List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jen2310

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gold Coast Suns
Cough *Mick Warner* Cough

Agree that Lynch stands out like a honeymooners dick in terms of commentators that can provide insight about the Suns when commentating games compared to the other commentators.

Also good news for us if Ben King doesn't have a Melbourne girlfriend anymore and can lay down some more gold coast roots
His girlfriend moved to the US. I guess would have been a bit hard to do long distance for 4 years until she graduates. Who knows whether she'll come back. But it's good he is getting back out there.

Supersuns

Club Legend
Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Pacers, Arsenal, Colts, Mets
I’ll be the first to say I had stamped Wills papers halfway during the year as he looked uninterested and wasn’t willing to change his game to fit our team but he swung me in the last half of the year with his work ethic, effort and his improved running abilities. I’m very happy to be wrong on this occurrence

Last edited:

SandyToes

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2009
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’ll be the first to say I had stamped Wills papers halfway during the year as he looked uninterested and wasn’t willing to change his game to fit our team but he swung me in the last half of the year with his work effort and his improved running abilities. I’m very happy to be wrong on this occurrence
I had very low expectations for him when I watched him run around in circles at the fall of the ball with no idea in his first couple of matches, but his last 6 months have shown his junior potential is being realised
Great to have him on board and a shout out to all the fine Broadbeach lasses keeping him focussed

David C

Senior List
Aug 16, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brisbane
Congrats on the 4 re-signings particularly Brodie as I thought he was out of there. Dewie was probably right with his recent comments about letting Lyons go, it gave opportunities to the likes of Brodie. Though I don't really understand getting Miles and letting Lyons go. Hope Luka signs on soon which I think he will. Bit worried about Kingy, has he given any hints on what he is likely to do?

Jirik13

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Bit worried about Kingy, has he given any hints on what he is likely to do?
He said the plan was always to focus on games, play out the season and then deal with a contract extension. He seems very happy, enjoying himself in Suns videos (plenty of them recently).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jirik13

Club Legend
Jan 22, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
If King and Luko haven't re-signed this time next year we have a problem
Not so much now
Exactly, it seems like a lot of supporters lost confidence similar to players :)

Considering our losing streak, it's pretty amazing how many players extended and expressed support for the cause. Definitely, the club is on the right path.

Ah Chee is the last one remaining for me. For some reason, Martin leaving would not bother me too much. It may have something to do with his body language after bye.

Last edited:

TheSunGod

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2010
Bangsaphan Noi
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Team Buakaw Golovkin
I’m glad i was wrong ROBO but I stand by it being a bad look
It was always a great sign Will was working on his spread from congestion.

Very happy with the re-signings but the three signatures of Ah Chee, Kind and Lukosius are worth more than these four by a long way, especially Kingy and Luko. Simply must sign these up long term.

MaySwallow4Heron

Team Captain
Jun 7, 2018
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I had very low expectations for him when I watched him run around in circles at the fall of the ball with no idea in his first couple of matches, but his last 6 months have shown his junior potential is being realised
Great to have him on board and a shout out to all the fine Broadbeach lasses keeping him focussed
This. I was exactly the same and a big critic.

He has completely proven me wrong and blown me away with his resilience. Just the type of guy we need at the club. Stark contrast to Jack Bitchshaw.

Fat Pizza

Premiership Player
Feb 1, 2001
Fitzroy
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Fitzroy
I'm pleased that these 4 have recommitted, but they each have significant flaws to fix before I'd consider them bona fide AFL players. If we can add some more pace into our midfield mix for 2020, Brodie should have a better chance of succeeding. His flaws won't be as easy to exploit & he can be used in a way that accentuates his skills in the heavy traffic.

Top Bottom