Daily Terrorgraph ... absolute joke

Remove this Banner Ad

The poor little leaguites want their own media.

http://www.theroar.com.au/2010/09/29/nrl-needs-its-own-media-entity/#more-36178

Of course being 50% owned by a media corporation is clearly not enough for their bias requirements.

Is this idiot for real :D

As if they're going to cough up $25 per month in the required numbers for a Rugby League channel!!

They barely care enough to go to games.

Clearly, 'national' programs are going to give greater coverage to our national game, but if people like this bloke want to delude themselves otherwise then go for your life.

news websites and fairfax websites pool the majority of their material, like sport. So whats on the website isnt really representative of whats actually printed.

I realise that. The HS website has far more RL coverage than its printed version ever would.

We are having a go at the Daily Telegraph for printing bias anti AFL propaganda or none of it whilst posters on LU are pissed off with the Courier for printing articles on Aussie Rules :p

So when they feel Aussie Rules gets more "air time" then RL, they even go as far as posting the sports editors email link on a thread and urge other posters to send emails. So a Sydney RL supporter will email The Courier newspaper even though he never reads it and states in his email that he will never buy the paper due to Aussie Rules articles...a bit far fetched you would think
In the past they have done this for MPs, tv presenters ie the insiders etc

But what I do is also email these people (thanks to them posting their email address) and give them support, also explain why they may be getting some "extra" emails from League fans with a link to the thread on their forum....

Love my work...

Anyway regarding the Daily Telegraph it will eventually come to its senses...popularity will force it...

Good on ya ARES.

Just checked out the LU thread regarding the Courier Mail. Hilarious. Even better is seeing the coverage the AFL gets in Brisbane and the reaction from LU. :D

cm1.jpg

cm2.jpg

i cant seem to talk about the game with anyone here at work

if anyone has seen the smh website, they had the aerial ding dong comic for the afl grand final which will no doubt stir a few people who immersed and enjoyed the game

I honestly see no point 'stirring' up leaguies being one myself it serve no purpose at all, I see this nothing but a ego stroke by the hardcore AFL fans. Being a fan of both codes, it be nice to keep the immaturity to a minimum since it's only a sport. So accept there choice to enjoy league and get over yourself.

In regards to the DT it's rubbish but I'm all for fairer coverage for all sports in all media coverage.

I honestly see no point 'stirring' up leaguies being one myself it serve no purpose at all, I see this nothing but a ego stroke by the hardcore AFL fans. Being a fan of both codes, it be nice to keep the immaturity to a minimum since it's only a sport. So accept there choice to enjoy league and get over yourself.

In regards to the DT it's rubbish but I'm all for fairer coverage for all sports in all media coverage.

Honestly I dont think we cared until they started complaining about tv rights and how they have a better "product". (seriously, before this year did anyone ever hear of AFL matches referred to as "product"?). Thats been followed up with numerous articles in the NSW press varying from "we need to copy their administration because ours sucks", to "their game is a joke, our product is better", to "look if we add the regionals we're relevant". You dont see these comparisons from AFL orientated media in every other state. Its that simple.

The suggestion that the AFL pays News for coverage is laughable when News is 50% owner of the NRL.

Far be it from us to enjoy the paranoia and weaknesses of the NRL. We'll get over it when they do.

Honestly I dont think we cared until they started complaining about tv rights and how they have a better "product". (seriously, before this year did anyone ever hear of AFL matches referred to as "product"?). Thats been followed up with numerous articles in the NSW press varying from "we need to copy their administration because ours sucks", to "their game is a joke, our product is better", to "look if we add the regionals we're relevant". You dont see these comparisons from AFL orientated media in every other state. Its that simple.

The suggestion that the AFL pays News for coverage is laughable when News is 50% owner of the NRL.

Far be it from us to enjoy the paranoia and weaknesses of the NRL. We'll get over it when they do.

I for one ain't complaining about the TV rights but the NRL will get a better tv deal same with AFL. Being a fan of both codes the over-reaction by the media and fans of league is embarrassing, sure the NRL has weaknesses but so does the AFL and any other business. No business is perfect that's for sure.

The 'code war' media beat up is responsible for this over-reaction and war of words between the two codes. As I said before it's only a sport, so it's pointless to argue since no-one wants to concede 'defeat'.

League fans are hilarious, had to laugh when I was in Thailand and Indonesia a few weeks ago. The AFL matches are shown live on the Australia Network.....NRL matches delayed.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's pretty much spot on.

In recent years the NRL fundamentalists have generated far more code warriors for the AFL.

