List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Population is only one factor you'd think
Would you rather have the one million people in Eastern Melbourne as your feeder or 10 million in Beijing?
I think this is the reasoning behind them giving us such a little population size in the first place because historically the Gold Coast has produced more AFL players per capita than Brisbane or Sydney. That's great in theory but look at the likes of Isaac Heeney, Callum Mills, Eric Hipwood or Jacob Hopper and tell me why we haven't produced an unbelievable talent out of our academy to date.

So a small catchment zone is a detriment ??
In 17er style Glass half full - a small community is close - they know each other well and will bond accordingly.
Its not the size of the Zone but the quality of the Zone....
It's the small population base combined with the sparse spread of our most populated cities IMO. I hope you're right and I would love to see a day where our guys all take ownership of the club due to city pride but right now I don't think that's really the case.

View attachment 449448 Tommy bloody Lynch.

Third and last time at Oktoberfest with your team mates?
What are you saying captain your moving down south at the end of the year?

I’m not a huge wrap on TLynch myself like the rest of you are but I interpret that as him saying that after 3 trips to Oktoberfest he feels he should go visit other parts of the world on his annual leave from now on.

Based on this post I think Lynchy's girlfriend is moving back to the Gold Coast this year. Surely this bodes well for us in regards to re-signing him!

He insists life is good though, with the club’s Orwellian approach to training right up his alley.
“It’s definitely different ... I’m into my eighth season now and a lot has changed since I started,” Lyons, who has two seasons to run on his contract, said.

Confirmation Lyons is contracted until 2019. OP will be updated accordingly in the near future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confirmation Lyons is contracted until 2019. OP will be updated accordingly in the near future.
Matchu while your there - Schoenfeld needs updating to 2020 ... refer to Joyce Schoey resigning story before xmas...

Matchu while your there - Schoenfeld needs updating to 2020 ... refer to Joyce Schoey resigning story before xmas...
No worries. Will do once I get the chance.

Still looking for confirmation on Witts' contract length.

I know people are worried about potentially losing Lynch to free agency but this is something everyone will have to get used to because next year will see May, Swallow, Day, Thompson and Sexton all become free agents. After that it starts to get a little easier with Lonergan and Martin being the only notable free agents for a few years.

If there was ever a year to loose lynch (hoping we don’t) this is the year with the quality of this years draft

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

and the fact of where we are likely to finish (bottom 3) and how the FA compensation picks work (likely straight after our 1st pick - e.g. top 4).

Still hope we keep him but the compensation we get if he leaves wouldn't be manifestly unfair.

If there was ever a year to loose lynch (hoping we don’t) this is the year with the quality of this years draft

It will take 5 years for any draftee to be as good as Lynch.
Do the Suns have that time ???
It's no good having a forever young team.... unless you like wooden spoons and little support.
As for the superdraft - isn't next years always better ...?

It will take 5 years for any draftee to be as good as Lynch.
Do the Suns have that time ???
It's no good having a forever young team.... unless you like wooden spoons and little support.
As for the superdraft - isn't next years always better ...?

If he goes, he goes - nothing said here changes that

All Bassman is saying is that if he does leave it will most likely be better in terms of compensation this year then any other recent year or future year

Everyone here would prefer he stays for all the points you made.

If he goes, he goes - nothing said here changes that

All Bassman is saying is that if he does leave it will most likely be better in terms of compensation this year then any other recent year or future year

Everyone here would prefer he stays for all the points you made.
All I'm saying is - if we want to get anywhere in the next few years we can't lose Lynch . If he goes so will May etc etc.
We face a real prospect of becoming a perennial feeder club. Give up our best players for draft picks every year and remain a nursery at foot of the Ladder.
Melbourne clubs will support our continued funding - because they get benefits player wise.
Only way to stop that is to have more locals who are not interested in moving.
Hate it when Suns become life members of opposition clubs (Prestia, Caddy etc etc)...

I’m in the same camp as the rest of us praying lynch stays. Was just making a point this years draft pool is the best it’s been in quite awhile.

The only thing which will keep these guys (lynch, May as well as others) at our club is improvement, it’s as simple as that if we flounder around the bottom four each year we will loose quality players year in year out

All I'm saying is - if we want to get anywhere in the next few years we can't lose Lynch . If he goes so will May etc etc.
We face a real prospect of becoming a perennial feeder club. Give up our best players for draft picks every year and remain a nursery at foot of the Ladder.
Melbourne clubs will support our continued funding - because they get benefits player wise.
Only way to stop that is to have more locals who are not interested in moving.
Hate it when Suns become life members of opposition clubs (Prestia, Caddy etc etc)...

Yeah agree , under Clayton weather it was his fault or not we have been in a vicious cycle , where we lose players and replenish through the draft , and it’s been going like that for 8 years now with no sign of finals , for the position we are in no long term fan should think the best thing is to go to the draft , I hate the thought of it , we should be thinking of keeping lynch at all costs and trading those high picks next year for a Ollie Wines type , it’s the only way for retention and success .

Yeah agree , under Clayton weather it was his fault or not we have been in a vicious cycle , where we lose players and replenish through the draft , and it’s been going like that for 8 years now with no sign of finals , for the position we are in no long term fan should think the best thing is to go to the draft , I hate the thought of it , we should be thinking of keeping lynch at all costs and trading those high picks next year for a Ollie Wines type , it’s the only way for retention and success .

I guess its a long shot, but what about trading said draft picks (If Lynch leaves) for more experienced players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back