List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Brenton87

Club Legend
Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Huge news.
How good will it be to see a team of 25 year olds running around together
Bowes, Ainsworth, Wright, Collins, Corbett, swallow, witts, Miller all signed up long term now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Collins is only contracted until end of next year but hopefully an extension isn't far away he has been staunch in our back line, don't miss May at all.

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Worth mentioning both Bowes and Wright will come off contract after eight years service with us, making them eligible for restricted free agency. Lots of agents seem to be doing this with players who are willing to commit long-term. It's something we'll have to be mindful of and deal with later.
If they go after 8 years service because we are still a rabble then fair enough as they have paid their dues. However I am very hopeful that we will be a top 8 side by the time they come out of contract again

Stroppy

Club Legend
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Dubs
Yesssss.

Don't pay attention to news/twitter from about 5.30pm to 5.30 am so woke up to the good news.
More good blokes who can play are locked in.
Last off-season is paying dividends now. Wafflers and wastrels out, the committed lock in.

Not that fussed about Jack any more. If he stays, that would be great. If he goes, get what we can and move on.
2 year extensions for the draftees soon, please.

Old Sol

Senior List
Oct 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Still nothing that I can see on the AFL website about our club securing 3 important signatures...
Surely at least one of the journos that write for them has been told about it right?

gcsunsfc

Cancelled
Oct 24, 2012
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
What happens with Brodie now our injured.
Been in and out of the side his whole career.
Plays career best game.. and gets injured. Season over.

If it wasn’t for fiorinis interview about Brodie I’d say he was gone.

I wonder where in the clubs thoughts he sits?
How much he worth? And years?

Tough one.

Think it would be best for all parties to take this into early next season and see if Brodie is playing good footy and reward him accordingly.

Jan 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Think it would be best for all parties to take this into early next season and see if Brodie is playing good footy and reward him accordingly.

1 year on reasonable coin?
Assess next year?

I’d be happy to sign him long term. Don’t want Ainsworth and Bowes doing the dirty work they are clean and silk

Just don’t want to sign him for 3-4 years on 500k and have him playing NEAFL

OB11

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 4, 2010
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
76ers
1 year on reasonable coin?
Assess next year?

I’d be happy to sign him long term. Don’t want Ainsworth and Bowes doing the dirty work they are clean and silk

Just don’t want to sign him for 3-4 years on 500k and have him playing NEAFL

He is signed next year for $400k (reportedly). No rush unless he tries to force his way out.

One thing you won't hear the mainstream media talking about is this: we have re-signed a raft of core players this year such as -
David Swallow, Jarrod Witts, Touk Miller, Alex Sexton, Rory Thompson, Peter Wright, Ben Ainsworth, Jack Bowes, Izak Rankine and now Sam Day. Yet we have retention issues? Ha yeah okay...

Camsta

All Australian
May 12, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Heard the club was aiming to lock down 10 of the 14 off contract players at the end of 2020

Hats off to Haines and co for getting them over the line

Back