keen to watch the game; I still want to go fishing.
The life of a crows supporter. If only you could turn off your feelings 🤣

Delivery into the forward line will win or lose us this game
Yep, we can win if we give our forwards supply like much after last year... but not if like last 2 weeks.

We must take the game on.

If the club is serious they do that soul searching like Collingwood did and hunt. Unleash mongrel and doesn’t have to be pretty

Manic pressure and use the fukkking corridor to open up angles.

Be brave and you will make mistakes but you also make opportunities!

Don’t be afraid to take the game on lower eyes and be unpredictable!

I've tipped against the Crows for the first time in ages so I'm sure Nicks will pull a rabbit out of his... ermm... out of the hat, and Brodie Smith will bomb goals from outside 50 instead of shanking everything, Scholl will be BOG with exquisite accuracy around the ground, Rachele will defend inside 50 and makes 5 tackles like he owns it, Murphy will kick 4.0 including goal of the year and we will win by 30+ with hardly a point scored.

I've tipped against the Crows for the first time in ages so I'm sure Nicks will pull a rabbit out of his... ermm... out of the hat, and Brodie Smith will bomb goals from outside 50 instead of shanking everything, Scholl will be BOG with exquisite accuracy around the ground, Rachele will defend inside 50 and makes 5 tackles like he owns it, Murphy will kick 4.0 including goal of the year and we will win by 30+ with hardly a point scored.
Love this optimism! My head also backed the dockers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

John, old buddy. I think that is the exact worst thing you could have possibly posted.

Here is your original post from one year ago where you did EXACTLY that.

You literally compared us after 2 rounds in 2023 to our entire 2022 season to try and show the improvement you imagined.
That’s you twisting the perspective to fit your narrative. I posted 2 threads in 2022 and 2023 to show that there was a genuine trend that we had improved. 2022 we were winning a fair chunk of the 4th quarters and 2023 we were winning our fair chunk of scoring shots. The theme was that from stats-wise, we were on the rise. Those predictive threads were pretty much on the mark, considering most pundits think we’re some chance of making Finals this year.

Now that’s not to say I’m over the moon with our start this season. Just want to put in perspective that it’s still too early to observe a trend right now. Another loss is probably going to look “not good”. However, a win may well catapult us into the top 8!

Sorry mate. I just can't agree.
This poster is right:

The Crows have been hesitant, fumbly and look confused to me, by Nicks' selections and mixed messages from the Coaches too I reckon. Junior forward goes public, wanting more midfield time which is Coach-defiance.

The defence is unsettled. Sholl, Murphy, Smith totally unwarranted selections.
It's a mess.
I understand the frustrations, and I don’t believe there any any actual “happy clappers” clapping after our 2 losses. Just I don’t think a lot needs to be done except minor tweaks in our mindset. 3 uncharacteristic errors last week which probably summed up our loss:
  • Fog missing from 1 meter from goal
  • Smith shanking a short kick from defence to an opposition
  • Tex trying to go a banana on the left when there were better odds him trying to go around the corner on his right leg.
Clean up those silly acts, and we’re still a decent team.

That’s you twisting the perspective to fit your narrative. I posted 2 threads in 2022 and 2023 to show that there was a genuine trend that we had improved. 2022 we were winning a fair chunk of the 4th quarters and 2023 we were winning our fair chunk of scoring shots. The theme was that from stats-wise, we were on the rise. Those predictive threads were pretty much on the mark, considering most pundits think we’re some chance of making Finals this year.

John - I am not twisting a narrative. You literally started a thread after round 2 about how much our midfield had improved on 2022 because we had more scoring shots.

Is this not you?

Some observations so far:
- we’ve been kicking like s**t in the first 2 rounds!

- our kicking accuracy has so far gone backwards but our scoring power have significantly ramped up. 56 scoring shots compared with last year’s 40 scoring shots in the first 2 rounds, with a 40% increase in scoring opportunities.

- we only had 30 shots in a game just once last year; already we have a 30-shots-per-match in the first round.

- we only had 26 shots or more in a game 3 times last year; already we have that same stat twice in the first 2 rounds.

- from the above, I think it’s showing that our midfield has actually improved, just either the forwards aren’t kicking good enough, the forward entries are perhaps in more difficult scoring positions, or both.

I’m keen to update on this thread every few games to see if the trend continues or how it will alter. Keen also to see if our accuracy will improve, damnit!

How am I twisting a narrative when its you wrote this one year ago.

So if you wrote this in 2023 based on our first two weeks against 2022 - wouldn't it make sense that, BY YOUR METRICS, we have gone backwards in 2024 because our scoring shots against our scoring shots in 2022 are significantly down.

Its either your metrics are shite. Or the club has gone backwards. Personally - I would put a fair whack of $$$ on both.

Now that’s not to say I’m over the moon with our start this season. Just want to put in perspective that it’s still too early to observe a trend right now. Another loss is probably going to look “not good”. However, a win may well catapult us into the top 8!

You started a thread about how much our midfield had improved after Round 2 last year. So we can observe positive trends after two weeks, but negative trends need to wait. Makes sense.

John - I am not twisting a narrative. You literally started a thread after round 2 about how much our midfield had improved on 2022 because we had more scoring shots.

Is this not you?

So if you wrote this in 2023 based on our first two weeks against 2022 - wouldn't it make sense that, BY YOUR METRICS, we have gone backwards in 2024 because our scoring shots against our scoring shots in 2022 are significantly down.

Its either your metrics are shite. Or the club has gone backwards. Personally - I would put a fair whack of $$$ on both.

You started a thread about how much our midfield had improved after Round 2 last year. So we can observe positive trends after two weeks, but negative trends need to wait. Makes sense.
The positive trend in 2023 that I noticed was in keeping with the positive trend we were improving from 2022. That all fits with the observation that we have genuinely improved with our climbing up the ladder last few years.

Those were trends observed over 12 months combined. Why I’m still hesitant to make a firm view of a negative trend right now is that we’ve been unsettled with the loss of RT (who was playing decent footy during the preseason) and Tex with a recent back niggle. Basically, if you’re talking “trends” from just 2 rounds, then you don’t really understand stats and you shouldn’t be involved with betting.

The positive trend in 2023 that I noticed was in keeping with the positive trend we were improving from 2022. That all fits with the observation that we have genuinely improved with our climbing up the ladder last few years.

Those were trends observed over 12 months combined. Why I’m still hesitant to make a firm view of a negative trend right now is that we’ve been unsettled with the loss of RT (who was playing decent footy during the preseason) and Tex with a recent back niggle. Basically, if you’re talking “trends” from just 2 rounds, then you don’t really understand stats and you shouldn’t be involved with betting.

I think we are gonna have to agree to disagree here mate.

But based on the bolded bit - Sportsbet better watch out for you old mate. With that level of understanding of stats and betting - Vegas should be nervous as well.

Is this not you?

And if our converting to scores from inside 50 weren't so horrendous then we probably kick more behinds?

So if we lose tonight, what will be your view? just in a simple answer, no waffle please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back