Teams Dallas Cowboys - America's Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Faaarrkk...looks like we have no choice but to sign Foles now! I wonder how quickly his agents phone rang after the seriousness of the injury was confirmed.

Either way, they need to get someone in ASAP...

Thoughts are with Kellen, hope he recovers!!

Stuff Foles and give the back up job to Prescott.

He cannot be any worse than Moore was!

Only way I take Foles is that is if he is dirt cheap with a performance based contract.

I definitely don't think that is the case. Pick 2 won't see the field this year but you are advocating for pick 135 to be thrown in the deep end?

He will only see the field in a limited basis even if he does see it at all but i do agree Romo does not have the best recent injury history but he is due some luck in this regard!

IF there is an injury so be it and just hand it off to Eze E all day long and throw screens and slants to Witten as we are not winning anything anyway without our Pro Bowl QB under center.

We should only sign Foles for the reasons i mentioned above IMO as now way should he be a Cap hit putting other positions of need under pressure as Foles may not see the field either!

Also do not be so sure Wentz does not see the field this season, just because it goes against what you have posted and believe never say never and who knows what the season ahead holds and Bradford could be getting booed off the field come Week 8 and your own supporters/fans are the most brutal in the league!

Last edited:
Id like to see one of, if not both, Weeden and/or Cassel brought back. Should be familar with the playbook now, they were just clearing out the cobwebs last year. Sky's the limit.

Id like to see one of, if not both, Weeden and/or Cassel brought back. Should be familar with the playbook now, they were just clearing out the cobwebs last year. Sky's the limit.

Yeah if I supported an opposition team I'd like to see the same thing as well.

Yeah if I supported an opposition team I'd like to see the same thing as well.

They are a back up for a reason mate, we are all ****ed with a backup for X amount of weeks, apart from Denver of course, they are so cocky after last year that they decided the QB position is luxury item.Backup, Backup and rookie not ready to play yet.

And here you are worrying about a second stringer in a position that is far from essential. Elway says get a grip.

Last edited:
He will only see the field in a limited basis even if he does see it at all but i do agree Romo does not have the best recent injury history but he is due some luck in this regard!

IF there is an injury so be it and just hand it off to Eze E all day long and throw screens and slants to Witten as we are not winning anything anyway without our Pro Bowl QB under center.

We should only sign Foles for the reasons i mentioned above IMO as now way should he be a Cap hit putting other positions of need under pressure as Foles may not see the field either!

Also do not be so sure Wentz does not see the field this season, just because it goes against what you have posted and believe never say never and who knows what the season ahead holds and Bradford could be getting booed off the field come Week 8 and your own supporters/fans are the most brutal in the league!

Yeah but he's our number 3 QB and the coaches have said he may not even be active for some games.

Anyway I think you should sign Foles, guy sees ghosts but put that line in front of him with a good running game and Dez and he will be better than anyone else available.

Foles is s**t, but he can look competent with talent around him, and when he is playing vs shitty defenses. When he had his magical stretch he did it playing vs garbage defenses such as the bears, raiders and cowboys. I would not touch him tho, Fisher picked Keenum over him.

As an Eagles fan, I love that Jones has not put any resources into the backup qb position.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dang. I think he was our best option.

Maybe but it all depends on what he is being paid IMO.

I reckon the Chiefs would of handed over more $$$ than we would offer, and the terms of the deal is still undisclosed.

Dirty Bird on suicide watch
Foles signed yesterday by the Chiefs. Dak Prescott (rookie) is now #2. THAT will change. Cowboys now looking at Josh McCown. Good luck with all that. If Romo goes down this year (teams know his shoulder sucks and will go after it), the team is toast. And likely his career.

Foles signed yesterday by the Chiefs. Dak Prescott (rookie) is now #2. THAT will change. Cowboys now looking at Josh McCown. Good luck with all that. If Romo goes down this year (teams know his shoulder sucks and will go after it), the team is toast. And likely his career.

I like Prescott. I picked him for the Rams in the mock draft , hoping we'd pick a WR that can catch and get Prescott later. Was very impressive today in the first Preseason game , think the Cowboys have got a good one.

Our offense seemed sharp which is a good sign as it is often rusty at the start of the year. Will be interesting to see how Romo goes.
Defense looked terrible for the most part. So many missed tackles. It will cost us games this year.
Prescott looked good. It's only preseason but gives me hope that sitting behind Romo for a couple of years with some development and we could have a real good one.

Our offense seemed sharp which is a good sign as it is often rusty at the start of the year. Will be interesting to see how Romo goes.
Defense looked terrible for the most part. So many missed tackles. It will cost us games this year.
Prescott looked good. It's only preseason but gives me hope that sitting behind Romo for a couple of years with some development and we could have a real good one.

Yep.

I tried to tell everyone 2 weeks ago Dak was our best option at QB 2 under Romo while Foles / McCown etc are a waste of money.

Dak had the best debut of any rookie QB out there and that includes the 2 Top draft picks and many more. He was throwing like a seasoned QB and if not for 2 terrible drops would of been at 100% completion rate before being pulled to give Showers a go.

The TD throw to Dez was magnificent.

Perfect understudy for Romo IMO.

I like Prescott. I picked him for the Rams in the mock draft , hoping we'd pick a WR that can catch and get Prescott later. Was very impressive today in the first Preseason game , think the Cowboys have got a good one.

I didn't see the game, because...... A) Pre-season football is horrible B) Olympics MUCH better entertainment (especially if Swiss Beach Volleyball is going on). But I listen to Dallas sports radio (www.theticket.com) daily and the guys this morning were saying a lot of good things about Prescott. Always dicey having rookies as backup QBs (much less starters), but maybe they've found something here. They'll need it......odds of Romo playing an entire season are slim/none.

I actually did have some interest in this game, mainly because it was the first game in Los Angeles since 1994. Amazing that a city the size of LA had ZERO football teams for that long. Most locals simply didn't care.

Investigators will meet Monday with the woman who claims Ezekiel Elliott assaulted her last month.

The Columbus Attorney's Office said they hope to complete the investigation into the incident and determine whether to file criminal charges against Elliott this week. All indications are Elliott did nothing wrong, but it is concerning the situation has yet to be put to bed. The NFL is also investigating.

Source: Dallas Morning News

Remove this Banner Ad

Back