List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Wtf going on here.
Needs to be better.
Got a big year ahead

Big Red Machine
First I've heard of it, Looks like maybe a board upgrade broke the coding at some point

I'll have a look at it when I get the chance, Unless Corkie or Suns gets to it first

First I've heard of it, Looks like maybe a board upgrade broke the coding at some point

I'll have a look at it when I get the chance, Unless Corkie or Suns gets to it first

I blame the humidity

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have read in several places now that King has re-signed on that two year extension. It's done. Finalised. All that needs to happen is to announce it.
Not wishing to be a Donny Downer but there's no way we see the best of Ben King in the next 2 years-but I guess it at least gives us the chance of getting another extension out of him.
If he leaves he's not coming back!
Just annoying that he'll be probably tying up close to $2M over the next 2 years for basically doing rehab and then getting back to match fitness in 2023
If he left after 2023 that would put him in O'Cockface territory where the Club basically spent years and dollars on rehab/contracts/surgery and then he ran off to Hawthorn
Anyway rather he signed than didn't sign-just wish we were looking forward to a couple of 60-70 goal seasons from him rather than feel good stories about his rehab "progress"

Ben Ainsworth extends

Currently Unknown amount of years

As I understand these are remaining players out of contract at the end of 2022:

Senior list - Lukosius, Rankine, Weller, Davies, Markov, Holman, Corbett, Burgess, Graham

Rookies - Casboult, McLennan, Conroy, Murtagh, Tsitas, Uwland, Brock, Nicholls, Oea

As I understand these are remaining players out of contract at the end of 2022:

Senior list - Lukosius, Rankine, Weller, Davies, Markov, Holman, Corbett, Burgess, Graham

Rookies - Casboult, McLennan, Conroy, Murtagh, Tsitas, Uwland, Brock, Nicholls, Oea
I bolded the ones that would be certain to be offered a contact extension.
Italics the ones that possibly could
And the rest shouldn't get a contract extension

Onya Benny. Great clubman who’s quietly remained loyal, never looked like leaving and is slowly but surely improving as a footballer year upon year :thumbsu:
Agree with this completely, upside is he’s only 24 should hit his straps between the age of 25-26 which needs to happen if we are going to be a serious contender for finals next year he needs to put up at least 30 goals.

Onya Benny. Great clubman who’s quietly remained loyal, never looked like leaving and is slowly but surely improving as a footballer year upon year :thumbsu:
I remember one of the journos down south was asked about Ainsworth last year and whether he was gettable. The answer was a firm no and that Ben was extremely committed to us with absolutely no intention of leaving. In terms of his progression, I think it's important to keep in mind that Ben initially made a name for himself as a small forward, which included AA selection as an underager, but improved his endurance enough to move into the midfield late in his junior career. Dew has flirted with the idea of playing Ainsworth in the midfield several times but I believe we've got far too much depth there now for Ben to play as a full time midfielder. Rankine certainly seems the most likely of our small forwards to end up in the midfield one day so Benny will just have to keep plugging away as a small forward and become more efficient in that role.

The main thing for me is that he needs to kick more goals than behinds. He just seems to kick too many behinds for my liking. If he improved his goalkicking to someone akin to Luke Bruest at Hawthorn then we'd have a very dangerous forward on our hands because there's nothing wrong with Ainsworth in terms of his physical attributes when talking about a small forward. He's quick, he can jump, he can hit targets etc. It's just the goalkicking accuracy that lets him down IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back