Cryptocurrency mega-thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FTM (and Tomb, Tshare) enjoying a big pump... Breaking the strong resistance around $3.15. If BTC plays nice at Miami this week FTM may just chase down the top 20 in MC (currently 25).

I moved a large portion into FTM/Tomb back in mid Dec, it's up 160% since then and compounding in tomb. Touch wood but it's so far been my best move in crypto... Opcat was better % wise, but only had spare change in there.

Yes agreed.
I'm starting to sell off a few of my holdings, just because it is becoming too time consuming to monitor so many things.
I'll be selling some for a loss, but i've done very well on the ASX since July, so i can use these losses to offset the gains so it isn't a massive issue.

I'm almost at the point i am thinking of ******* off ADA, that campaigner of a thing needs to go i reckon.
Did you **** Cardano off?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The last 2 months are the closest the Bollinger Bands have been on the weekly chart for BTC since late 2020; basically, the volatility has been sucked out of the market completely. It's the closest for ETH since February 2020 :eek:. The volatility dropping this low is historically a decent sign of a bottom, but bottoms can last a while too. Heck, even the bottom in July 2021 had a significantly higher volatility than this period.

The BB width for BTC and ETH peaked in February 2021 and has been steadily declining since; it's fairly clear even by just observing volume that this hasn't recovered to the same levels as early 2021.

The last 2 months are the closest the Bollinger Bands have been on the weekly chart for BTC since late 2020; basically, the volatility has been sucked out of the market completely. It's the closest for ETH since February 2020 :eek:. The volatility dropping this low is historically a decent sign of a bottom, but bottoms can last a while too. Heck, even the bottom in July 2021 had a significantly higher volatility than this period.

The BB width for BTC and ETH peaked in February 2021 and has been steadily declining since; it's fairly clear even by just observing volume that this hasn't recovered to the same levels as early 2021.
Retail scared out of the market currently so the institutions are just steadily accumulating before they'll start pumping out a raft of good news again once they've had their fill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Retail scared out of the market currently so the institutions are just steadily accumulating before they'll start pumping out a raft of good news again once they've had their fill.
Even during the run up to recent ATHs in November last year, the volume/volatility never got close to the levels seen earlier in the year. It doesn't feel like retail has ever really rejoined BTC and ETH spot buying since crash in May last year, with these largely dominated by the deriviatives market and institutions buying OTC.

Even during the run up to recent ATHs in November last year, the volume/volatility never got close to the levels seen earlier in the year. It doesn't feel like retail has ever really rejoined BTC and ETH spot buying since crash in May last year, with these largely dominated by the deriviatives market and institutions buying OTC.
Good point. Guess we'll just wait on a spot ETF with baited breath. People will start to flood in again if/when one finally gets approved in the USA.

What if retail just isn't interested in BTC (and to an extent ETH) anymore? So many different directions to go in now.

Crypto.com (CRO) Restricts Withdrawals For All Users After Succumbing To Hack

Crypto.com has fallen victim to a hack. The crypto exchange announced this in the early hours of Monday after users complained of suspicious activity on their accounts. It is the first centralized exchange to succumb to a hack for the year 2022 coming out of the year 2021 which was riddled with numerous hacks that saw exchanges and users alike lose billions.

Users of the Crypto.com exchange began experiencing issues with their accounts. Subsequently, these users realized that their accounts had been hacked and they were missing cryptocurrencies from their balances. In some cases, the hacker had made off with all of the funds in the accounts.

Crypto.com took to Twitter to address these issues. In response to reports of the hack, the crypto exchange had promptly announced that it was restricting withdrawals for all users on the platform while assuring the community that all of their funds were safe.

The tweet noted that only a small number of users had been affected by the hack. However, users of the platform rolled out en masse to say that this was not so. The number of complaints regarding funds being lost by users in the hack had grown continuously on social media. Most had had a significant amount of crypto stolen and called for the exchange to do something about the attack.

Following news of the hack, Crypto.com had promptly restricted all withdrawals on its platform. Users were unable to carry out any withdrawals and those with pending withdrawals could not complete their transactions. This was done in an effort to prevent the hacker(s) from being able to perform any more withdrawals from the accounts of the affected users.

The attack is speculated to have occurred after the attackers found a way to bypass the 2FA security measures on the exchange. This has prompted Crypto.com to alert users to reset their 2FA information, as well as having to log back into the platform to regain access to their accounts.

The crypto exchange announced that this update will be rolled out gradually to users. Upon completion, withdrawals will then be enabled and users will be able to send their funds out of the exchange. “We understand this may be an inconvenience, but security comes first,” the exchange said.