Fair point there. What a whore Murdoch is though. In Melbourne, where AFL rules, his Herald Sun is, almost exclusively, an Aussie footy paper, in terms of sports reporting, for twelve months of the year.

In Sydney, where half the income from his ARL operations is generated, he chooses to boost League instead, and makes out AFL isn't happening. Surprising that.

Hardly anybody gives a rats about AFL in Sydney just like the carefactor situation for rugby league in Melbourne. What do you expect?

It's called business.

Australia's the only place with the 'code wars'.

Unfortunately true, sad but true...

It's the League feral supporters who feel threatened by Aussie Rules. They feel it is our game at fault that they don't have similar exposure, $, media interest etc

They can't see they have been hoodwinked, by News and the terrorgraph...they are tied in, they think this independent commission
will be the savior, but already there are too many chiefs...there will be in fighting, that will be the real downfall ;-/

They see it as a war, we see it as "whatever"

They keep referring to the Union vs League war, the Super League war, now it is the AFL war...:confused:

There is no war, lighten up...

Ps

Howdy Brutus Beefhead ;-)

I'll chat to you soon on LU, Viva L'Revolution!!

Australia's the only place with the 'code wars'.

Australia is one of the few places where two football codes feature just as prominently on the national stage. The US is dominated by its own football, soccer isnt even a threat. England is dominated by the premier league, rugby league and union exist but arent a patch on the EPL. South America is dominated by Soccer as is most of Europe, Africa and Asia.

Australia is one of the few places where two football codes feature just as prominently on the national stage. The US is dominated by its own football, soccer isnt even a threat. England is dominated by the premier league, rugby league and union exist but arent a patch on the EPL. South America is dominated by Soccer as is most of Europe, Africa and Asia.

100% true Australia is unique with it's sporting landscape where there is two football codes that are prominent on the national stage. Typically, countries have one dominant code where Australia has 2 both dominant in the northern & southern states of Australia respectively. It's unique and us sporting fans should embrace it.

Australia has a better sporting landscape then most countries around the world and we should be proud of it.

The AFL Grand Final was covered on one page today near the Trots.

That is as good as it gets in Sydney, but at least they cover the game here.

Cheers

The NRL following is contemptible when compared to the AFL and the facts prove this daily. They don't want to go to war with the AFL because they know the AFL tolerate them and if push comes to shove, Vlad and his AFL henchmen will go for the throat and Gallop knows it. Let sleepings dogs lie is the NRL mantra.

All the best to those following the NRL Grand Final tomorrow, I am sure I will read the results on Monday in the usual spot in the papers, just before the obituaries. How apt.

Hardly anybody gives a rats about AFL in Sydney just like the carefactor situation for rugby league in Melbourne. What do you expect?

It's called business.

& David Gallop was talking up the TV wars today:

"We're keen to have a clear auction of our rights in whatever form that presents the best result.
"We've said we're open to anything that gets us maximum exposure and maximum commercial return."
Gallop said Sunday's decider between St George Illawarra and the Sydney Roosters would have some effect on the rights negotiations.
"Ratings for your big games are very important but of more importance is your game's ability to deliver over a 30-week period and that's what rugby league's done in 2010," he said.
"We've exceeded expectation in terms of the viewership of the game and that points to the quality of the competition on a weekly basis.
"We expect massive numbers tomorrow.
"Clearly, being an all-Sydney final, we'll notice some differences from the last few years but we're ecstatic about how our game's travelling in terms of television results."
Gallop said there was no imperative to outrate the AFL grand final replay on the same weekend, with figures this week indicating the NRL led its rival in total audience numbers for the year.
"It's not necessarily about pipping them because there are a whole lot of variables," he said.
"We'll get an enormous audience and we'll be pretty comfortable with that, we won't be too worried about what they're doing."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/10/02/3028023.htm

Hopefully both codes get a good tv deal,:thumbsu:
We can then get a break from the wingeing League fans.

It seems that League is Banking on a big payday, due to the poor financial state of their game.
Somehow i think there are more reasons as to why they are not financially strong than just a bad tv deal.

chardonnay;19212956 [U said:
with figures this week indicating the NRL led its rival in total audience numbers for the year.[/U]

Doubtless they'll be the same BS apples v oranges figures they usually trot out to make this claim, and the Sydney media will lap it up unquestioningly as gospel as per usual :rolleyes:

Doubtless they'll be the same BS apples v oranges figures they usually trot out to make this claim, and the Sydney media will lap it up unquestioningly as gospel as per usual :rolleyes:

ALL TV networks are Sydney based, so what, its business not 'what is your favourite sport'.

Are you claiming the Melbourne footy media are any good? Most are still in denial over a national comp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back