Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

SBF, just another example of how utterly stupid the left is. They take their climate advise from Greta and investment tips from SBF.

A fool and their money are easily parted and the left take the prize every time.

SBF, just another example of how utterly stupid the left is. They take their climate advise from Greta and investment tips from SBF.

A fool and their money are easily parted and the left take the prize every time.
Lol wtf? Here I was thinking that folks on the right and left were both using FTX. Had no idea it was only the left that were affected by it all. The things you learn!

Anyway. The Society, Religion and Politics board is that way friend ➡️

If you want to play left vs right wars, head there and knock yourself out, you’ll love it.

There's a lot of fud about binance and CZ going around. It spooked me enough to make a large withdrawal today that went through smoothly.

I wonder how much dirt SBF has on CZ and other figures in crypto.

We're kinda ****ed if binance goes down.

Congratulations, this is the dumbest post I've read on Bigfooty for 2022.

There's a lot of fud about binance and CZ going around. It spooked me enough to make a large withdrawal today that went through smoothly.

I wonder how much dirt SBF has on CZ and other figures in crypto.

We're kinda ****ed if binance goes down.
Binance will be fine I reckon, this one actually seems like FUD. Unfortunately though, nothing would surprise these days 😞

Binance will be fine I reckon, this one actually seems like FUD. Unfortunately though, nothing would surprise these days 😞
Probably, but still safer to keep the bulk of your money and coins off binance. Trust nobody in crypto, especially the exchanges.

The SBF saga has brought heavy political scrutiny to crypto, and I'm pretty confident CZ isn't all above board.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez, that Warren bill is like a dystopian surveillance state.

Exactly the same as those pesky impositions like licences, passports and bank accounts.

Geez, that Warren bill is like a dystopian surveillance state.

Exactly the same as those pesky impositions like licences, passports and bank accounts.
What do you think about KYC for hardware wallets?

What do you think about KYC for hardware wallets?
I understand the contradiction. I understand the paradox. And I'm not defending Warren.

But I think there is a price to pay to be a member of society. Especially when it comes to financial transactions.

Kevin O'Leary has thrown Binance under the bus before a US senate hearing. If you don't know who O'Leary is, he was to be paid $15 mil USD by FTX to act as their spokesperson but missed out for obvious reasons.

Good writeup here on part of the story on FTX's fraud being discovered.

Of note is the shadiness around Tether:
What Ryan’s research concluded was that the price of Bitcoin was being moved by another cryptocurrency, Tether. As a “stablecoin”, Tether is designed to be redeemable for $1, which allows it to be traded as a replacement dollar on crypto exchanges. There is supposed to be a dollar (or, since 2019, a dollar-equivalent asset) in a bank account somewhere for every Tether issued. The company that owns Tether should therefore have $65bn in assets, which would make it considerably larger than some UK high-street banks and building societies. But as Ryan pointed out in 2017 – and a subsequent investigation by Letitia James, the New York attorney-general, agreed in 2021 – there was at least one period in which most Tethers were not backed by dollars, at which time the company did not even have a correspondent bank to carry out dollar transactions with clients.

Ryan also revealed that Tether had the same owner as a crypto exchange, Bitfinex (which was confirmed by the “Paradise Papers” leak of offshore ownership information) and that Tether’s money-printing was being used to cover losses from Bitfinex (which, again, the attorney-general’s investigation agreed). His work, published as anonymous blog posts and tweets under the handle “Bitfinex’ed”, helped to lead regulators and prosecutors in the right direction: his findings were cited in an influential 2020 paper by the academic John Griffin, which also concluded that Tether was the most likely cause of large rises in the price of Bitcoin. Griffin’s company, Integra, is also a supplier of services to government agencies including the US financial regulator, the Securities and Exchange Commission.

crypto.com next? Removed bsc unannounced and people aren’t getting refunds, poor handling by customer service along with it. Like more money being stolen

Confidence at an all time low from the FTX implosion, extreme Binance FUD, DCG liquidation, Fed taking a hawkish tone to spook the markets despite CPI falling.

Seems like a good time to scale back in. I've started now and will continue til early-mid January.

Confidence at an all time low from the FTX implosion, extreme Binance FUD, DCG liquidation, Fed taking a hawkish tone to spook the markets despite CPI falling.

Seems like a good time to scale back in. I've started now and will continue til early-mid January.
"Scale back in"?

I've been killing a lot of time watching Coffeezilla and other similar vids. Excuse my ignorance, but the non-bitcoin items like tokens etc all seems like genuine ponzi schemes, with people just artificially inflating their wealth. Would that mean headlines like 'SBF loses $32BN in a week' are false because for example $25BN of that was artificially created and inflated in the first place? The only genuine losses seem like the physical dollars people have put into investing in crypto.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back