Game Day Round 3 - vs The Bye (Catch All Chat Thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

As I said in the match thread, rest up and rejig the team.

Lots to work on and some key changes need to be made going into Round 4.

Will hopefully have Witts back. Need him for the Hawks game at least. Moyle got better; played against one of the better rucks and one of the better midfields out there.

As I said in the match thread, rest up and rejig the team.

Lots to work on and some key changes need to be made going into Round 4.

Will hopefully have Witts back. Need him for the Hawks game at least. Moyle got better; played against one of the better rucks and one of the better midfields out there.
Moyle was actually not as bad as people suggested. Sure, he made some mistake especially early but got better as game progressed. I actually don't mind if Moyle will continue. Witts with groin issue probably needs more time to recover.

Moyle was actually not as bad as people suggested. Sure, he made some mistake especially early but got better as game progressed. I actually don't mind if Moyle will continue. Witts with groin issue probably needs more time to recover.
Yeah I was saying elsewhere if you take away the first qtr when everyone shat the bed he was actually pretty decent

Moyle was fine overall. Was clearly a downgrade on Witts, but most rucks are. Took him a while to adjust to English and his mistakes were noticeable early, but the whole team didn’t help there.

I think we all made him a bit of a scapegoat as he was the main change.

He should be our main ruck if Witts is down and have a support ruckman in Andrew (or even Read if Dimma dislikes the idea of playing Andrew…)

I wouldn’t rush Witts back for GWS. Get him ready for the must win game against the Hawks if it is a short-term injury.

Now that Ellis has played his 250th, who should replace him in team. He's been a warrior for us but surely his time has come.
I wouldn't mind getting the Unicorn or W. Graham in to have a run. Realistically they couldn't be much worse could they?

Shocking game puts a dampener on the week off, but I think we are closing in on our best 22.

Uwland/Lemmens Collins Andrew
Powell Ballard Sexton
Atkins/Closehy Rowell Fiorini
Humphrey Walter Lukosius
Rosas King Ainsworth
Witts Miller Anderson
Budarick/Swallow Flanders Holman Berry
Swallow/Graham

• Desperately need some pace and class on the wing opposite Fiorini.
  • Uwland, wasn’t his best game, but hopefully he learns from it. Needs to back himself in and own the ball when its in his area.
  • Budarick needs to take the first option more, just gets himself in trouble too much. The whole backline needs time to learn and build the system though.

IMO.

Overall, 2-1 with some excellent patches and some shocking patches is about where we expected to be, so let’s keep building.

2-1 is solid and about where I expected us to be. Ballarat is a tough place to go and as expected a bridge too far for us currently. I think going forward we need to start phasing some players out post bye.

Ellis and Casboult are the 2 that come to front of mind that we can probably move on, don't want to see the likes of Long come back either.

Uwland - Collins - Andrew
Powell - Ballard - Sexton
Chlosey - Miller - Fiorini
Ainsworth - Lukosius - Flanders
Rosas - King - Walter

Witts - Anderson - Rowell

Humphrey - Holman - Berry - Swallow

I would only be running with one of Uwland or Budarick you can pick one or the other.

No Casboult means that King and Lukosius need to take up the mantle of that lead up contesting player.

Ellis to Chlosey or Faulkhead, take your pick but we need something different. Ellis has been solid for us but he is definitely winding down.

Same old culprits.... residue from the past. We need to move on around 5 or 6 and play the future. Graham, Clohesy, Faulkhead, Jeffrey, Rogers, Reid + Andrew, Humphrey, Rosas, Witts will make a big difference. ....and Weller when fit.

2-1 is solid and about where I expected us to be. Ballarat is a tough place to go and as expected a bridge too far for us currently. I think going forward we need to start phasing some players out post bye.

Ellis and Casboult are the 2 that come to front of mind that we can probably move on, don't want to see the likes of Long come back either.

Uwland - Collins - Andrew
Powell - Ballard - Sexton
Chlosey - Miller - Fiorini
Ainsworth - Lukosius - Flanders
Rosas - King - Walter

Witts - Anderson - Rowell

Humphrey - Holman - Berry - Swallow

I would only be running with one of Uwland or Budarick you can pick one or the other.

No Casboult means that King and Lukosius need to take up the mantle of that lead up contesting player.

Ellis to Chlosey or Faulkhead, take your pick but we need something different. Ellis has been solid for us but he is definitely winding down.
I posted basically the same line-up in the bulldogs game thread today but leaned towards ethan read on the wing for a point of difference. Andrew and read could play about 10% time in ruck to help chop out and also to blood them into the position for the future. Rogers is another one that I think could also play wing but they may want him to build fitness first.

Bit worried the bye could beat us tbh

2-1 with next three of giants hawks and swans. After 6 we should have a good idea how we sit
3-3 should be our absolute worst case scenario and hope for 4-2. I'd be very surprised if we beat both GWS and Swans
If it's 2-4 there's something seriously wrong with the whole place.
I'm also really hoping we get over the bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck this week …. The bye can be a tricky opponent!

I must say I was quite impressed with young Moyle, he’s a bit of a beast. I think if Witts boots weren’t so hard to fill he would have got more positive press

Not having a home game during Easter weekend seems like a missed opportunity for us
Having teams have a bye over Easter weekend, where teams play from Thursday until Monday, is the real missed opportunity. Two public holidays for extra games to make each slot stand alone, and we still have less games.

Hope our team enjoy that family time at Easter though.

Having teams have a bye over Easter weekend, where teams play from Thursday until Monday, is the real missed opportunity. Two public holidays for extra games to make each slot stand alone, and we still have less games.

Hope our team enjoy that family time at Easter though.
This, hopefully the lads get away to see family.

Given the policies emanating from the elitist enabling private school toffs at VFL House with their cover it up drugs policy I sure do hope they all go and see family and don’t come back next week wanting an appointment with the club doctor.
If they do, the club will either keep it under wraps like most other clubs, or feel forced to trade the player to Carlton… (too soon?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back