Mystery "Cursed" objects. Would you take the chance?

Would you risk handling a "cursed" object?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Obviously animals are not objects, but can they be cursed?

For example, when I was a teenager we had a pet dog (blue heeler) which we took on as an 8-week-old puppy, and I have never seen a dog have so many different health and accident problems requiring treatment from the vet. And it wasn't just one specific health problem such as back problems which can be found in some breeds, it was all sorts of different health problems and so many different accidents in a short timespan, plus near misses such as the dog running out in front of a car and missing a collision by seconds. When the dog was 2 years old he was diagnosed with cancer and euthanized, and while it sounds harsh it was kind of a relief, as all he brought to my family was a lot of sadness, stress and a drain on our finances for vet bills.

When i was a poor student in Switzerland, i bought a 2nd hand watch from a pawn shop at a throwaway price. Every time i would wear it i would get a headache. It took me 6 months to realise that everytime i wear that watch i get headaches.I thought it might have been me and it got something to do with the metal or whatever. I gave this as a gift to one of my roommates from US who was studying with me in the same Uni. A week or so later when he was heading back home with me he complained about having severe headaches and he never had one like this before. I realised he was wearing my watch. I told him this is what happened to me too and he took it off and never wore it again. 15 or so years later we are still good friends and we still talk about it, but the watch is long ago and we sold it to the very same shop i bought it from for free.

Cursed or not, i don't know but it was kinda freaky.

When i was a poor student in Switzerland, i bought a 2nd hand watch from a pawn shop at a throwaway price. Every time i would wear it i would get a headache. It took me 6 months to realise that everytime i wear that watch i get headaches.I thought it might have been me and it got something to do with the metal or whatever. I gave this as a gift to one of my roommates from US who was studying with me in the same Uni. A week or so later when he was heading back home with me he complained about having severe headaches and he never had one like this before. I realised he was wearing my watch. I told him this is what happened to me too and he took it off and never wore it again. 15 or so years later we are still good friends and we still talk about it, but the watch is long ago and we sold it to the very same shop i bought it from for free.

Cursed or not, i don't know but it was kinda freaky.

Possibly Nickel allergy

The Gold Coast is obviously not an object, but the Gold Coast sports curse is well known. There have been teams in many different professional sports - AFL, Rugby League, Rugby Union, Soccer, Basketball, Netball and Baseball - play on the Gold Coast, which underperformed during their tenures and either folded or relocated away from the area (such as the Brisbane Bears in the early 1990s). No team from the Gold Coast has ever won a championship, and only two remain - the Gold Coast Titans in the NRL and the Gold Coast Suns in the AFL, both of which seem light years away from a premiership.

However, its not only in sports where there seems to be a Gold Coast curse, it's on TV too, with shows filmed and set on the Gold Coast having flopped too. In the early 1990s there was infamous 'so bad it's good' soap Paradise Beach, which ran for two seasons in 1993 & 1994. In the mid 1990s, Channel 9 had another go at a Gold Coast soap with 'Pacific Drive' in 1996 & 1997, but despite a more experienced cast than Paradise Beach it was also a critical and commercial failure, although it did have a bit of a cult following during re-runs in the late 1990s. Years later in 2008 Channel 10 tried police crime drama 'The Strip' which was set on the Gold Coast. The experienced cast and nice setting weren't enough to prevent this series from also being a flop and now all but forgotten.

While a house technically isn't an object, some houses seem to be seriously unlucky. One odd case is a Hollywood home once owned by Britney Spears in the early 2000s, which the pop singer was said to be afraid of after taking residence and moved out of at short notice one day, never to return. I don't know the exact details of the case and how reliable the online reports and videos are about this, but what isn't in doubt is that the next owner was actress Brittany Murphy, who lived at the property with her husband Simon Monjack and her mother Sharon.

Brittany Murphy died in mysterious circumstances in November 2009, collapsing in the house and being taken to hospital where she died aged 32. Six months later, her widowed husband Simon was found dead in the house, in identical circumstances. A theory was put forward that the house had an infestation of toxic mold that led to the health problems and premature deaths of Brittany Murphy and her husband, but this was later disproven and in any case, her mother should have at least shown signs of ill health as she also lived at the house. She did not.

There are also reports that Brittany Murphy like her namesake previous owner grew to dislike and became afraid of the house and in the months before she died would make excuses not to spend the night there, but again I'm not sure of the reliability of these stories. As for the house itself, it has had a complete makeover since the tragedies and has according to reports changed hands a number of times in the years since. Maybe enough times for an astute prospective buyer to query why such a desirable property had been purchased and sold so many times in a relatively short space of time, but obviously the circumstances of each owner and why they sold the house isn't known.

While I'm not sold on the idea that the house in question is 'cursed', it undeniably has an unhappy history. And the moral of the story? If actress Brittany Snow was looking to buy a property in the Hollywood Hills area, she might want to keep driving by this one and look at other houses somewhere else.

Not sure about cursed but we had a Ouji board in our possession for a few months that corresponded with lots of bad luck, injuries/illness and strange happenings in a house I shared with mates in the 90's.
One night we took it out back and burned it. Ive never heard fire make a noise like it did that night. The house immediately had a more calm feel about it.

Heard so much about oulja boards want to try using one some day to see if it's really spooky or not. I gotta feeling it's not..

Heard so much about oulja boards want to try using one some day to see if it's really spooky or not. I gotta feeling it's not..

My advice is don't. I've heard stories from people - sensible grounded people - who have had or known other people who had bad experiences with Ouija boards. I would never have one in my house, much less use one.

One object that seemed to be beset with bad luck from the outset in 2006 was the Melbourne Star observation wheel in the Docklands. Quite a lot of cities have observation wheels, but this Melbourne landmark had numerous problems throughout its 15-year history and was closed for extended periods of time for a variety of repairs. COVID 19 brought about its ultimate demise and Melbourne Star was closed permanently in September 2021, however the wheel still stands somewhat forlorn on the western edge of Melbourne's CBD to this day, some years after paying passengers boarded for the last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recently I had someone leave a full watermelon at my doorstep overnight. I had no idea what it's all about so I googled it. Apparently it is part of witchcraft where if you do that you can occupy a part of the residents mind forever. I had good idea who had done it. A Greek guy with whom I'd had a dispute about taking 12 mths to pay my fee

Anyhow, next day I took the watermelon over to his place knocked on the door and told him not to waste good fruit like that,then left without further discussion. Hilarious

🙄

A curse is just the secret in reverse, if your subconscious (which acts as your personal onboard supercomputer, it sees everything and records everything but accessing the information from such a vast storehouse is difficult and that's why most of it stays below the level of conscious awareness) is convinced in the curse it will unconsciously direct you toward that outcome, you'd think it would have a greater sense of self preservation but critical thinking is the job of your self conscious awareness, the subconscious (which controls over 95% of all your actions) will merely accept the data and act on it like any other computer

Thank You.gif

Last edited:
Back