Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are people still trying to to twist this situation.

Geelong offer 800K, we match, Geelong trade. If Mardi is pregnant theirs no way he's going to sign a 1 year contract with some other club just so he can go to Geelong next year.

Carlton are in the middle of a rebuild they aren't going to pay 1M just so they can have him for a year, he will end up at Brisbane.

Those in the denial camp (must be just me left...) hope that this is out "Ryan okeefe" moment where danger dr-signs at the last minute for one year to avoid draft when negotiations with Geelong fail.

I reckon he secretly wouldn't be that upset.

Either way a club has to pay for a player like PD...whether it's via a trade or by offering a mammoth contract deal as part of FA.......The geelong supporters don't seem to get this, they think they are running a charity over at the cattery. One way or another you gotta pay up

What number would he wear at the cats ? Anything but 32 please. I'm close enough to vomiting as it is.

Denial. Everything will be ok. !!!
Geelong already have a number 32 - Motlop.

He wore number 35 as a Geelong Falcon - that would be my tip. Currently worn by the guy they want to send to Brisbane (Jansen)

748130-65e2e17e-ec6c-11e3-873b-5e8c286cce93.jpg

Why are people still trying to to twist this situation.

Geelong offer 800K, we match, Geelong trade. If Mardi is pregnant theirs no way he's going to sign a 1 year contract with some other club just so he can go to Geelong next year.

Carlton are in the middle of a rebuild they aren't going to pay 1M just so they can have him for a year, he will end up at Brisbane.

Exactly this.

It's not in anybody's interests for him to go in the draft. Not Adelaide's, not Geelong's and certainly not Dangerfield's. If he does go in the draft, he's actually creating a WORSE problem for himself because he'd lose his free agent status. If Geelong don't come to the table with a sensible trade then he's better off staying with the Crows for 2 more seasons until he's an unrestricted free agent and can then bugger off to Geelong without anybody being able to stand in his way. If he goes in the draft he ends up at Carlton or Brisbane or Melbourne or whatever, his free agency clock resets. Geelong then have to work a trade with them next year which will be no easier than working one with us this year, and they won't even have the option of a free agency compensation pick (which could be pick 2 or 3 if he was at a struggling club) if he goes that way. He could quite conceivably NEVER end up playing for Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Either way a club has to pay for a player like PD...whether it's via a trade or by offering a mammoth contract deal as part of FA.......The geelong supporters don't seem to get this, they think they are running a charity over at the cattery. One way or another you gotta pay up

We get it... We're just greedily hoping our club gets him for as close to nothing as possible. In fairness your club deserves a better deal for him but from that unfortunate one-eyed 'my club's the best and everyone else can GAGF' point of view barracking hard for your team always leads to the detriment of others.

If the shoe was on the other foot...

Then please piss off back to your board because that's just trolling and your adding nothing to the discussion

Is it, though? I'm calling a spade a spade. Geelong supporters ARE greedily hoping we get him for as close to nothing as possible. 'Trolling' would mean I'm saying that to openly mock your club or you as supporters.

I can assure you I'm not.

What number would he wear at the cats ? Anything but 32 please. I'm close enough to vomiting as it is.

Denial. Everything will be ok. !!!

I mentioned earlier in this thread that 32 is one of our legacy numbers and was given to him to use by Roo. His only real connection to that number comes from the fact that Roo passed the torch to him via the guernsey.

It might sound petty, but seeing as though Dangerfield wants to leave I would like to think that he would opt for a new start at Geelong rather than take 32 with him which in my opinion wouldn't be pretty disrepectful.

Havent been there for ages. And dont want to either. The circle jerking would be monsterous.

Had quite a good experience there a couple of months ago, so tried to engage them sensibly the last few days.

Wow what a difference to this board. The % of utter clowns is much, much higher, and they completely drown out those you might actually converse with. there is a complete absence of moderation.

It is impossible to actually discuss anything on that board at the moment.

It irks me that McLeod is not a Brownlow medallist while Goodes is a dual Brownlow medallist. I am a Goodes fan, I think he was a amazing player ..... but I think McLeod was better, or at least on par. Every year the Brownlow has some controversy. Something needs to change.

Not really on topic with the thread but I had to get that out.

Look for what it's worth, and that's not much, but no it wasn't close. Goodes wasn't near the player McLeod was

Remove this Banner Ad

Back