List Mgmt. Current Contract Status (Updated list in OP)

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing you won't hear the mainstream media talking about is this: we have re-signed a raft of core players this year such as -
David Swallow, Jarrod Witts, Touk Miller, Alex Sexton, Rory Thompson, Peter Wright, Ben Ainsworth, Jack Bowes, Izak Rankine and now Sam Day. Yet we have retention issues? Ha yeah okay...
The "retention issues" message is coming from the club as well. I guess it is more about the last 4 or 5 years, but even if we lose all the rest of our uncontracted players this off-season, the club has done a great job signing up the players you've just mentioned.

Perfect timing. Brodie doesn't come across as a guy loving his time but he clearly is and hopefully this proves the doubters wrong. Not rushing him has proven to be good. Can't wait to see what Jez can do.

On a more cynical view, must mean Ah Chee, King and Luko are waiting. I'm sure they would of loved to make this 8 signings including Martin. Still plenty of time though hopefully the media pick this up.

Perfect timing. Brodie doesn't come across as a guy loving his time but he clearly is and hopefully this proves the doubters wrong. Not rushing him has proven to be good. Can't wait to see what Jez can do.

On a more cynical view, must mean Ah Chee, King and Luko are waiting. I'm sure they would of loved to make this 8 signings including Martin. Still plenty of time though hopefully the media pick this up.
Great news. I really rate Brodie. Tide is slowly changing. I wonder if the Vic mafia do a positive story on player retention.

Great news. I really rate Brodie. Tide is slowly changing. I wonder if the Vic mafia do a positive story on player retention.

That doesn't sell papers in Victoria - they need a story about Vic clubs picking over our carcus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody great news about the 4 boys re-signing.
Was it announced at the members function tonight ?
I forgot all about it

That doesn't sell papers in Victoria - they need a story about Vic clubs picking over our carcus
If you read the other blogs they carry on about bad culture and that priority pick is not deserved. Culture must be good if the kids are buying in. Priority 1 pick icing on the cake.

Hi-I hope you missed me. I’ve been around both during my 3 week suspension and after.

This is a great chance to post again.
There will be salty people both at VFL clubs and on the GC Board about Brodie signing. Some of the self-entitleds from the VFL thought they’d get Brodie for a packet of chips and then there are those on our own board who have used Brodie to attack our fabulous Coach who has the hardest job in Sport and is chipping away like a champion.

Good stuff. They can all have a salty snack watching the Cricket.

We will rise.

What else came out of the members night?
mark evans is currently drafting a letter to the afl regarding additional concessions, hoping to have an answer back from the afl pre-grand final.

luko just moved out of mark evans's place a couple weeks ago (with ben king as well i think). said ben has been going on a few dates lately, maybe he'll latch onto a young gc lass eh?

dew spoke, but nothing overly new or exciting news. they did talk about the vic-bias commentators a bit (question from one of the members), where they brief the media as much as they can, invite them into the rooms, give them as much access as possible to give them an insight into whats going on, to try and help promote the image of the footy club. they're obviously aware they get paid to talk and be personalities, and that there are some commentators that won't change and will continue to bad-mouth the club whenever they can (dew didn't want to name names haha). he said alastair lynch is one of the better commentators that is invested in qld footy and is keen to always gain as much insight.

that's about it that i can remember. had a chat to rory, he's a great bloke, so nice and humble. started running the last couple weeks, should be back in full training for start of preseason.

mark evans is currently drafting a letter to the afl regarding additional concessions, hoping to have an answer back from the afl pre-grand final.

luko just moved out of mark evans's place a couple weeks ago (with ben king as well i think). said ben has been going on a few dates lately, maybe he'll latch onto a young gc lass eh?

dew spoke, but nothing overly new or exciting news. they did talk about the vic-bias commentators a bit (question from one of the members), where they brief the media as much as they can, invite them into the rooms, give them as much access as possible to give them an insight into whats going on, to try and help promote the image of the footy club. they're obviously aware they get paid to talk and be personalities, and that there are some commentators that won't change and will continue to bad-mouth the club whenever they can (dew didn't want to name names haha). he said alastair lynch is one of the better commentators that is invested in qld footy and is keen to always gain as much insight.

that's about it that i can remember. had a chat to rory, he's a great bloke, so nice and humble. started running the last couple weeks, should be back in full training for start of preseason.
Cheers mate. I know Robbo and Callum Twomey have come up to look at the club so my respect for them has gone up. Hopefully more follow.

Cough *Mick Warner* Cough

Agree that Lynch stands out like a honeymooners dick in terms of commentators that can provide insight about the Suns when commentating games compared to the other commentators.

Also good news for us if Ben King doesn't have a Melbourne girlfriend anymore and can lay down some more gold coast roots

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 9.09.46 PM.png

Suns re-signings have been reported on an hour ago - and moved from the front headlines of the AFL website.
In favour of Brayden Sier - a collingwood player who has played 18 games and was recognised playing in a low level basketball game despite being injured.

Cough *Mick Warner* Cough

Agree that Lynch stands out like a honeymooners dick in terms of commentators that can provide insight about the Suns when commentating games compared to the other commentators.

Also good news for us if Ben King doesn't have a Melbourne girlfriend anymore and can lay down some more gold coast roots
pun intented? :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back