Opinion Culture Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same dif. All the God of Abraham ;) Add Saadie and young Garlett to the God Squad. 5 All draw.

From anyone else I would have been dubious but if it comes from the source...

Disagree. One of them seemed to even agree with the common thought here, that being that it's a bit of a blow up. Said the same thing would be happening at all other clubs in the off-season.

One seemed a bit bent out of shape, but he could barely string a coherent sentence together. The other calmly said it wasn't 'acceptable', but just a plain fact of todays youth.

A bit of Charlie over the Christmas break isn't going to hurt anyone. I have heard many stories about players from different clubs "indulging" in public.

It's not an AFL issue, it's a public health issue. I'd guess the percentage of players using drugs would be similar or lower than the Australian average.

... And to me the evidence for cannabis or MDMA demonstrates that they are far less harmful than sanctioned drugs like alcohol and cigarettes. They don't mind having tables full of Crownies' on Brownlow night though, do they?

Is the it the Gold Coast lifestyle leading the kids astray? I think it's just a result of poor leadership and management within the club itself. I'm sure the streets of Melbourne would be just as good a playground for a cashed up kid.

A bit of Charlie over the Christmas break isn't going to hurt anyone. I have heard many stories about players from different clubs "indulging" in public.

It's not an AFL issue, it's a public health issue. I'd guess the percentage of players using drugs would be similar or lower than the Australian average.

... And to me the evidence for cannabis or MDMA demonstrates that they are far less harmful than sanctioned drugs like alcohol and cigarettes. They don't mind having tables full of Crownies' on Brownlow night though, do they?

Is the it the Gold Coast lifestyle leading the kids astray? I think it's just a result of poor leadership and management within the club itself. I'm sure the streets of Melbourne would be just as good a playground for a cashed up kid.
well that about sums it up for me.

Robbo just said on 360 there's a lot more player involved in this drug saga then the 6 or 7 being reported. More info in tomorrow HS so should be up online sometime late tonight

AFL360
Whateley asked.. So it's 5-6-7 players..? Is the number higher then that?
Robbo- the numbers higher then that, I need you to buy the herald sun tomorrow.. It's deepened, widened, it's not online yet so I can't say to much.
Why do you even bother watching that crap?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember a certain Geelong player convicted with trafficking a gram of coke. The media obviously believed his story that it was solely for friends! 2 Collingwood players stood down for testing positive to an identical performance enhancing drug. Little said since. Lets kick the Suns whilst they're down. Maybe the HS has some direct evidence for once.

Robbo just said on 360 there's a lot more player involved in this drug saga then the 6 or 7 being reported. More info in tomorrow HS so should be up online sometime late tonight

ohmygawd

Funny how he is calling them out when his rabble club started a systematic performance enhancing drug program to cheat.

since browny left the club, any time he has spoken in the media about us he's generally been rubbishing us from memory. but boy am i glad he's standing up for us now. the 'former player/s' who spoke to that other bloke did come across as more of a 'disgruntled former employee' talking s**t.
But I don't understand, Dittmar said we are divided after speaking with ex-players. And here's one notable ex player who said it wasn't true.
Ricciuto says we are playing like a divided group. Ricciuto then defends Adelaide who are being "cruelled by injuries."
In his HS article, Slobbo says the buck always stops with the coach - yet Slobbo never criticizes his mate Hird.
It's fair dinkum like duck season. If it's not us, it's Sam Mitchell's gesture. :drunk:

sorry to intrude guys, but this may very well get a lot worse before it gets better.
not only was cocaine in use post season, and it wasn't just a one off, there were frequent users, and players even had methods of cleansing the body after use of illicit substance, as if to get it out of their system.

what karmichael hunt is doing is poor, he's selling out his mates for his own benefit, and whilst what he's saying isn't necessarily untrue, its really hypocritical.

most of these guys went up to GC as fresh faced 18 year olds, and they've been lead down the garden path, by older influences.
footy classified trotted out that Karmichael "purchased cociane outside of a pizza shop at 7:45am", its a tad misleading, and its probably a good thing too, because if the club, and the afl knew that a club sponsor was supplying players with substances, it really would be an issue. (no I'm not referring to crust pizza).

i enjoy the suns, and went down to etihad and watched them yesterday, caught up with some of the boys after the game, their upbeat, and so should you guys be, when this issue passes, and the injured players can return, i see a big turn around for you guys, all the best. (Y)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back