Game Day Crows v Freo - Friday, probs not good

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not defending the plan but this is what he wants.

The game plan in a nutshell.

1. Defend the space, over swamp the defence with midfielders to force the opposition into bombing it long.
2. Kick the ball out to space, try and get numbers to support, if we can't? swamp back to defence and aim to turn over.
3. Move the ball down the boundaries to remove the chances of Fremantle getting a fast break.
4. Move the ball slowly to ensure possession.
5. Bomb the ball long into 50 at all times near the square to allow small forwards and midfielders time to fill up space to try and lock it in. Hitting up leads only risks intercept marketing and spoils and allows fremantle to get off the chain.

This game plan has successfully worked in ever prem.....oh wait it worked once 20 years ago.
Its never worked. And the only time we've looked like scoring this year is when we've done the exact opposite
Yes im aware you are being sarcastic

Looking forward to more super accurate short chipping with no speed of ball movement, inevitably leading to a turnover because we have the least skilled list in the entire league. Let’s go from being the highest scoring team in 2023 to the lowest scoring in 2024. Extend the coach. Knight VB and Godden.

This is unwatchable trash. Fremantle have been utterly putrid and we somehow found a way to only kick 3 goals for the half. The leadership group are literally all s**t. Every one of them. Dawson’s regression into turnover merchant is staggering to see. Hinge looks up and sees an outnumbered teammate and goes “yep, that’s where it’s going”. Milera looks like he’s about to burst into tears. Fogarty looks like he can’t be bothered dealing with the utter filth coming into the fwd 50 anymore.

As for “superstars” Josh Rachele and Izak Rankine - maybe quit your sooking and impact a game?

And what is Michael Walters? A loose man in attack? Who the * is even meant to be on him?

Watch out world, Lukey Pedlar’s gon gecha. Another first round pick in the bin.

Gee Chayce Jones has really come on hasn’t he. He could play this entire season on a wing and average 12 touches and 0.0 goals. Such upside.

Pathetic.

also thrilled sholl learned his lesson from his week off watching netflix to still be doing those awful hack kicks around the body from defense but i guess he learned from his dad brodie smith

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We may have re-signed him, but he's not immune to being sacked before then.

The Saints re-signed Ratten, and then sacked him three months later to bring Ross back. Seems to be working for them.
There isn't a coach like Ross in the market that you would instantly improve us.

It would be more untried head coaches untried assistants

Honestly imagine if we sacked Nicks and then gave the Job to VanBerlo Does anyone trust the club to hire a non boys club member? I certainly don't

At least the Reds are scoring
Nestory is an elite talent, I just hope he doesn't become a loan merchant at Bayern for five years before ending up at some second division Bundesliga club or back to the A-League.

Solgo has been ok, but can do more too... but Rankine, Rachele & Pedlar have collectively given us buggar all.

Pedlar should be playing for his spot.
Rankine and Rachele are soooo overrated. Rachele has little to no awareness of opposition around him, and as for Rankine....there's 95% more to a game of football than flashes of brilliance. Not saying there no good, but hugely overrated.

Freo's pressure is beating us both physically and mentally.

Sholl is soft.

Walters killing us too. We have no match up for him.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I know Michalanney often takes the small forwards but I reckon we’re lacking a true small lockdown defender. I think McHenry and/or Murphy should be trained up in this role as a last roll of the dice for their careers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back