Crypto.com (CRO) Restricts Withdrawals For All Users After Succumbing To Hack

Crypto.com has fallen victim to a hack. The crypto exchange announced this in the early hours of Monday after users complained of suspicious activity on their accounts. It is the first centralized exchange to succumb to a hack for the year 2022 coming out of the year 2021 which was riddled with numerous hacks that saw exchanges and users alike lose billions.

Users of the Crypto.com exchange began experiencing issues with their accounts. Subsequently, these users realized that their accounts had been hacked and they were missing cryptocurrencies from their balances. In some cases, the hacker had made off with all of the funds in the accounts.

Crypto.com took to Twitter to address these issues. In response to reports of the hack, the crypto exchange had promptly announced that it was restricting withdrawals for all users on the platform while assuring the community that all of their funds were safe.

The tweet noted that only a small number of users had been affected by the hack. However, users of the platform rolled out en masse to say that this was not so. The number of complaints regarding funds being lost by users in the hack had grown continuously on social media. Most had had a significant amount of crypto stolen and called for the exchange to do something about the attack.

Following news of the hack, Crypto.com had promptly restricted all withdrawals on its platform. Users were unable to carry out any withdrawals and those with pending withdrawals could not complete their transactions. This was done in an effort to prevent the hacker(s) from being able to perform any more withdrawals from the accounts of the affected users.

The attack is speculated to have occurred after the attackers found a way to bypass the 2FA security measures on the exchange. This has prompted Crypto.com to alert users to reset their 2FA information, as well as having to log back into the platform to regain access to their accounts.

The crypto exchange announced that this update will be rolled out gradually to users. Upon completion, withdrawals will then be enabled and users will be able to send their funds out of the exchange. “We understand this may be an inconvenience, but security comes first,” the exchange said.
Good timing for the AFL :p. Also haven't used their platform in ages, their fees are very high.

Last edited:
What if retail just isn't interested in BTC (and to an extent ETH) anymore? So many different directions to go in now.
Well they clearly aren't as interested as they used to be, I'm guessing most think they are priced out of them now. They are both dominated by institutions/OG whales these days, whether that is in the deriviatives or OTC spot market. As ted summarised very well above, this market is nothing like previous cycles anymore; I don't think in 2017 that people in crypto cared at all about external macro factors.

Well they clearly aren't as interested as they used to be, I'm guessing most think they are priced out of them now. They are both dominated by institutions/OG whales these days, whether that is in the deriviatives or OTC spot market. As ted summarised very well above, this market is nothing like previous cycles anymore; I don't think in 2017 that people in crypto cared at all about external macro factors.
Just in the chats I read, no-one ever talks about buying BTC.. It's all NFT's, the next Gaming project, next metaverse, LP farming/APR chasing, next 3 or 4 or 5 or 6X coin that's gonna pump.. And some do, and inevitably fall back down 50% or more.

This could also be a reflection on the projects I follow. BTC pumped 100% in a few months in the second half of 2021. Meanwhile Luna did a 20X, SOL the same(or more) AVAX ect.. FTM was a 14,000% for the year.

BTC is resented by retail, and it's interest only lies in the control it has over the market.

Last edited:
Just in the chats I read, no-one ever talks about buying BTC.. It's all NFT's, the next Gaming project, next metaverse, next 3 or 4 or 5 or 6X coin that's gonna pump.. And some do, and inevitably fall back down 50% or more.

This could also be a reflection on the projects I follow. BTC pumped 100% in a few months in the second half of 2021. Meanwhile Luna did a 20X, SOL the same(or more) AVAX ect.. FTM was a 14,000% for the year.

BTC is resented by retail, and it's interest only lies in the control it has over the market.
Yep, until ETH detaches from BTC and alts from ETH, then the entire market will struggle with poor macro conditions.

The BTC price is the only price you'll see in mainstream media as well. BTC falls x% or BTC hits $X is a headline that no other coin gets.

NFTs are getting some headlines as well, but more 'lol look how people are manipulating the price of NFTs to lure in suckers' or 'This guy made $300k of selling NFTs containing nothing but pictures of his taint'

The BTC price is the only price you'll see in mainstream media as well. BTC falls x% or BTC hits $X is a headline that no other coin gets.

NFTs are getting some headlines as well, but more 'lol look how people are manipulating the price of NFTs to lure in suckers' or 'This guy made $300k of selling NFTs containing nothing but pictures of his taint'
ETH gets attention from MSM a fair bit now, but yeah, the rest of the market is generally not covered.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back